DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Does anything happen regularly at Fenway besides the Sawx?

There have been a few concerts there, the Winter Classic, soccer (just last month) and BC and Notre Dame are playing football there in 2015. 

A Fenway Park SummerSlam would be a boat load of fun.

Actually, it kind of looked like with all the sights they were showing, I thought they may run a two (or three?) arena show. 

Brooklyn and The Meadowlands (or The Rock)... and MSG?

If they're doing a stadium SummerSlam, I always thought Fenway Park would be a good wrestling venue. It'd be interesting to see how they'd work the Green Monster into things. 

But yeah, the IZOD Center is a weird choice. MSG would be a much better fit. 

they'd probably put a Titantron on the Green Monster and there'd be fans "watching" from above the Titantron

If they're doing a stadium SummerSlam, I always thought Fenway Park would be a good wrestling venue. It'd be interesting to see how they'd work the Green Monster into things. 

But yeah, the IZOD Center is a weird choice. MSG would be a much better fit. 

they'd probably put a Titantron on the Green Monster and there'd be fans "watching" from above the Titantron

Look at this for reference (spoiled for size)

1024px-Fenway_from_Legend%27s_Box.jpg

When WWE ran Safeco, they put the entrance set up in center field. If WWE ran Fenway, they could switch it up and put the entrance in left and build the entire stage set up around the Green Monster but that might complicate things in terms of access to the dressing room. Given that there's direct access to the dressing room via the door in center field, that seems the logical place to build the stage. The tron on the Monster doesn't seem like a terrible idea though, it'd be a fun gimmick and you could even utilize the door on the Monster by having Roman Reigns come out of it and go through the crowd sitting in front of it. 

God dammit, WWE at Fenway Park needs to happen. 

I think it's somewhere else, maybe where the Red Bulls (soccer) play in North Jersey. Holds 25,000 for soccer and has a retractable roof.

Yeah this guy on reddit who posts a lot of inside WWE stuff (not dolphins) said it would probably be Red Bull Arena. He said the rent at the Staples Center is too high to keep going there.

Kinda.

It started off as a dare for people in New Zealand. Take an ice bath or donate $100 to a cancer charity (dont know the specific one over there) 

Then people got wind of it in the states and did it specifically for Lou Gehrigs (sp?) disease, then "celebrities" did it as well. But some of them donated if they did do the ice bath. more power to em, I say.

My favourite ones so far have to be Vince's, Chris Pratt's and Bill Gates's. All equally hilarious.

The idea is when you get challenged, you have 24 hours to either A.) Donate 100 bucks or B.) Drop the ice water on yourself and only donate 25, while challenging three more people (so that, at a bare minimum, in theory the 100 bucks still gets donated.)

Pretty much all of my favourite lines were stupid and by Big Dave

"...Why would I want to put my finger on his throat?"

"NOTHING goes over my head... My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it."

"Do not ever call me a thesaurus"

• Like 1

Is Cena/Brock worth going back to watch if you know the result, have heard about it in detail, etc?

I have the Network, but I didn't watch.  Read a book while I watched NFL preseason game on Fox.  I don't care about Seth, Ambrose, and Reigns enough to go back and watch the show, so it's basically a one-match show if I decide to go back and watch

Edit: I thought I was in the SummerSlam thread when I posted this.

Yes, while it wasn't a great technical display, it was certainly a spectacle.

Also if you have the time Ambrose/Rollins might be the best lumberjack match I have ever seen. Though after reading the Summer Slam thread not everyone feels this way.

Is Cena/Brock worth going back to watch if you know the result, have heard about it in detail, etc?

I have the Network, but I didn't watch.  Read a book while I watched NFL preseason game on Fox.  I don't care about Seth, Ambrose, and Reigns enough to go back and watch the show, so it's basically a one-match show if I decide to go back and watch

100% yes. Like someone else said, it's Sting vs Vader turned up to 11 times 1000. Never in the history of wrestling that I've watched have I've seen the very top star in the company just get completely housed in that manner. To say it was a one-sided ass kicking is an understatement.

There have been a lot of rumors going around of Vince McMahon and Triple H "butting heads" creatively, including who to have Brock Lesnar face at WrestleMania 31. The rumor is that Vince wants The Rock vs. Lesnar while Triple H wants Roman Reigns vs. Lesnar.

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that there is certainly word going around WWE that Vince sometimes undercuts Triple H and makes him look bad but it could be a case of the "good cop/bad cop" dynamic. Meltzer noted that he doesn't sense any strong negative feelings between the two.