DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

I was kinda bummed about Steelers and Ravens playing this week but now with the Ray Rice dumpster fire going on, distractions about that can help us back door a win.

We only beat Cleveland by a field goal.  We need all of the advantages we can get against the Ravens.

Wow. I just read an article with my morning coffee about how he was in the lead and that things should move pretty fast for him to assume ownership. Faster than I imagined. At least they'll stay in Buffalo.

I'm also not up on practice schedules, but would the Eagles RB1 be eating across the city from the practice facility on a film day?  Not that PYT is above shady promotion tatitcs at all...

Tony Grossi on Twitter:

Reinstatement of #Browns WR Josh Gordon appears imminent.

To clarify the above tweet had this URL added to it - http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=37241

And the story is a Tony Grossi think piece tying all sorts of Kennedy-assassination-esque things together to say that Gordon could be coming back.

So...some grains of salt are needed with this.

Chris Mortensen all but said Josh Gordon would get reinstated last night on MNF.  The NFL is going to change their drug policy - there's a meeting today about it - and part of that is raising the thresholds for positive tests for pot.  Since Gordon's positive test would fall below the new standard, it's going to get erased and he'll get reinstated.

Chris Mortensen all but said Josh Gordon would get reinstated last night on MNF.  The NFL is going to change their drug policy - there's a meeting today about it - and part of that is raising the thresholds for positive tests for pot.  Since Gordon's positive test would fall below the new standard, it's going to get erased and he'll get reinstated.

Well, Mort like may NFL jock sniffers...err..."journalists" have some credibility issues right about now so...pass the salt.

That said, PFT has this which...seems like it is POSSIBLE not definite.

Well, Mort like may NFL jock sniffers...err..."journalists" have some credibility issues right about now so...pass the salt.

I have no problem with Mort's credibility - he said 3-1/2 months, in exact detail, what was in the elevator video that "nobody from the NFL saw".

While I question his ability to run a sports franchise because of what has become of the Sabres, I can at least rest assured that I will have a team to get irrationally angry at.

For now and probably for awhile but how long before Pegula starts making noise about a new stadium or jacks up the ticket prices since the Bills are the cheapest in the league or starts making threats in general.  

While I question his ability to run a sports franchise because of what has become of the Sabres, I can at least rest assured that I will have a team to get irrationally angry at.

For now and probably for awhile but how long before Pegula starts making noise about a new stadium or jacks up the ticket prices since the Bills are the cheapest in the league or starts making threats in general.  

Every team with an old stadium has that concern down the road, but Pegula is extremely invested in the Buffalo area so no real issue there.  And he saw the 'books' so no reason to think that he is going to jack up prices.  The people that have been saying for years the Bills would move when Ralph Wilson died are just sad that they were incredibly wrong.

Every team with an old stadium has that concern down the road, but Pegula is extremely invested in the Buffalo area so no real issue there.  And he saw the 'books' so no reason to think that he is going to jack up prices.  The people that have been saying for years the Bills would move when Ralph Wilson died are just sad that they were incredibly wrong.

Yeah, Pegula is all in on Buffalo. We'll probably be seeing a lot of crossover promotion between the Buffalo teams. There will definitely be another Sabres game at the Ralph in the near future.