DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Or they can go the route of remembering that wrestlers play characters and he can keep chanting MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

I haven't exactly been chomping at the bit for them to justify why the rapey fire demon is a Libertarian. 

...hardly requires justification, does it?

• Like 1

I haven't exactly been chomping at the bit for them to justify why the rapey fire demon is a Libertarian.

I'd rather see Kane doing that then whatever they have planned for him post Summerslam. Teaming with DBryan freshened Kane up but without that he's gonna get boring again and quick.

So what's interesting to me isn't the move rules in the first half of this clip, it's the TAG rules in the second half. I can't say I've ever heard that if a team makes more than one save it's a DQ. But man I really wish that was spelled out on TV. That sounds like it would be a fun rule to play with.

• Like 1

I actually hope they don't make his character gay because it's pigeonholing the guy.  IE Neal Patrick Harris is gay but he plays straight characters and gay characters.  Just because a wrestler is gay doesn't mean his character suddenly has to come out too.

• Like 7

If they do turn the PTPers face (and really, they should, solely because there is a far bigger minefield that Young would have to go through if he's playing a heel than there would be if he's playing a babyface), then using Zeb's group wouldn't work as well. Far better to do the obvious form: The PTPers come out next week, Young addresses the fans, thanks them for their support...SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA. Shield come in, attack, the PTPers hold their ground, Henry/Big Show save. Next tag team feud, obvious push, completely normal onscreen.

It's gonna be an interesting few weeks.  Because if WWE pushes Young hard, people are gonna say "It's just because he came out" even though it does feel like the PTPs are always on the verge of getting a major push, they're constantly on TV, featured in the ad for Summerslam etc. etc.  And if WWE jobs him out, people are gonna complain "They're only doing it because he came out" neglecting the fact that Young has been getting jobbed out for a loooooong time now.

It's gonna be an interesting few weeks.  Because if WWE pushes Young hard, people are gonna say "It's just because he came out" even though it does feel like the PTPs are always on the verge of getting a major push, they're constantly on TV, featured in the ad for Summerslam etc. etc.  And if WWE jobs him out, people are gonna complain "They're only doing it because he came out" neglecting the fact that Young has been getting jobbed out for a loooooong time now.

So, a two or three month run with the IC title is in his future then? Not really a hard push as it doesn't amount to much these days and is a nice place to stash guys they have nothing much for.

I'm more shocked to find out that people see Titus O'Neal as the Shawn Michaels of the group. I always figured Darren Young would be the breakout star. Then again, I thought Chuck Palumbo would be a future WWE Champion in 2002.

I actually hope they don't make his character gay because it's pigeonholing the guy.  IE Neal Patrick Harris is gay but he plays straight characters and gay characters.  Just because a wrestler is gay doesn't mean his character suddenly has to come out too.

Exactly. The best thing is that he just remain Darren Young. No wild changes where one week he's bland and the next week he's suddenly like Orlando Jordan squirting cream onto his chest.

I'm more shocked to find out that people see Titus O'Neal as the Shawn Michaels of the group. I always figured Darren Young would be the breakout star. Then again, I thought Chuck Palumbo would be a future WWE Champion in 2002.

DUDE CHUCK PALUMBO! 

check that dude's punches though. seriously.

Jimmy Korderas, a WWE ref turned TV announcer makes his pro wrestling debut as a wrestler on Saturday night in Toronto at The E-Zone for Smash Wrestling, on a show that also includes Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Matt Cross, Johnny Gargano, Player Uno, LuFisto, Gregory Iron, Tyson Dux and more.

Oh, man, they split up the Players?  Oh well, Dos was the Jannetty of the team anyway.

Exactly. The best thing is that he just remain Darren Young. No wild changes where one week he's bland and the next week he's suddenly like Orlando Jordan squirting cream onto his chest.

You don't have to make him squirting cream on his chest to make him a "gay" character.  You can just make him a vain pretty boy who is obsessed with his hair and looks and who tends to wear flamboyantly-colored gear to the ring and who gives the divas a bunch of fashion advice backstage.

Well they were really nice. Christ I can't even celebrate the good stuff anymore. Fuckin Matt.

I did kind of want to watch a bunch of Jamie Noble matches.

That feud was great! Go do that. 

I happened to be watching World Wide when Chuck Palumbo wrestled his debut match against, I think Johnny The Bull(who was also making his debut). It was a really fun match for two rookies, and I was yelling at everyone to keep an eye on these two. I totally want Palumbo to succeed.

After Jason Collins I figured an active WWE superstar would come out but not this soon,  I thought after a maybe an NFL player and an MLB player followed suit then  theyd encourage someone to step up because Vince would want to keep his companies machismo for

a bit, even in though the worlds more gay friendly, I dont think Vince likes the timing of this.

I mean people already look down on the wrasslin business