DVDVR Message Board

The Really Swell News Thread

OSJ

Guess here's the place to update since it actually had been going really swell.

After a rough Thursday (no eating or drinking, no CPAP due to tubes in my nose) the tubes got taken out and I've been on clear liquids and sleeping like a baby with the CPAP since.

Thanks one and all for your concern and well-wishes through this nerve-wracking time.

• Like 9

After eight days of wandering from hotel to hotel, I finally closed on my house on Monday.   Now I gotta get a job closer to DC.  This two hour commute every other day is going to get old really fast.

• Like 1

Third straight 'perfect' performance evaluation. My manager will be crushed if I actually get a job that takes me away from the Central Bureaucracy, even though she wrote me a letter of recommendation.

Break a leg, tromataker.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just accepted a PT position at the number one station in our market rather than continuing full-time at the shell of my former station!

Made up for you dude - you deserve to get that foot in the door.

I just got back from Guys and Dolls auditions. My allergies are killing me so the singing part of it stunk, thankfully they understood. I was going for Big Julie, but they had me read for Lt Brannagin cause he has more actual scenes with back and forth dialogue . I fucking killed the read. I'll find out what part I get tomorrow as rehearsals start Thursday nights.

• Like 3

This month was my hell month for trials. I had 6 trials set, 3 felonies, 3 misdemeanors. All three misdemeanors were dismissed on trial day. Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon dismissed on legitimate self defense issues. Drug case was continued so my client can get a psych eval, and I only have one left. And he needs surgery, so I might successfully dodge all six. If that last one still must go on, well it'll end up in the son of a ~ thread whether I win or lose.