DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

Because he's a rich and famous athlete; they get probation and counseling where the rest of society gets jail time.

Yea but technically even if he gets probation that means he was convicted I'm pretty sure.  I can't imagine him not having to at least plea down to something.

He admitted it? How does he not get convicted unless he pleads? That's a serious question I'm asking the lawyer.

Short answer: because Rusty Hardin, his lawyer.

Slightly longer answer: because the question will turn into "the government won't let you spank your kids no more!" and a Montgomery county jury is not going to agree with that.

I wouldn't think it would go to trial at all, not if Peterson was smart.  I mean Rice would have been playing in two weeks if there hadn't been a video, usually pleading to a misdemeanor and getting probation is what stars do so they don't have to go through the time and scrutiny of a trial.  I mean a trial would include his kids testifying and it being national news, especially the way things are in the NFL at the moment.

Both Hardin and Montgomery Co. will kick the can down the road until things blow over, and then let him plea to something.

The NFL has to act now-- the usual "let the courts decide" shit won't fly right now, especially if Goodell doesn't want to become toxic. 

• Like 1

Both Hardin and Montgomery Co. will kick the can down the road until things blow over, and then let him plea to something.

The NFL has to act now-- the usual "let the courts decide" shit won't fly right now, especially if Goodell doesn't want to become toxic. 

Peterson, Mcdonald and Greg Hardy all need to sit down until Thanksgiving for Goodell to have any shot of restoring credibility, and we all know its not happening. . . 

Oh BTW - the new drug policy hasn't been finalized so the folks like Wes Welker, who though they might play this week, are not

The NFLPA approved a term sheet on Friday, but the two sides have failed to turn that term sheet into a final agreement.  As a result, the players whose suspensions would be lifted by a new drug policy with retroactive application won’t have their suspensions lifted.

I agree.

There doesn't seem to be the public outcry over McDonald and Hardy, probably because they aren't offensive players and there's no pictures or video to really shock you.

I disagree on Hardy I've seen a ton of people calling out the Panthers for Hardy still being active and there sighting the Vikings and Peterson.

God bless the NFL Network. Turned on ESPN and saw a bunch of football geniuses - and mildly intelligent people overall, at best - working themselves into a lather over the AP thing. Switch to the Network and they're actually talking Xes and Os, oblivious and or/willfully ignorant of what's going on in the league right now. Which is what I actually feel like seeing as I get my fantasy lineups in check. I definitely support turfing AP/Hardy/McDonald but there also comes a point of Enough Already. 

Speaking of which, I drafted Julio Jones and then regretted it as a diehard Panthers fan. Another owner is hot for him and I offered him for either Eddie Lacy or AP. Would have liked to have Lacy but what a bullet dodged on Peterson.

Yeah and then Charles Barkley playing "it is part of the South" when justifying what happened to Peterson.   

Haven't we learned that using the "it is part of our southern culture" argument has NEVER worked

Still would rather watch CBS then FOX since it seems that they have upped the goofy meter by 1000 with those pre game segments

• Like 1