DVDVR Message Board

All things Batman and the big screen.

The Natural

Rumor was he was going to be in another Jack Ryan movie coming up, so since I'm actually a bigger fan of those than the Batman movies, in a way if this means they give that role to someone else instead of him I'd actually be happy about him being Batman!  :)

Actually Chris Pine has been slated for the Jack Ryan movie for quite a while now. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205537/

I think that cartoon is supposed to poke fun at the whimisical nature of internet movie snobbery and geek fandom, my friend.

To use the Daredevil analogy again, it's like when people were like, "Hey, The Green Mile is such a powerful movie.  Why didn't Michael Clarke Duncan win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor?" and then they were all, "That asshole from The Scorpion King is going to be Wilson Fisk in the Daredevil movie? THE KINGPIN ISN'T EVEN BLACK~!"

I think their anaolgy is rather apt.

Yeah, I think that's a bad analogy because I never read any reactions like that about Kingpin.  Plus, Duncan's performance as Kingpin was terrible.  I think Duncan was a good performer but to me he hardly was a good Wilson Fisk.  To his credit, one of his better scenes was cut out of the movie and the whole movie itself was basically gutted.

I know it's funny to laugh at how irrational fans are at casting decisions that turn out to be winners.  I mean look at Daniel Craig as James Bond, now granted most of that hate came from soccer moms obsessed with Pierce Brosnan and too much time on their hands.  At the same time, some of these casting decisions don't always turn out great either.  Case in point, Van Wilder as Green Lantern.  Was a total mis-casting.  

And I mean, look at Halle Berry.  She's an Academy Award-winner and she is one of the worst performers in the entire X-Men franchise.  Even without Singer she seemed to get more annoying.  

Hold the god damn. I'm just now hearing that Kevin "SHITTY" Smith is writing this movie? He made Batman piss his pants. Boll shit. Red State sucked a big old globby clayface dick by the way. Widening Gyre osculated pilose en-ordured fundament.

Posted Image

Just so you know. . .you have Brian Fowler on your side.  I had no use for him with all the fans I have now, but he's a good man and he'll do right by you.

A thousand likes.

I think what poor Brian doesn't understand is how much people simply dislike Affleck in general, his actual acting skill be damned, and thus do not want to him to play an iconic character they love. 

Also, X-Pac heat.

OK, I wasn't on the board the entire last week, so I missed the whole Ben Affleck discussion.

All I want to say is: Who cares who plays Batman?

We're talking about "Man of Steel Part 2: Electric Boogaloo ft. Batman". It'll be terrible regardless of who plays Batman.

• Like 2

Yeah, Snyder's direction and the writing for this thing is a bigger issue to me than Ben Affleck's Batman.  There's going to be a lot to handle in this movie.  Basically, there are going to be many opportunities to fuck things up.  I hope it's not 3 hours.

• Like 1

Interesting Affleck quote from 2006:

"By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero," Affleck told the press at the London premiere of Hollywoodland. "Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon."

• Like 1

Yeah, Snyder's direction and the writing for this thing is a bigger issue to me than Ben Affleck's Batman.  There's going to be a lot to handle in this movie.  Basically, there are going to be many opportunities to fuck things up.  I hope it's not 3 hours.

We'll make sure everything fits into one universe by using ONE director and ONE screenwriter besides the director. That's a nice way to quadruple your workload though.

Interesting Affleck quote from 2006:

"By playing a superhero in Daredevil, I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero," Affleck told the press at the London premiere of Hollywoodland. "Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon."

Well, that costume was legit terrible, so I can see the humiliation part.  I was going to say he went a decade+ between wearing costumes, but then I remembered he does wear the Superman suit a bit in Hollywoodland, so he only kind of did.

It's not like it something important, like a Marvel character.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how crazy Twitter will get when they cast blue guy or other blue guy in the Marvel universe.

Posted Image