DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: JULY

Dolfan in NYC

Uggla's done, the Giants will soon realize he has nothing left.  For his sake, I hope he does turn it around.  As a Braves fan, it would have been nice if the Giants had offered us something for him even if the Braves had to pay 90% of his salary.

Edit: MLB is saying it's a AAA deal & he can opt out if he's not called up by 8/1.  The speculation around Atlanta was he had too big of an ego to go to AAA and/or didn't want to remove any doubt whether he had anything left by risking a AAA stint.

I wonder if anyone knows that one but him. The battle of the Colbys is epic.

colby lewis can't win

I think I might be the only person on this board old enough to get that joke.

Okay me and JT

I got it and laughed.

EDIT: Now I'm wondering who Colby Lewis' Kubiak would be.

Chase Headley (AND CASH!) to the Yankees for Yangervis Solarte and Rafael De Paula. Remember when Headley was an MVP candidate?

I really don't know how to feel about this.

Knee jerk is Yay???

I mean they gave up virtually nothing and Headley can't suck forever... right? RIGHT???

Chase Headley (AND CASH!) to the Yankees for Yangervis Solarte and Rafael De Paula. Remember when Headley was an MVP candidate?

I really don't know how to feel about this.

Knee jerk is Yay???

I mean they gave up virtually nothing and Headley can't suck forever... right? RIGHT???

You realize I am going to remember this post for a long time, Phil.

And Darwin Barney has been DFA'd. There's a role for him on a contending team, primarily as a backup when you need his defense.

I am now taunting Rippa that the Yankees will sign him and team him with Brendan Ryan as the all no-hit DP combo.

The Padres called up Frenchy

Clearly they already hate their new GM

God, he is going to pitch for the Pads and I will be far too happy.

Welcome, San Diego, to baseball hell, once only occupied by the Marlins and Royals.

Joakim Soria to Detroit for Knebel and Jake Thompson. Probably the best outcome for the Tigers, even though they gave up some solid value.

It's clearly a sellers market for relievers. Padres are idiots if they hang on to Benoit too. Phillies might actually get a good return for Bastardo, who still has another year of control and is cheap at $2M this year.

The Phillies apparently have officially benched Ryan Howard.

And the speculation that he will be released grows.

So yeah... that contract worked out well

I enjoyed Gabe Kapler's napkin written manifesto that basically implies that Soria is better than Mariano

Hey.  Who has more saves this season?  

Yeah, that's what I thought.

The Phillies apparently have officially benched Ryan Howard.

And the speculation that he will be released grows.

So yeah... that contract worked out well

I heard on NPR of all places this morning that Howard's being shopped to different teams.  The $60M+ remaining on his contract though makes him untradeable. I mean, if they're seriously thinking to release him, they might as well eat the majority of the contract and see if someone will give up a couple of B level talents. Don't the Yanke... oh right, no strikes.