DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

Pretty sure TNA owns all their footage including Ring Ka King.

------

Barring a Spike resolution, I have come up with 3 alternatives:

A.  Pare production costs down as far as possible without looking like ROH.  Tape in bars.  Put Impact on their YouTube channel.  Region block it for their international partners and try to build enough good word of mouth to land a decent domestic deal with a network that might be looking for a mid-season replacement.

B.  Sell Velvet Sky to a sheik.  Tape in UAE.  Biggest problem with this is Jeff Hardy can't leave the US.  And possibly some moral issues with selling Velvet Sky into prostitution.

C.  Hobos.

• Like 1

I will get a pool together to buy the Ring Ka King footage.

Central States used to run in the parking lot of car dealerships, surely Dixie can convince someone to pay to set up some chairs in their lot and blow up the big dancing man so she can run a "TV" taping to put on a website somewhere. Maybe just a .wmv download like Lawler's last Memphis promotion.

Meltzer makes it sound like TNA won't continue without a tv deal that pays more than their deal with Spike.  Which makes me wonder how long they could go on even if Spike agreed to a new deal.  Spike supposedly told TNA upfront that they were only wanting to re-sign TNA if TNA took a substantial cut in the rights fee.  Honestly, considering how little return the network got for the move to Mondays, the third hour, Hulk Hogan, paying the salaries of the WWE guys, etc., I think the network backed them as far as they could.  I have trouble imagining they can get a better deal from anyone else.

What would TNA's version of Sting-Flair be?  They need to do something fitting for their last show.  Problem is, a fitting "last match" for the promotion is probably an episode of ECW, or maybe a Christian-Jeff Hardy match from the WWE.

That's TNA in a nutshell.  So few new ideas and stars that their signature match was probably in someone else's promotion.

Meltzer makes it sound like TNA won't continue without a tv deal that pays more than their deal with Spike. Which makes me wonder how long they could go on even if Spike agreed to a new deal. Spike supposedly told TNA upfront that they were only wanting to re-sign TNA if TNA took a substantial cut in the rights fee. Honestly, considering how little return the network got for the move to Mondays, the third hour, Hulk Hogan, paying the salaries of the WWE guys, etc., I think the network backed them as far as they could. I have trouble imagining they can get a better deal from anyone else.

What would TNA's version of Sting-Flair be? They need to do something fitting for their last show. Problem is, a fitting "last match" for the promotion is probably an episode of ECW, or maybe a Christian-Jeff Hardy match from the WWE.

That's TNA in a nutshell. So few new ideas and stars that their signature match was probably in someone else's promotion.

It would have to be Styles/Daniels. Maybe add Joe to the mix.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who has a gut feeling Russo is going a little crazy and will soon kill himself? I hope he has a support system around him and close friends outside of the business. 

Don't know about suicide, but he's lost it for sure.

I'd feel bad for him, but honestly, he's such a dishonest, arrogant person, and has ruined so many livlihoods and careers with his behaviour, it's hard to be sympathetic. 

How do we know which "Vince" that 2nd email was addressed to?

Really?

Why are you quoting and responding to someone who doesn't exist?

For that matter, why did I respond? Full-on existential crisis right now.

IT is hard to believe that everyone in that Twitter chain is a professional writer.  Between the poor spelling and the grammar.  How hard is it to spell check Spaldings??  

Going by the errors that abound in news scripts, it's VERY easy to believe EVERYONE in that twitter chain is a professional writer.

Meltzer makes it sound like TNA won't continue without a tv deal that pays more than their deal with Spike. Which makes me wonder how long they could go on even if Spike agreed to a new deal. Spike supposedly told TNA upfront that they were only wanting to re-sign TNA if TNA took a substantial cut in the rights fee. Honestly, considering how little return the network got for the move to Mondays, the third hour, Hulk Hogan, paying the salaries of the WWE guys, etc., I think the network backed them as far as they could. I have trouble imagining they can get a better deal from anyone else.

What would TNA's version of Sting-Flair be? They need to do something fitting for their last show. Problem is, a fitting "last match" for the promotion is probably an episode of ECW, or maybe a Christian-Jeff Hardy match from the WWE.

That's TNA in a nutshell. So few new ideas and stars that their signature match was probably in someone else's promotion.

It would have to be Styles/Daniels. Maybe add Joe to the mix.
Styles/Daniels/Joe, Ultimate X maybe (since that is TNA's baby)?

Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle in an Ultimate X King of the Mountain Match.

And it has to end with a non finish.

Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle in an Ultimate X King of the Mountain Match.

And it has to end with a non finish.

.. at which point they flip a coin and award the title to an ex-WWE guy.