DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: JULY

Dolfan in NYC

Well in his Vince-like redefinition of history, he was a heroic crusader who single-handedly led baseball out of the steroid era so of course he wasn't going to mention that.

On another note, FOX has done the impossible: they got rid of Tim McCarver and actually downgraded the booth. Good grief is Harold Reynolds terrible. Who does he have pictures of to keep getting national jobs?

• Like 1

Oh no not that, I mean the instant "1994" came out of his mealy mouth he should've been smote by a divine bolt of lightning and the resulting fire put out by a man in a Montreal Expos jersey pissing on it/him.

I had no blood left to boil over his avoidance of the S-word

So wait a minute, are people giving Wainright shit for some comment he made that he deliberately gave up an easy pitch for Jeter to hit on that 1st inning double.  I mean chances are he was joking but who cares if he did.   

So wait a minute, are people giving Wainright shit for some comment he made that he deliberately gave up an easy pitch for Jeter to hit on that 1st inning double. I mean chances are he was joking but who cares if he did.

Hell, Denny McLain intentionally gave up a home run to Mickey Mantle in 1968 and nobody cared. And that was a regular season game.

Does Jeter get the undeserved MVP award, or will this YET AGAIN be an award Cabrera gets that Trout deserves?

For it to be YET AGAIN, there would have to be a first time. And there hasn't been.
  • Like 1

On the bright side, you know that anyone making the Cabrera > Trout argument this year is batshit insane, considering Cabrera isn't even the most valuable Tigers hitter.

Don't worry, they will give the MVP to someone besides Trout again. . .  :)

You know - I hate my fanbase A LOT but I can only imagine the rage that Tim Livingston fills with when associated with his.

Keep punching women in the face Giants fans. Real good...

I missed this when it happened but it's pretty ridiculous. I'm not a big fan of what has become of our fan base as a whole, but shit like this is inexcusable. That plus the guy who got killed after an argument last year just pisses me off to no end.

On the bright side, you know that anyone making the Cabrera > Trout argument this year is batshit insane, considering Cabrera isn't even the most valuable Tigers hitter.

Or second best, for that matter. Detroit's best hitter is a guy that got cut by Houston, for crying out loud. Thanks Houston! Got any more guys you wanna cut loose that will hit .350 with power?

As opposed to past years, when they were just idiquaintly anachronistic sorts who thought average and RBIs were two-thirds of the argument.

So, standard Astros business practice, got it. Also, Fox apparently mentioned Jeter 100 times and Tony Gwynn zero, so there's that.