DVDVR Message Board

SEPT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Is there a reason given why Fandango is currently off TV (aside from "creative couldn't figure out a good way to end the Fandango/SummerLay storyline"?). Is he injured or due back soon?

I think creative is going to put him in a tag team with Adam Rose called 'Diminishing Returns'.

• Like 1

Is there a reason given why Fandango is currently off TV (aside from "creative couldn't figure out a good way to end the Fandango/SummerLay storyline"?). Is he injured or due back soon?

He's been working house shows so it looks like he's already down to Justin Gabriel or Tyson Kidd level

Dunno if Taker and Razor ever had a single match, but there was the infamous Taker/Warrior/Bossman vs. Razor/Kamala/Nailz house show series.

ETA: In looking up that match, I found a Taker/Ramon house show match in October '92.  (Taker won by countout.)

Only in pro rasstlin' could two sorta new at the time guys team up in Japan, and when they came back to the states, one ended up a  greasy Cuban and the other dea-- err a deadman. Still a bad word for wrestling.

I appreciate all this this Razor talk. He has always been my favorite wrestler.  :) His kid is a real hoss tho. I feel like Hall's size often got overlooked because he was always next to someone bigger, but fuck, his kid makes him look short. But good for them for making small town shows instead of jumping the gun to the WWE. That's really going to help him in the long real.

Man all this talk about Hall getting a run as a World Champion, it should have happened after he won the WW3 battle royal. Yes I know Hogan was Hogan and Hall had his issues. But I think somewhere in between Superbrawl and say Slamboree it could have worked.

So, is it only on Smackdown or something that Rusev gets the little custom name plate thing? I don't recall seeing it on RAW (lately?), but I could be wrong. Either way... I love that. I think Rusev is my guilty pleasure right now, actually.

It was actually suplexiglass

Thread won! You can close it now!

I notified The Internet and said we can shut the whole thing down, since it's complete now.

(I got back a confused reply from that rap group explaining they're not the actual internet.)

Rusev holding the US belt needs to happen soon. Not only would the matches with Sheamus be awesome but the promos by Lana would make that belt seem important for the first time in years. The guy that eventually got the belt from Rusev would be over like Rover.

• Like 3

Scott Hall was their backup guy, but it's pretty hard to call him a midcarder. The IC Title was a big deal back then, and the Tag Titles were the 2nd most important titles in WCW when The Outsiders held them. WCW offered him the Sting money for a reason.

Yeah. Vince even went out of his way to try a new way to turn a guy without doing the cliche of : tag partner turns, random run in, or obvious he wasn't gonna hit the other heel routes. And we all know how stubborn Vince is when it comes to his ides.

Rusev holding the US belt needs to happen soon. Not only would the matches with Sheamus be awesome but the promos by Lana would make that belt seem important for the first time in years. The guy that eventually got the belt from Rusev would be over like Rover.

It's weird, but I still think that might be Swagger. They've done quite a good job of protecting him just enough, in a way that differentiates him from Mark Henry; Rusev does not like that ankle lock. It's a pretty guaranteed way to get anyone out of the pit of apathy though, so Orton would actually be a great choice - losing to the Punt would protect Rusev too.

Question about Hell in a Cell. Spoiler tag just in case:

I've been out of the loop. Is it true that Lesnar is not booked for the event and they plan on going with Cena vs. Ambrose with Rollins involved later in the show, etc.?

I hope not.  The logical blowoff of Cena/Lesnar is HitC not making us wait months while they devalue the title by not defending it.