DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

The match was great, and the promo after somehow managed to be just as great. The way they keep hyping this as being "prepared for war" keeps giving me goosebumps. It's such a perfect fit, as you can open with Ambrose, and basically get hot tags from Reigns, Bryan, and Rollins in a row.

Are we assuming if they do a War Games, instead of 2 rings, it will be held inside a Hell in a Cell?

Has Eric Harper put his knuckle head squeeze onto anyone other than Ambrose?

What other dudes have specific moves put on only them based on their awesome facial expressions?

More than anything he's done in-ring, that post match promo showed Reigns' star stuff. Just magnificent. 

That was probably the closest anyone has come to The Rock territory since The Rock.  I think he spoke for thirty seconds and had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.  I've always liked Roman but man, he just had IT at that moment.  You get the feeling that so much of what he does is what people in the back tell him to do, and that promo felt like he was doing what he wanted to do.

Probably my least favorite of the trilogy but that's like picking a least favorite Flair-Steamboat match.  Ambrose was face-in-peril a little too long though I loved his Hulking up by bouncing off the middle rope comeback.  I could watch these six wrestle every week.  It's the rare match that just seems to keep both teams strong no matter who wins or loses.

I think it's pretty impossible for the Shield and Wyatts to have bad matches against each other. 

This one didn't have that once in a lifetime epic clash feel of the first match or the neat story woven into the second one, but as a formula face vs. heel 6-man where The Shield obviously had to win, it was as good as it could get. Ambrose is the best face in peril in a long, long time, and Rollins' hot tag runs are up there with Bryan. As usual, both teams put in all the great little touches. Rollins holding Rowan's beard while punching him, the struggle over the koji clutch, Ambrose biting Rowan to get out of the vise, Harper's extra stiff boot to break up a pin, the desperation strike exchanges between Ambrose and Harper all stood out. The big spots were nice as expected with Harper's face-planting of Ambrose, Reigns' bump off Harper's dive, Rollins obliterating Rowan with the somersault plancha, Rollins dodging bullets on the apron, and the quick-strike finish sequence to Rowan all looking great. If the other two matches hadn't happened, everyone would be talking up this one even more.

The promo was good stuff too. Roman's delivery has been pretty hit or miss the last couple of months, but that was an explosive burst of charisma here with perfect execution. Ambrose selling the match was a nice touch, and Rollins is really coming into his own as a reliable long promo. Nothing flashy, but he hits all the key points smoothly and knows when to up the intensity and when to mellow out. These guys are going to fit right in the main event scene.

I think it's pretty impossible for the Shield and Wyatts to have bad matches against each other. 

I am hoping we never come to that point in the current WWE programming.  All 6 of these guys put on great 6-man matches day in and day out.

Don't know if it's worth noting that Main Event wasn't on Ion this week...don't know if it's gone from the channel for good or if that was one-time thing.  They've been primarily pushing ME on the Network on Tuesday night as of late, anyway.

The other matches showed that Ziggler's mini-push is done, and I also suspect WWE are phasing out the Sin Cara gimmick. They'll just try again with Samuray del Sol/Kalisto in a year I reckon.

I fear Hunico may be toast as a performer.  The guy just can't seem to round back into form since coming back from injury.  He seems bloated and slow compared to what he was.  Which is a shame since he was like Superstars MVP for a short time and a much better performer than Sin Cara Uno.  Now he's lost that snap to his stuff and he just comes off as there

Ziggler needs to get into the WWE office with a plan to get himself a direction like right now.  One that doesn't have a thing to do with winning titles or working 30 minute matches.  Otherwise he's going to be working for Jeff Jarrett in a few years.

The other matches showed that Ziggler's mini-push is done, and I also suspect WWE are phasing out the Sin Cara gimmick. They'll just try again with Samuray del Sol/Kalisto in a year I reckon.

I fear Hunico may be toast as a performer.  The guy just can't seem to round back into form since coming back from injury.  He seems bloated and slow compared to what he was.  Which is a shame since he was like Superstars MVP for a short time and a much better performer than Sin Cara Uno.  Now he's lost that snap to his stuff and he just comes off as there

He was always better as Hunico though - I'll make a judgement when he takes the mask off.

I thought Hunico's stuff from NXT right before he became Sin Cara was pretty good.  I mean he and Camacho dragged good stuff out of The Ascension.

Actually now that I think about it, I'm more worried for Camacho's future.

So I watched the match last night and turned it off right afterwards not knowing there was a Shield promo. Now I went back to try to watch it today, and the ep looks like it's been pulled from the Network. What gives?

So I watched the match last night and turned it off right afterwards not knowing there was a Shield promo. Now I went back to try to watch it today, and the ep looks like it's been pulled from the Network. What gives?

The Shield's feelings were hurt that you didn't stick around to watch the promo.

I thought Hunico's stuff from NXT right before he became Sin Cara was pretty good.  I mean he and Camacho dragged good stuff out of The Ascension.

Actually now that I think about it, I'm more worried for Camacho's future.

Nah, Camacho is fine. He's going to join the new Straight Edge Society because Punk gets him clean enough to realize he's not Latino.

Not having the WWE Network I can't speak to this but it is up on Hulu.

Not trying to be didactic but a lot of people talk about how "The Shield will be great as main-eventers." They ARE main eventers. Them and Bryan have essentially anchored TV for the last year and a half. I would imagine if you looked at the time Cena/Orton have gotten on TV and PPV and the time The Shield has gotten, that The Shield is way ahead.

The future is now.