DVDVR Message Board

All things Batman and the big screen.

The Natural

My dream GOTHAM is set 7 years past BATMAN '66.  Batman & Robin have just been killed (by the Mob) and it's up to Jim Gordon & the GPD to bring his killers to justice.  You get to keep all the Villains and you don't have to worry about people clamoring for Batman to appear.

I know it'd get cancelled during its first season, but it would be AMAZING.

Batman and Robin killed by the mob? In the 66 series? Yeah, right. They either died surfing or choked by their capes.

Early on I was definitely anti-Arrow.  For some reason, I stuck with it and realized that while the characters are mediocre and the dialogue is awful, it has fun fight sequences and the plotting is actually pretty good. 

It's like somebody had really good big picture ideas, but then delegated the details to hacks.  Except the fight scenes.  Anyway, it turns out to be a decent mix once you learn to filter past the stupid words that come out of these people's mouths.

Unfortunately I had a hard time getting past the soap opera dialogue and goofy characters in the first season.  The show's version of Deadshot was pretty cool though.

The show's version of Deadshot is one of the few things I actually hate about about the show.

Considering Luthor is likely to be in the film it could actually be his assistant/bodyguard Mercy Graves.

I like how dirt sites hear a rumor about a casting call for strong women and they automatically think Wonder Woman when there's virtually no substance to support it at all.  "Strong female character" fits the bill for like a million different comic characters.

My dream GOTHAM is set 7 years past BATMAN '66.  Batman & Robin have just been killed (by the Mob) and it's up to Jim Gordon & the GPD to bring his killers to justice.  You get to keep all the Villains and you don't have to worry about people clamoring for Batman to appear.

I know it'd get cancelled during its first season, but it would be AMAZING.

Batman and Robin killed by the mob? In the 66 series? Yeah, right. They either died surfing or choked by their capes.

It's based on every movie from 1970-75-ish being a complete fucking downer.  I blame "film school"

For the TV show, they could always go the back story route on villains. Like show Riddler as Ed Nygma for a few episodes then gradually turn him.

Whatever they do won't matter. If it makes it a full season people are gonna start demanding Batman and the longer it takes to get that done, the more viewers it'll lose.

Did they even need to bother screen testing Murphy? As soon as he walked out in the suit, they should've said, "Yeah, you can go ahead and take that off."

"Hi, I'm Cillian-" THANK YOU YOU'LL HEAR FROM US
Congratulations Cillian Murphy, you're our new Batman!*Cillian gets excited*That's what I'd be saying to you if you weren't that half inch too short. NEXT!
  • Like 4

Did they even need to bother screen testing Murphy? As soon as he walked out in the suit, they should've said, "Yeah, you can go ahead and take that off."

"Hi, I'm Cillian-" THANK YOU YOU'LL HEAR FROM US
Congratulations Cillian Murphy, you're our new Batman!*Cillian gets excited*That's what I'd ye saying to you if you weren't that half inch too short. NEXT!

Liking the reference!

• 2 weeks later...

Previous reports on the upcoming Superman vs. Batman film have placed its production start as being early 2014 with the majority of shooting set to take place in Michigan, but apparently Zack Snyder is getting a headstart on filming this weekend. According to East Los Angeles College Campus News (via Latino Review) the production will be filming a few takes during halftime of their home football game this Saturday. It is reported that as ELAC goes into the locker room during their game, their stadium will turn into the Gotham City University home stadium for a game against their rival Metropolis State University. The site reports that "the first 2,000 people who sit in the filming area of the stadium will receive T-shirts designed by Snyder for those participating in the filming." Filming will be quick though, as production will be shooting just three takes of three plays and "capturing the actors and crowd’s reactions."

As my friend brought it up to me last night, it's time to ask again...does anyone else remember, on the heels of the 1989 movie, a tabloid (forget which) reported a so-called leaked storyline for the sequel that would become Batman Returns?  Except instead of just Penguin and Catwoman, it would feature ALL of the Big Four?  Yes, even Joker, who'd come back because "he couldn't be killed as long as he had his lucky deck of cards."  And he was back for revenge on Batman/Bruce, who had married Vicki Vale, who in turn is expecting (a.k.a., according to the article, "the wife that should have been mine," so says the Joker). 

I recall the article being right about Danny DeVito, and also continuing the "Robin Williams as Riddler" rumor.  They also suggested Robin, played by Michael Jackson (!), could appear. 

The climax came when Batman tricked the villains into boarding a rocket, and he shot them into space (but failed to send them cheesy movies...)  And at the end, the baby is born, and "enjoys playing with his daddy's rubber ears." 

Was I imagining/hallucinating this article?  Or does anyone else remember it?  I couldn't find ANYTHING online regarding it.  (kind of like the "Madeline really being a story about a brothel" rumor I heard one time in high school) 

Previous reports on the upcoming Superman vs. Batman film have placed its production start as being early 2014 with the majority of shooting set to take place in Michigan, but apparently Zack Snyder is getting a headstart on filming this weekend. According to East Los Angeles College Campus News (via Latino Review) the production will be filming a few takes during halftime of their home football game this Saturday.

It is reported that as ELAC goes into the locker room during their game, their stadium will turn into the Gotham City University home stadium for a game against their rival Metropolis State University. The site reports that "the first 2,000 people who sit in the filming area of the stadium will receive T-shirts designed by Snyder for those participating in the filming." Filming will be quick though, as production will be shooting just three takes of three plays and "capturing the actors and crowd’s reactions."

Posted Image

Gotham City University's Latino student body has really....increased.