DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WATCH AMBROSE VERSUS ADR NOW!

This is an absolutely fantastic match. It's so, so, so good.

That was an awesome match, yes.

And I just got through watching WWE Main Event, the match between Del Rio and Swagger was solid with an exciting finish. 

I thought it was weird too but I liked the consistency of it with regards to who Zeb and Swagger actually are. They're not really babyfaces they just happen to be feuding with heels because they trash America. It was an interesting wrinkle that I'm surprised they went with.

So with all the Network space they have available, they couldn't slap together a 0:30 clip of Big E and Kofi telling Xavier "thanks but no thanks" and Xavier responding "if you change your minds, you know where to find me"?

Nikki fucking punched Emma's face in before hitting The Rack. Damn.

Horns wiggle had udders. Don't know why. But I love when people hate each other so much, that only they can beat up each other. Hornswoggle defended Torito against Slater. That's honor right there.

Loved Big Show vs Rowan. Really fun big man match with probably Rowan's best showing yet, which granted isn't saying lots but he looked good here. Opener was really good fun too, and I fully support the tease of more Sheamus/Cesaro matches.

• 2 weeks later...

MizTV sucked, but had some funny moments thanks to Sandow. Sandow-Dolph was nothing, while the divas tag was just dreadful outside of Rosa's ass being revealed. Hogan took better bumps in 2011 than Rosa did for the finish. Dust Bros-Matadores was a fun match highlighted by "Hard camera, hard camera." This was a nothing show, sadly.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/wwe-main-event-9-2-14.html

Screens -

028fbc348914880.jpg

20f6bb348917553.jpg

8000f7348917557.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/cpgbobknk80rh9wmlbwdeid4pdgc740k

Seth's promo dragged, but wasn't bad. I liked the new KENTA graphic showing off some NOAH photos. Swagger-Seth was okay. Ryder-Cesaro was a lot of fun, and it led to Cesaro getting another tapout win with the modified cloverleaf. The bunny-Heath stuff was amusing thanks to Heath and Titus. Rose's busty rosebud was just fine on the eyes. Rose won a nothing match, but at least did so with the best O'Connor roll in years. The Ascension got a call-up here facing Los Matadores. These goobers get a full intro with a hype video while THE GUYS IN THE NXT TAKEOVER MAIN EVENT didn't even get a graphic. They won a short, but still too-long match. They're doomed.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/wwe-main-event-9-9-14.html

Screens -

ce86da350336652.jpg

3cc057350336654.jpg

f538f4350336658.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/jcoj9wg9r1aeir5gi1o0jr5uiqzbisc1

They used full-fledged Total Elimination when it was Konnor and Kenneth Cameron(Bram).  Rick Viktor was already doing the flying European uppercut so there you go.

Cesaro had some great lines in his promo, from his nod to Bret Hart("Who are you to doubt Zack Ryder?) to mentioning the "King Of Wrestling" monicker.  Somewhere Chris Hero sheds a single tear.

• Like 1

I wish they weren't wasting the momentum of Swagger's AMERICA PUSH to losing to dudes, but it was a fun match.

Byron Saxton's straight faced "He should probably bring some seeds, maybe some strawberries" re: Titus and Slater hunting Adam Rose's bunny may have been the best part of the show. 

The Bella brother cut a better promo with two sentences in that Springer video package than in the twins' entire career. So glad I didn't try to watch that on Raw.

I still really like Los Matadores. Can't help it. Guys that do other jobs that want to use wrestling to get ahead in that job are the best dumb gimmicks. 

Viktor looks smaller than Daniel Bryan on the big stage. Just noticed how thin his hair is, too.

Konnor might need a new partner. He looks like he could actually be the chosen ass kicker of whatever Nu Metal Egyptian Death Gods needed a representative on Earth.

Viktor just looks like that guy you knew in college that loved The Crow A LOT and still lives near campus 12 years after dropping out and knows close up magic.

• Like 1

I felt Konnor's face after the match told the story; he knew they hadn't done well enough. I agree that Viktor is the problem, but basically trying to get over as an asskicking tag-team when you have Harper & Rowan doing the rounds is always going to be an uphill struggle....and it's not like The Shield split up a long time ago. This is Dancin' Homer to the power of Wonderbat.

I though Adrian Neville should have been put in the Ascension - I think he and Konnor might work. Ultimately Neville will work a lot of tags anyway.

I felt Konnor's face after the match told the story; he knew they hadn't done well enough. I agree that Viktor is the problem, but basically trying to get over as an asskicking tag-team when you have Harper & Rowan doing the rounds is always going to be an uphill struggle....and it's not like The Shield split up a long time ago. This is Dancin' Homer to the power of Wonderbat.

I though Adrian Neville should have been put in the Ascension - I think he and Konnor might work. Ultimately Neville will work a lot of tags anyway.

It's tough to come in an DOMINANT MONSTERS when, like you said...The Wyatts, Show and Henry are tagging together....

More spikes and facepaint would probably help. Konnor needs to look like a 90's X Force villain. 

I haven't seen the Main Event match but it is odd that people are saying that Konnor is the one being held back from Viktor.  Most of the time (including me) it seems people in NXT thread is that Viktor has the most potential and Konnor is the problem.  Especially when Konnor starts talking

This was really bad for The Ascension. Viktor looks way too small to be a power move guy. It looked awful when he tried to act like he could toss around Primo & Epico since they're both bigger than him. Konnor looked really out of shape. They came across like a couple of Indy guys getting a tryout instead of the dominant team from development being brought up because they're ready.

• Like 1