DVDVR Message Board

The Really Swell News Thread

OSJ

If you're broke you can get the same feeling zipping up a sleeping bag and putting your head in an old minifridge. 

Plus, old melted pudding pop smell and 30% less chance of turning into Caveman William Hurt.  At worst/best you'll turn into a sort of 18th-century Charles Durning, but only for a day or so.

• Like 2

Did not expect day one of my vacation to include "hanging out in the Jimmy Kimmel green room during tonight's taping".

Highlight: Standing 8 feet away from Snoop Dogg playing pool.

Lowlight: The beer. Guinness and Red Stripe. Disappointing.

So today is my last show, and I got like 2 hours of sleep last night.*  Why is this in the swell news thread?

Yesterday I jokingly asked a co-worker if she'd wear a certain dress** because it was our last show together, and she did!

7ab77034b1d96cbe18298d037f4cb136.jpgwolf.giftumblr_mqwyod3V7O1qmmmfio1_500.gif

*so of course my mind is in the gutter

**Ramsey knows what I'm talkin' about.

So today is my last show, and I got like 2 hours of sleep last night.*  Why is this in the swell news thread?

Yesterday I jokingly asked a co-worker if she'd wear a certain dress** because it was our last show together, and she did!

7ab77034b1d96cbe18298d037f4cb136.jpgwolf.giftumblr_mqwyod3V7O1qmmmfio1_500.gif

*so of course my mind is in the gutter

**Ramsey knows what I'm talkin' about.

It's true. I know of what he speaks. She's a indeed designed to fill out a dress. Any word on the interview or any other prospects?

My favorite pic from my nuptials to Janice Kowalski

April 4th 2015 is, far and away, the happiest day of my life!

10953929_10153224119714084_3414597551199

Please tell me you call her "Killer".

And congrats.

started reading this thread from the beginning, as i'd never ventured into it. came across this:

Mark your calendars!

April 4th!

Why?

Because last night I officially got engaged to the lovely Janice Kowalski of Toledo, Ohio!

April 4th is the wedding date and I'm just bursting with happiness. Having her in my life has been amazing so far and I can't wait to take the next step in this little adventure called life!

James

and was all ready to wish you congratulations. then i see your photo from yesterday, and so now i offer up a double dose of congrats!!

We welcome the newest family member today, little Sersi. She's the half-sister of Jackpot and Seven, so hopefully hissing will be at a minimum. The older cats ignore the young ones as much as possible and so far the young ones have been really cool when another wee one is introduced.

That makes ten cats, think that's plenty now. Sadly, we don't expect the older bunch to be around much longer, Medea is 17 and skinny as a rail, Nemo & Nikola at 14 are really starting to show their age. Jorkens and Sumuru are 12 and 10 and then we drop down to the younger generation, Twister, just turned two, Jackpot and Seven just turned one and Newt is five months and now Sersi at six weeks. So the sexes are now balanced at five of each. All are fixed (of course).

Looked after baby C this past weekend as Mrs Red was sunning it out in Marrakech for a few days for Matriarch Red's 60th. 

So all went...okay. Best part was on Friday night, as we were getting ready for her bedtime, she stopped, stood up on the changing station, tapped me on the shoulder as I was putting the nappy rash cream away and told me I was her "best friend."

Bring a tear to a glass eye, that girl...

• Like 5

The company I work for recently did a salary survey comparing what they pay their employees against what other companies who provide a similar service pay their employees and found that they were vastly underpaying us, and thus merit raises across the board! And this isn't any little .50 more per hour raise. I'm now bumped up to bringing in right around 15% more than what I was making before! On top of that, I received an email stating that I received an Appreciation Award for Outstanding Service and will have an additional $500 on my check this week! This all coming just over 6 weeks before I am getting married and costs were starting to pile up on us. There could've been no better time than now for this extra money to come in. And THEN, my super sexy soon-to-be-wife texts me a close up pic of her nipping through her very sheer tank top. Best. Day. Ever.

• Like 7

We welcome the newest family member today, little Sersi. She's the half-sister of Jackpot and Seven, so hopefully hissing will be at a minimum. The older cats ignore the young ones as much as possible and so far the young ones have been really cool when another wee one is introduced.

That makes ten cats, think that's plenty now. Sadly, we don't expect the older bunch to be around much longer, Medea is 17 and skinny as a rail, Nemo & Nikola at 14 are really starting to show their age. Jorkens and Sumuru are 12 and 10 and then we drop down to the younger generation, Twister, just turned two, Jackpot and Seven just turned one and Newt is five months and now Sersi at six weeks. So the sexes are now balanced at five of each. All are fixed (of course).

oka_oka_oka_eleanor_abernathy_2-png.jpg

Like I'm one to talk... my girlfriend has 5 cats.

The company I work for recently did a salary survey comparing what they pay their employees against what other companies who provide a similar service pay their employees and found that they were vastly underpaying us, and thus merit raises across the board! And this isn't any little .50 more per hour raise. I'm now bumped up to bringing in right around 15% more than what I was making before! On top of that, I received an email stating that I received an Appreciation Award for Outstanding Service and will have an additional $500 on my check this week! This all coming just over 6 weeks before I am getting married and costs were starting to pile up on us. There could've been no better time than now for this extra money to come in. And THEN, my super sexy soon-to-be-wife texts me a close up pic of her nipping through her very sheer tank top. Best. Day. Ever.

Yeah, seriously, that's just about a perfect day.

Quick check:  Did you day not involve use of an AK?  Did the Goodyear Blimp make any appearances?

Looked after baby C this past weekend as Mrs Red was sunning it out in Marrakech for a few days for Matriarch Red's 60th. 

So all went...okay. Best part was on Friday night, as we were getting ready for her bedtime, she stopped, stood up on the changing station, tapped me on the shoulder as I was putting the nappy rash cream away and told me I was her "best friend."

Bring a tear to a glass eye, that girl...

Aww, bless.

---

Had a great time at my first wrestling event. I bought Daniel Bryan's current shirt and an "I Was There" shirt listing the dates of the tour. I got talking to a fan who nrought the full size WWE Championship replica and let me hold it, large and heavy.

Good overhead seats. Some of the wrestlers were Neville, Finn Balor, Cesaro/Tyson Kidd defending the WWE Tag Team Championship against Kofi Kingston/Big E, Sheamus, Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show and Roman Reigns. Icing on the cake was DANIEL BRYAN who as you well know I'm a big fan of since 2005, an all time favourite of mine.

• Like 3