DVDVR Message Board

Fuck marriage and all the confusing fucking bullshit that comes along with it. I had a really heartfelt talk with my wife the other night about us and I basically copped to knowing where we were headed. We then had an extremely tearful conversation about good moments from our past and how that wouldn't be the same if we got a divorce. So how, or why, can two people who love each other very much head towards a divorce and still want to love each other post-divorce? She even wants me to keep the house because it's a home we bought for Maya and agreed that it's still her house too and she would be welcome anytime. We have a garden here, along with hundreds of flowers and shrubs and stuff she's planted for the landscaping that I setup, so that's all still her's to enjoy. So how in the fuck could any of this be happening? Why even get married in the first place? We both agreed things would likely be different if we didn't get married. This is all like a mental disease.

Fuck marriage and all the confusing fucking bullshit that comes along with it. I had a really heartfelt talk with my wife the other night about us and I basically copped to knowing where we were headed. We then had an extremely tearful conversation about good moments from our past and how that wouldn't be the same if we got a divorce. So how, or why, can two people who love each other very much head towards a divorce and still want to love each other post-divorce? She even wants me to keep the house because it's a home we bought for Maya and agreed that it's still her house too and she would be welcome anytime. We have a garden here, along with hundreds of flowers and shrubs and stuff she's planted for the landscaping that I setup, so that's all still her's to enjoy. So how in the fuck could any of this be happening? Why even get married in the first place? We both agreed things would likely be different if we didn't get married. This is all like a mental disease.

I'm sorry to hear that Craig.  It's at least a good sign for the future relationship of both of you with your daughter that you're able to talk like that though regardless of the outcome of your situation.  My parents divorced when I was just a little guy but my childhood was great because they both got along with each other and my dad and stepdad got along with each other.  Me, my dad, and stepdad still play golf together once in a while.  Keep your head up dude.  I know this is a message board on the internet but you seem like a genuinely good guy who obviously cares a lot about his family and I hope things work out for the best.   

That's encouraging to know. I'm still hoping something changes for her, but she's so freaking stubborn that I don't see that happening. I then try and look at things from the angle of learning from this adventure, looking forward to the next adventure, and taking everything I've learned about this marriage to apply it to future relationships. And, I'm confident enough that I'll find someone else, and maybe they'll even be a Notre Dame or Cubs fan, but they won't be my wife, which sucks. In my brain, I know that feeling won't last forever and I doubt very many put their ex on a pedestal like that, but my heart says I won't be able to let go.

I guess I'm also afraid of falling in love again and winding up right back at this point. Again, something I'm sure that I can't worry about. I feel like Jack in Fight Club when his apartment blows up. I nearly had it all and things were starting to get put together in a logical way. All that's missing is someone to say flatly say "Fuck man, now it's all gone."

Yeah, I have to admit that I see Christmas music as a subtle brainwashing attempt by retail chains to get someone to feel festive before they ready to.  Christmas spirit isn't something you flip on and off like a light switch.

So is this your way of admitting that Project Monarch is real and the gov has sold the tech to retailers? 

Craig: just because you get divorced, doesn't mean you don't still love each other. Loving someone and living with them are two very different things. Even with my ex-wife going through some wicked menopause and taking MMA classes and bursting into my apartment like some goddamn thug looking to throw down, and lying to people about the hows and whys we got divorced, and talking shit about me to my kids, and rubbing it in my face that she's turned into the town pump (how that's exactly supposed to make me feel bad, I'm still not sure), and every other dirty trick she's pulled...she still is the mother of my two girls, and she was there for a (mostly) good decade.  I will still love her, even though I don't know who the fuck this thing is that used to be my wife.

I wish you all the best that this split (if it happens), can be as amicable and peaceful as possible.  The cynic in me...well, fuck that guy: I just wish you well, regardless.

Thanks Marty, that was really nice. Oddly enough, I heard Steve Austin's wife Kristin say something on his podcast that was sort of calming: People are in your life for a reason, season or lifetime.

FUCK YOU Super Ape for accidentally putting a sealed package in the garbage can and taking it to the curb.

FUCK YOU whoever saw the package and took it from the can before my wife could get out to the garbage and bring it in.

But especially FUCK YOU to the letter carrier who thought it was a good idea to hide the package UNDER A GARBAGE CAN and leave a note that went unnoticed before my wife looked down at the foyer. What kind of thoughts go in your head to do that? Fuck, I wouldn't even mind going to the distribution center to pick it up, but this is just careless AND lazy.

Oh, and FUCK YOU USPS phone lines for dropping my call THREE TIMES when I go to file the complaint. The worst part is, I don't even know who the package is from, so I can't even tell them what happened. FUCK.

There is a story on my local news right now about something nearly identical happening to someone in the Flint area who ordered an Android tablet, had the UPS driver leave it in her trash can (WTF?) and leave a note saying it was there.  Only, it ended up being the day that the trash was collected, so...  yeah.

