DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

I will say: I don't get the whole "Well, he's a shit booker but seems like a nice guy" talking point people have thrown out there on occasion.

No; he's a pretty awful person. Aside from his bitterness and hatred towards women, the man has an almost pathological unwillingness to take responsibility for, well, anything. It will always be someone's else's fault. Oh, and he's a liar as shown by the email debacle.

I will say: I don't get the whole "Well, he's a shit booker but seems like a nice guy" talking point people have thrown out there on occasion.

No; he's a pretty awful person. Aside from his bitterness and hatred towards women, the man has an almost pathological unwillingness to take responsibility for, well, anything. It will always be someone's else's fault. Oh, and he's a liar as shown by the email debacle.

What should he "take responsibility" for in this situation, exactly? Besides being bad at e-mailing. Should he have turned out an easy paycheck to "critique" a show? Dixie Carter is the moron that hired him.

What should he "take responsibility" for in this situation, exactly? Besides being bad at e-mailing. Should he have turned out an easy paycheck to "critique" a show? Dixie Carter is the moron that hired him.

I don't expect Russo to take ALL the blame for TNA. Just like I don't expect him to take ALL the blame for WCW.

But the fact is, he was a significant factor in both company's demises.

Also: if you've watched TNA programming lately, it's pretty obvious he was booking. "Consultant"? Yeah, right.

To be fair, there are a LOT of Mikes in wrestling.  (And even more in IT.  The last company I worked for had three Mikes and a Micah, and all in single-org-chart-line distance from each other.)

America's lack of diverse boys' names in the 50s and 60s is the main reason for TNA's demise.

Apparently Rampage Jackson was non to pleased with his TNA experience. The pile on continues--

"There's a reason you haven't seen me on TNA in awhile. I went over there and saw how they were running things, I was like 'fuck this.' These guys don't have one clue what they're doing. I was disappointed because I really like pro wrestling. There were a lot of creative things they could have done with me. A lot of stuff could have been so much fun. I don't know what their thought process is over there or what they were thinking about. I left and said 'you know what, I ain't coming back.' I just kept it quiet though, I didn't say nothing bad in the press. I'm still not gonna say anything bad in the press -- except what I just said right now."

As for the rumors that TNA will soon be abandoned by Spike TV, the Memphis native simply shrugged his shoulders and told us he "wasn't surprised."

Hey guys, the dictionary says we all lost the battle over "literally."

This universe blows.

This universe literally blows.

Space is a vacuum...so the universe actually sucks.

(Insert a Yo Mama joke here.)

To help get us back on track here, I do have a sincere question.

I fully admit I don't know shit when it comes to business finances, but would it be feasible for Spike to pick up some indy wrestling, maybe not so much as financing them, but as a way of help advertise these much smaller promotions? 

Hey guys, the dictionary says we all lost the battle over "literally."

This universe blows.

This universe literally blows.
Space is a vacuum...so the universe actually sucks.

(Insert a Yo Mama joke here.)

To help get us back on track here, I do have a sincere question.

I fully admit I don't know shit when it comes to business finances, but would it be feasible for Spike to pick up some indy wrestling, maybe not so much as financing them, but as a way of help advertise these much smaller promotions?

Would you say you literally don't know shit when it comes to business?

• Like 1