DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

- WWE may have the three top matches for this year’s Hell in a Cell event figured out. No matches have been confirmed at the moment and the event is a month away. However, WWE is reportedly planning on having John Cena vs Dean Ambrose open the show. The winner would then fight Seth Rollins inside Hell in a Cell. The loser would go on to fight Randy Orton in another Cell match.

WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar isn’t booked for the show.

CreditThe Wrestling Observer via Rajah

Well, that is tremendous. I mean, 99% certain we get Cena vs Rollins and Ambrose vs Orton but that's a tremendous triple main event. 

- WWE may have the three top matches for this year’s Hell in a Cell event figured out. No matches have been confirmed at the moment and the event is a month away. However, WWE is reportedly planning on having John Cena vs Dean Ambrose open the show. The winner would then fight Seth Rollins inside Hell in a Cell. The loser would go on to fight Randy Orton in another Cell match.

Well, that is tremendous. I mean, 99% certain we get Cena vs Rollins and Ambrose vs Orton but that's a tremendous triple main event. 

Yeah, awesome way to build up those new awesome starts, feed them to fucking SuperCena so he can go over both in the same night.

Fucking Yeah, WWE Creative is fucking awesome!

• Like 2

Good lord, let's hope!  I have zero desire to see Cena vs. Orton in any context.

No Gregg, you don't get to tell us what to do. We're gonna complain. And we're gonna complain hard. And whatever happens at the next PPV, you have the right to compose a 1300 word post about how great it was. That's how this relationship works.

• Like 14

No Gregg, you don't get to tell us what to do. We're gonna complain. And we're gonna complain hard. And whatever happens at the next PPV, you have the right to compose a 1300 word post about how great it was. That's how this relationship works.

1300 words?

What about the second match and rest of the card? :)

• Like 9

Would anyone be shocked if Brock did have heart issues? We have wrestling history and probably twenty years of steroid use. I do not want to hear any naive shit about the phony wwe wellness program, ufc testing, or even ncaa testing. I have bosworth, sonnen, and multiple deaths in my favor.

So the only correct answer here is 'no Dre, you're right. I wouldn't be shocked because look at the arguments we have on our side, anything else would be shit.'

This is gonna be a great conversation, I guess? If it's not up for discussion, why post it on a discussion board? Just say it out loud to a mirror and call it a day.

Psst, angry guy. It's a forum for exchanging ideas and I was curious as to if anyone thought Brock wasn't a steroid case. That was my opinion, not multiple choice for others. Are you all red like Brock over this?

Don't talk shit about my heart condition, please. I had to make sacrifices to get my arms to look this good.

Also I don't appreciate you making angry jokes, considering my roid use. Roid rage isn't funny.

So either Cena gets to go over the fastest rising star in the company for no good reason other than "He's Cena," or Ambrose goes over and we have to sit through another Cena vs Orton match. Yikes. Maybe we'll get lucky and Cena vs Ambrose ends in a shmozz to set up Ambrose/Cena vs Orton/Rollins in the Cell, holla holla dig that playa.

I said it in the Night of Lesnar thread, but a Cena/Lesnar/Ambrose/Rollins four way in the cell would be fucking awesome. There's the Ambrose/Rollins issue, the Cena/Lesnar issue, and the Rollins/Lesnar curbstomp issue, all flying around in one cage. You could make it non-title and have any of the other three guys go over without ever having Brock do the favor (or, if for some dumb reason they want to take the belt off Brock before WM, they could do it here). Or make it a title match, and have Brock go over (my favorite option). You could play up Rollins' newfound Edge-like "Ultimate Opportunist" gimmick in the build up, and have him play up the fact that he's outsmarted everyone by getting a title match without even having to pay the dollars

EDIT: Finished typing this before reading your post, Greggulator. Putting Orton in for Brock wouldn't be an awful idea either. I thought that one multi-man HIAC match where Rikishi fell into the hay truck (?) was loads of fun. Obviously you couldn't get intense in today's environment, but it would still be a cool visual to have that much chaos in there. On the other hand, maybe that's infringing on the Elimination Chamber gimmick a little too much, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to do that.

Short question: Does anyone know of a match where someone submitted to a figure four when they put it on, but got turned over and had the pressure reversed?

Long question: My hypothesis could be incorrect, but it seems that since WWE style signals the finish of a match with finishers, it has become imperative for at least the top wrestlers to have multiple finishers (usually one impact and one submission at the least), and matches are now often centered around kicking out of finishers to bring unpredictability into the match.

Is this compensation for finishers being the primary signal that a match is going to end sufficient, or would WWE be improved by making it so that matches more often end on moves other than finishers?

Short question: Does anyone know of a match where someone submitted to a figure four when they put it on, but got turned over and had the pressure reversed?

I'm unsure if this is what you're asking, but there's a Carlos Colon-Hercules Ayala match from ca. 1988 where (IIRC) Colon puts Ayala in a figure-four, but Ayala turns over and Colon submits instead.

• Like 1