Turns out the package was from my brother-in-law and was a ton of Christmas gifts for my daughter. Hope he has insurance.

Also; FUCK YOU whoever got a hold of either my or my wife's debit card numbers and spent $200 of our money in a Walmart in Nashville, TN. I hope we get our money back, and I hope you get kicked in the balls/vagina. Thanks for making it almost impossible to buy gifts now, asshole.

Oh and a fuck you to my colleagues at work.

One wants to raise a complaint as she thought she was addressed as 'sweetheart' by another one in the team. Wants my backing. Theres no way I'm touching this one at all. Stay the fuck out of it Mikey.

Fuck you to myself for losing my apartment keys

And because we have electronic access - it cost me $100 fucking bucks to replace them.

So much for buying Christmas presents

Yeah, I have to admit that I see Christmas music as a subtle brainwashing attempt by retail chains to get someone to feel festive before they ready to.  Christmas spirit isn't something you flip on and off like a light switch.

So is this your way of admitting that Project Monarch is real and the gov has sold the tech to retailers? 

SHHHHH~!  THAT'S CLASSIFED~!!!!

Holy Shit!  Sorry, Phil....

Fuck You to Steve Spurrier.

I actually like The Ole Ball Coach quite a bit. But you know how every few months he's somewhere on the Internet shirtless? I'm writing an article about the history of Steve Spurrier shirtless photos. The first one I could find is about his workout routine. I decided to try it out for the sake of journalism, especially since it doesn't look too hard, save for the reps.

500 Sit-Ups on an exercise ball. (I managed 300.)

500 Push-Ups on an exercise ball. (I managed 350.)

50 Overhead Presses and 50 Curls with 15 pound dumbbells. (I did the curls. 35 presses.)

100 shoulder raises and 100 tricep overhead extensions with 30 pound dumbbells. (I did 50 of each and at 25 pounds.)

Then a 20-minute walkrun at a 13-minute mile pace followed by a 10 minute bike ride. (My knees are screwed up and I can't pedal a bike w/o potentially ripping around some ligaments. So I turned this into a 30 minute walk/run. I did 25 minutes.)

Then it ends with 50 leg lifts on a back, 50 bicycle kicks and a one minute plank. I was done after 10 leg lifts.

But what really screwed me up -- I stopped doing the dumbbell stuff because my left arm was feeling really weird. I tried to power through it but my shoulder and elbow felt really strained and not in a workout way.

I did the workout on Thursday. My arm was KILLING me all weekend and I felt some weird tweaks in my shoulder, too. I couldn't lift my arm over my head and it was near impossible to put on a shirt. I went to the doctor today -- I have really awful tennis elbow from this and the stress on those tendons is screwing up the rest of my musculature on my arm. I have to wear an elbow pad for at least the next week -- not the worst thing.

He also told me to cool it with that workout. I have no problem at all with that!

FUCK YOU to my apartment.

Contractor goes upstairs to put a new oven in. We live downstairs. My wife, who has the day off, notices a leak in our kitchen ceiling. Lets the guy know, turns out he has to rip up both the upstairs floor and our kitchen ceiling. The kicker is? The electric box for the kitchen light is right near the leak. So we have no light in the kitchen, possibly no means of cooking, and a kitchen floor covered in plaster and concrete. Nothing of value lost, but definitely an annoying setback, especially so close to Christmas.

Fuck the past month or so, for real.

Fuck. Just found out my dad had a minor stroke last night. According to my stepmother he's OK and will be out of the hospital in a day or two after observation, but they have to cancel their trip out here for Xmas. Looking at flights back home, and at this time of year it'll cost me an arm and a leg, and I'd have to leave my wife here for Xmas. Not sure what to do.

Fuck you to the Mayor & deputy mayor of my city.  Apparently they can't take a little complaining about how terrible Champaign is about clearing the roads after a snow fall, so they've started to stonewall my newsroom on stories in retaliation.  Unbelievable!

Zimbra, you sonofabitch, Last Christmas fucking rules!!!

There's five Christmas songs I need to hear each year, and that's it, everything else can fuck off.

1. Jingle Hells Bells

2. White Christmas - Bing Crosby version only

3. Blue Christmas - Porky Pig version only

4. Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC

5. Christmas Don't Be Late - Alvin and the Chipmunks. Loved that damn song when I was a kid, and my nephew loves it now.

Throw in "Patrick Swayze Christmas," and I can totally get behind this.

FUCK YOU to family members complaining about Christmas gifts. My mother has decided she's not telling anyone what she wants for Christmas, becasue we didn't ask her SOON ENOUGH what she wanted. So the head of the family is acting like my five year old nephew. Wonderful.

Next year I am proposing a new rule, gifts for the kids only. At least they are semi-cute when they complain about their gifts. Grown adults acting like spoiled children about their gifts is some bullshit, and I am sick of dealing with it.