DVDVR Message Board

All things Batman and the big screen.

The Natural

Interesting Affleck quote from 2006:

"By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero," Affleck told the press at the London premiere of Hollywoodland. "Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon."

In Affleck's defense, since he made those comments in 2006, 8 years is pretty far away from soon.  Also he didn't say he would NEVER do it again.  

I think that was just a tough time for Affleck before he had really rebuilt his identity as an actor and built his identity as a director.  But he had a stretch there where he was just doing bomb after bomb.  Daredevil did moderately OK, but I'm sure all the criticism got to him.  Plus that was the period he was with J-Lo and all that hysteria couldn't have been good for him mentally either.  

DD opened relatively huge (something like the then highest opening weekend in February ever, or maybe second highest...  something like that) but it faded fast.  And Fox reportedly spent an absurd amount on advertising that didn't help.

But then Gigli (which I haven't seen but heard sucks) was a colossal bomb, and Jersey Girl (which I have seen, and certainly isn't great, but isn't bad either*) was a minor bomb.

*Christ I can't believe the absurdly long cut Smith screened at his movie festival years ago still isn't on dvd or blu-ray...

I don't think this site is a credible source. They were saying Green Lantern 2 was still in the cards a few months ago and I'm pretty sure they reported on a bunch of things for Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Rises that ended up as bullshit.

A 13 appearance deal sounds impossible and unrealistic unless they're paying him eight hundred billion dollars. 

A 13 appearance deal sounds impossible and unrealistic unless they're paying him eight hundred billion dollars. 

He can finally get that solid gold house he always wanted!

Henceforth, eight hundred billion dollars will be known as 'Ben Affleck money'.

• Like 3

But then Gigli (which I haven't seen but heard sucks) was a colossal bomb, and Jersey Girl (which I have seen, and certainly isn't great, but isn't bad either*) was a minor bomb.

*Christ I can't believe the absurdly long cut Smith screened at his movie festival years ago still isn't on dvd or blu-ray...

Never has the demand for an extended cut of Jersey Girl been at a greater high than now.  A nation waits.

Posted Image

The "bat community?"  That is fucking awesome.

Also, they were idiots.  Who the fuck did not fall in love with the Burton Batmoblie at first sight?  You knew that movie was going to kick ass the moment you saw that car.

Posted Image

The commercial for Joker-brand products with SMILEX~! was the cherry on top.

I don't think this site is a credible source.

They're not, and it's weird to see Rolling Stone and everyone else pick up the Cranston story from them.  Egg on lots of faces if it turns out to be B.S.

http://www.flicksandbits.com/2013/08/29/zack-snyders-batman-vs-supermanman-of-steel-sequel-confirmed-to-shoot-in-michagan/55658/

The Michigan Film Office has just officially announced that the upcoming Superman/Batman movie will shoot in Michigan. The film, from director Zack Snyder, brings together the two most iconic Super Heroes of all time – Superman and Batman – for the first time on the big screen. Production on the new film is expected to begin in metro Detroit and throughout Michigan sometime in the first quarter of 2014. Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who is writing the screenplay. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing the film, which will star Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

“This project will further strengthen the reputation of Michigan and metro Detroit as a premier film destination,” said Margaret O’Riley, director of the Michigan Film Office. “We look forward to the spotlight shining on our incredibly talented workforce and the businesses that support our film industry here in Michigan.” 

“Detroit is a great example of a quintessential American city, and I know it will make the perfect backdrop for our movie,” stated filmmaker Zack Snyder. “Detroit and the entire state of Michigan have been fantastic collaborators, and we are looking forward to working together on this film.” 

Yeah I hope my city can become more like Detroit. In fact, I think all American cities should model themselves after the Motor City.

But seriously, anything to help their economy is a good thing.

• Like 2