DVDVR Message Board

Night of Brock Lesnar

Dolfan in NYC

I see Austin and Rock as great attractions....show openers, special referees, etc. I do NOT care to see them in the ring though.

However, the thought of Brock throwing Rock into the mezzanine and laughing about it has potential.

You know why else a lot of us want to see Brock/Austin? Because the WWE hasn't done shit to build up anyone worthy of facing Brock. If Cena doesn't win tonight, then who is there to stop Brock?

Answer: NO ONE. If they didn't dick around Cesaro after Wrestlemania with their stupid "well, we'll make you look like crap for a while just because we have to know you won't abandon us" loyalty tests and take Ambrose off television when he was getting red hot to film a movie there would at least be two viable challengers for Brock in the next couple of months before the Royal Rumble rolled around and it was a coin flip between Roman Reigns or Cena for them.

I see Austin and Rock as great attractions....show openers, special referees, etc. I do NOT care to see them in the ring though.

However, the thought of Brock throwing Rock into the mezzanine and laughing about it has potential.

Does Rock have a movie he needs to promote?

I could see Austin coming back if he has a big movie to promote.

Batista and the Rock did that the past few Wrestlemania's.

So Austin can win the Rumble and promote Redneck Makeover 3? Brilliant!

Just wish they had some excuse to take a chance as opposed to having to stick with safe bets like Cena and Orton. I wish I could sit back and enjoy watching Ambrose rise up to be the one to defeat Brock because he's crazy enough or Bryan return and win the Rumble. Instead we are discussing nostalgic acts that might not die if they wrestle Brock.

I'll watch tonight. I mean, I get it with the Network, why not? I like wrestling, this is a wrestling show. But I really don't feel much excitement for this. I want to see Rusev-Henry and possibly Ambrose's return. I want to see Brock. But largely I don't care what happens tonight. It's the WWE offseason, from post SummerSlam to the Road to Rumble, they don't care.

• Like 1

As someone who was anti-Austin during the Attitude Era, yes, I want Brock Lesnar to destroy Steve Austin. And before Lesnar throws the first German Suplex I want him to whisper in Austin's ear "This is for Stacy Keibler, mother fucker."

???

Didn't Austin Stone Cold Stunner Stacy for refusing to drink a beer?

As someone who was anti-Austin during the Attitude Era, yes, I want Brock Lesnar to destroy Steve Austin. And before Lesnar throws the first German Suplex I want him to whisper in Austin's ear "This is for Stacy Keibler, mother fucker."

???

Didn't Austin Stone Cold Stunner Stacy for refusing to drink a beer?

Yes. It was his most disturbing on screen moment in my mind.

• Like 1