DVDVR Message Board

Night of Brock Lesnar

Dolfan in NYC

All matches were at least good and entertaining. I hope they do a 4 way in the cell. If they don't then Seth if probably cashing in after Cena finally beats Brock. Cesaro Sheamus was balls to the wall great as was the tag title match. Loved the early struggle into moves in the Sheamus Cesaro match. Everything was tight and crisp. Oh and don't worry about Goldust being heel cause tonight he was almost as great beating on the Usos as he is as a fip. 

So the worst case scenario now is Heyman and Brock blaming Triple H for the cash in attempt. Leading to more Lesnar matches against Triple H.

Good ppv. Cesaro and Sheamus was as good as expected. Rarely do matches live up to expectations that high.

Jericho and Orton overachieved. I would be fine with never seeing another Jericho match but I will give him credit for getting me to care by the end. WWE may not be able to get me to care about anything involving Jericho but at lease he still can. Matches like that are the best use of him. Beating him does nothing for the career of young workers on the rise.

The STF definitely wasn't as nasty as the one he locked on Brock last month.  Wonder if Brock asked him to loosen it up a bit, because he looked like he was damn near gonna choke Lesnar out for real at Summerslam.

Also, I'm sure Austin will get around to mentioning the need to snug it up again now.

One of the real standouts tonight was Lillian Garcia's pronunciations:

I've done my best to transcribe part of her version of our national anthem:

Whose broad stapes and brooit Stars.  Thooooo the Peerilous fahoit....o'er the reee-ahhhmparts we ratched, roo so grablant lee's traimeeahing.  HeeeYAY the ROOOO Gets  RaY Guns...the Pow-Wer washing Haeeeiaaaaair...Game Poo to the NYigh!  That our  FLedge   WAAAAGDE   STEEEEEGDE  RRRRAAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!

• Like 4

The only thing that would have made Ambrose in a taxi better would have been him in an un-marked white van in which he opens the door a bunch of illegal workers pop out and escape

All this talk about Cena vs Brock at Hell in the Cell is so depressing because we all know Rollins vs Ambrose would be incredible in a cell  

• Like 4

I will say this.

I would be happy with any of the matches in the cage next month if they wanted to do multiple ones:

Ambrose vs Rollins, Cena vs Brock, Usos vs Dust Bros, Rusev vs Henry, Cesaro vs Sheamus.

Hell I'd even be okay with Dolph vs Miz that way. 

It the goal from this PPV was to build to HITC, then they did their job.

Cena's STF tonight reached the absolute apex of shittery. That was by far the worst STF I've ever seen him do.

I agree 100%. The poor application of the STF took me completely out of the match. I thought there was no way Brock should have tapped to a slightly uncomfortable cheek rub.

Was Michael Cole paying attention to the match? Was Brock Lesnar going to tap before the Seth Rollins interference? Shouldn't he had been asking if Brock was going to be pinned? He finally got it right after screwing up three to four times.

I might be in the minority, but I enjoyed the spectacle of the Summer Slam match much more than this one. Also, give WWE Creative some credit for having the forethought of having Ambrose zip-tied and removed so he couldn't interrupt Rollins attempted cash-in.

Everything on the undercard was at least decent, so I had a bad feeling that WWE was trying to soften us up for whatever bullshit they had planned for the main event. Boy, were they ever. If I was one of the chumps who paid $54.95, I would have shot my TV.

Also, the only belt I want to see Dolph and Miz feuding over is the cursed belt from FMW that kills whoever holds it.

Can you really do another Cena vs. Brock match without involved Rollins? Rollins now involved with Ambrose AND Cena. It almost looks like a 4-way: Cena vs. Lesnar vs. Ambrose vs. Rollins is in the cards, but that seems kinda goofy too. I don't know.

It seems pretty awesome to me, which is why it will probably never happen

They should do Ambrose-Rollins in the double level Cell, where they are on the top level and Brock is alone in the bottom level.  And the loser is the one who gets thrown down in there to Brock.  Like, that's the stakes of the match: "Don't get thrown down into the part with Brock in it."

Like a Kennel from hell but with Brock.

How many years of Cena's career is this feud with Brock taking off? Holy shit Cena is fucking tough. I'd have no problem calling it moty with a clean finish, and it feels like an easy top 5 in WWE this year. Dean/Brock and Cena/Rollins could make for a great card down the line.

• Like 1

Can someone either merge the threads or close the other one?  Humble request.

Liked that the running joke of the preshow panel was "Booker T, you're a multi-time champion, Big Show, you're a multi-time champion, and Alex Riley...you know a lot of multi-time champions!"

• Like 1

Cena's STF tonight reached the absolute apex of shittery. That was by far the worst STF I've ever seen him do.

I agree 100%. The poor application of the STF took me completely out of the match. I thought there was no way Brock should have tapped to a slightly uncomfortable cheek rub.

Was Michael Cole paying attention to the match? Was Brock Lesnar going to tap before the Seth Rollins interference? Shouldn't he had been asking if Brock was going to be pinned? He finally got it right after screwing up three to four times.

I might be in the minority, but I enjoyed the spectacle of the Summer Slam match much more than this one. Also, give WWE Creative some credit for having the forethought of having Ambrose zip-tied and removed so he couldn't interrupt Rollins attempted cash-in.

They compliment each other really well, with Cena figuring it out, and him getting the early shock finisher hit.  I liked this one more, but both were really great imo.  Although neither was as good as the 2012 Extreme Rules match.  But, yeah, if that last AA got the three count, I'd probably call this WWE MOTY so far.  John Cena is better than everyone else in this company at having BIG matches.

So for the bulk of the match Brock is just wandering around taking shits.

To be fair, who is going to tell him not to?

So for the bulk of the match Brock is just wandering around taking shits.

To be fair, who is going to tell him not to?

I don't even think I was being unfair.

I really hope they keep Rollins away from Cena. That's all Dean needs is his main rival to job to yet another face not named Dean Ambrose. The thought of Reigns beating Brock at Mania makes me lol. That dude has no shot.

The problem is, who realistically takes the belt off of Brock? Besides Cena, he's the only guy I can think of.

Ambrose is WHITE HOT but I don't think you give him the belt right now. Hell, it took Steve Austin almost 2 years.

I think either Cena or a cash-in after a Cena match really are the only options that look believable unless they really do hold off while they build Reigns back up.

Hell, I'm not even sure who realistically challenges him other than Cena.