DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Since if I don't, someone else will....

Teddy Hart.  Cat army

Wait. I didn't know we were allowed to book armies, prides, colonies, etc.

In that case the Wyatts should have a giant fireant hill in ahuge glass case that they wheel out and throw their opponents into.

Heath Slater can then try to one-up them with a single piranha in a baggie full of water while complaining that the company wouldn't give him the budget for anything more.

• Like 1

Hey! There's a great podcast called Jason Sims Puts You In Your Place where this dude Jason Sims (aka Jason From Huntsville from the awesome The Best Show WFMU) interviews folks about where they're from. He's interviewed Jon Hodgman, Tom Scharpling, Chris Gethard and a bunch of others.I subbed in this week and interviewed ZIA HILTEY. Chikara people know her as the ringside photographer. She also had an exhibit recently in Philly of wrestlers that was awesome. http://sliceradio.com.au/jason-sims-puts-you-in-your-place/37-zia-hiltey-jason-sims-puts-you-in-your-place-with-guest-host-gregg-gethard/#utm_source=feed&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=feed

THE Greggulator? I love The Best Show and Jason is awesome.
  • Like 2

Real Americans with a bald eagle. Kane with a Dalmatian (Fire Mascot Yo!) A team of Austin/Orton/Santino with Snakes...on leashes. Hell, have DB come out with a T-shirt that says on the front "Bryan 3:16" and on the back "1 just whipped your ASP!"

The Swagger Eagle ?!?

HOWEVER, Cena's STF is a whole other story.

Funny thing is I think the STF is the most painful looking submission on the roster.  It doesn't make any sense, because people always sell Cena's horrible hand clasp/neck squeeze while their leg looks like it's about to be ripped apart at the knee.

It looks especially nasty in the big money matches with Punk, where they usually work a rope grab/cut off spot in. When he reapplies it after dragging Punk to the center of the ring it always looks like Punk's leg might just snap in half.  

They still play it off as an upper body submission, though, which is horrible.

Sabu called Cena a crowbar. A nice guy, but everything he does hurts.

I wouldn't have guessed that outside the rare lariat masquerading as a clothesline he does.

Real Americans with a bald eagle. Kane with a Dalmatian (Fire Mascot Yo!) A team of Austin/Orton/Santino with Snakes...on leashes. Hell, have DB come out with a T-shirt that says on the front "Bryan 3:16" and on the back "1 just whipped your ASP!"

The Swagger Eagle ?!?

I always referred to it as the Rock, Flag and Eagle Eagle.

Sabu called Cena a crowbar. A nice guy, but everything he does hurts.

Can someone explain how either of these attributes relates to a crowbar?

Crowbar is what you call a stiff wrestler.

What he said. Specifically its an old term to describe someone who is stiff as in rigid (not stiff as in hits hard), someone who physically is hard to maneauver and work with.

Also this guy:

Posted Image

Someone was gonna do it, why not me.

I do believe we have our first openly gay WWE superstar ever: Darren Young.

Good on ya, Darren!

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/15/darren-young-wwe-superstar-gay/

I think the story here is that someone recognized Darren Young

D-Young being gay does fit into the whole "Bizarro Cena" thing.  He needs a boyfriend who is half of a twin team...

• Like 1

Do you really think that's Darren coming out, or is it him messing with TMZ? Why did he emphasize how HAPPY he is after saying that he's gay?

You can't really joke about being gay if you're not.

Well, I mean, you can, but this is a company that has been very careful to make it appear to people that they're "tolerant" of others.  They freaked out in the past when talent simply made jokes that they thought GLAAD would get upset about.  I can't imagine the firestorm that might erupt if they have one of their superstars claim he's gay to a reporter, it get national exposure (and it has, I heard about it from the Google News feed this morning), and then turn around and go "j/k, lol." 

So he'd better be gay, or else, it isn't going to be pleasant for him.

Oh, and good for him.