DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

@pyroballyhoo: Beggin' this Lana to come out with her hair down just once---so we can see what we have.

$2.99 for Raw Reviews!!!

Surprised he hasn't drawn the parallel between Rellik and Lana yet ... I'll just leave that there.

• Like 9

Ok, really, what the fuck does "Pyro and Ballyhoo" means???

Basically, a hot opening. Ballyhoo is a lighting technique. When you see lights go wild and shine throughout a venue, that's a ballyhoo.

Overture, curtains, lights,

This is it, the night of nights

No more rehearsing and nursing a part

We know every part by heart

Overture, curtains, lights

This is it, you'll hit the heights

And oh what heights we'll hit

On with the show this is it

Some guy was singing this outside the theatre when I went to see Pagliacci. I guess he gets all his high culture from Bugs Bunny cartoons. I ended up selling my ticket to some nut in a clown suit.

• Like 9

Overture, curtains, lights,

This is it, the night of nights

No more rehearsing and nursing a part

We know every part by heart

Overture, curtains, lights

This is it, you'll hit the heights

And oh what heights we'll hit

On with the show this is it

Some guy was singing this outside the theatre when I went to see Pagliacci. I guess he gets all his high culture from Bugs Bunny cartoons. I ended up selling my ticket to some nut in a clown suit.

"WE KNOW WHO THAT IS!!"

• Like 1

Every time I look at the title for this thread, for a brief second, I think it says "TNA is now TMZ Wrestling." Then it occurred to me that TMZ having it's own wrestling promotion is not that far off.

As with most things wrestling related, if there is a game, I want it developed by Volition.

Meltzer on WOR made it sound like TNA were in an impossible position even if they do get a TV deal.

UTA, the PR company, are getting 15% of whatever money they get. And if they do re-sign with Spike, they'll probably get lowballed. Spike were apparently telling them they were going to lowball them even before they made the decision to cut ties.

Basically, for this to work out, they'd have to get a much higher-paying deal from another channel, which probably isn't going to happen.

And we know they are already struggling financially under this current deal.  

Actually just got tickets for the Tuesday and Thursday tapings. I just want to be able to say I went to the last TV taping in TNA history, they really should make the last match a Turkey on a Poll one. The live reaction of the NYC fans is also intriguing.

I'm going to the Thursday one. Is it going to be the last taping for a while? If TNA were smart (we know they aren't) if they're still running house shows, just further angles and tape matches at them. Might give it an even grittier feel. Though turn the lights off cause no one wants to see a good match with say Joe vs. Aries with only 10 people in a 1000 seat building.

And just turn the lights off during Wolves matches because no one wants to see those matches period.

I'm tempted to bring a giant WORKRATE!!! sign for them.

• Like 2

Actually just got tickets for the Tuesday and Thursday tapings. I just want to be able to say I went to the last TV taping in TNA history, they really should make the last match a Turkey on a Poll one. The live reaction of the NYC fans is also intriguing.

I'm going to the Thursday one. Is it going to be the last taping for a while? If TNA were smart (we know they aren't) if they're still running house shows, just further angles and tape matches at them. Might give it an even grittier feel. Though turn the lights off cause no one wants to see a good match with say Joe vs. Aries with only 10 people in a 1000 seat building.

And just turn the lights off during Wolves matches because no one wants to see those matches period.

I'm tempted to bring a giant WORKRATE!!! sign for them.

That's awesome. I'd go with something like this dude has, except it would be Russo's face:

AmI-XWVCMAEW-ea-480x360.jpg

• Like 2

TNA ventured into 'Network' waters before and we all know that TNA loves copying the WWE. Is there any 'hope' that TNA decides to just say 'fuck it' and become a 100% streamed product. This would require TNA buying all 500 plus episodes of Impact off of Spike TV in order to include it with the 'TNA Vault' content that was used previously. I can see TNA doing something silly like 5.99 a month and still not even break even. I'm guessing TNA's Youtube deal prevents something like this?

I'm looking toward the future. If I was TNA, I would try and see if I could sit down with Myspace and work out a live streaming deal. Myspace restructed the company, mission statement, etc. years ago. Having Impact at Myspace.com every Thursday Night will promise at least 1 million unique Ips world wide between the hours of 9pm-11pm EST. Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu are always lookg for orginal programming...any of them even remotely interested in wrestling? It's best is TNA just says 'fuck TV', as its not going to work out for them, and take a risk in moving to a digital platform that is trying to re-establish itself (Myspace) and/or grow into new markets (Hulu, Amazon, etc.).

TNA ventured into 'Network' waters before and we all know that TNA loves copying the WWE. Is there any 'hope' that TNA decides to just say 'fuck it' and become a 100% streamed product. This would require TNA buying all 500 plus episodes of Impact off of Spike TV in order to include it with the 'TNA Vault' content that was used previously. I can see TNA doing something silly like 5.99 a month and still not even break even. I'm guessing TNA's Youtube deal prevents something like this?

I'm looking toward the future. If I was TNA, I would try and see if I could sit down with Myspace and work out a live streaming deal. Myspace restructed the company, mission statement, etc. years ago. Having Impact at Myspace.com every Thursday Night will promise at least 1 million unique Ips world wide between the hours of 9pm-11pm EST. Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu are always lookg for orginal programming...any of them even remotely interested in wrestling? It's best is TNA just says 'fuck TV', as its not going to work out for them, and take a risk in moving to a digital platform that is trying to re-establish itself (Myspace) and/or grow into new markets (Hulu, Amazon, etc.).

The problem with myspace is that they would offer a fraction of even Spike's lowball offer. Hulu might be an option, especially since WWE yanked NXT to move it to the Network. 

I agree that they should look at their streaming options, but a million IPs is really really stretching it.  I mean a lot of homes still don't have high speed, and a lot of viewers are old people that don't stream stuff. My dad watches Impact (no idea why), he is not going to learn how to stream on myspace nor sit at his computer and watch it for that matter.  I'd actually like it if Prime or Netflix would give them a look but I have no idea how that works behind the scenes.