DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

Naomi comes off as spotty with a less refined opponent, but she's had REALLY good matches with A.J. and Serena Deeb.  Would actually like to see a full-length bout between her and Natalya at some point.  Haven't watched Main Event yet but looking forward to it.

Main singles match Naomi had with Serena was the tournament final to crown the first FCW Divas' Champion.

Naomi and A.J. had a really good match toward the end of NXT Season 3...to the point where Cole actually stopped burying the show long enough to note that it was a really good match.

• Like 2

Compare both girls after the match and notice how Paige was breathing hard, while Naomi was just standing there like she was in a nightclub. It was really noticeable and annoying.

Can I ask what was so annoying about it? Naomi has great cardio. She is a trained dancer, afterall.

Compare both girls after the match and notice how Paige was breathing hard, while Naomi was just standing there like she was in a nightclub. It was really noticeable and annoying.

Can I ask what was so annoying about it? Naomi has great cardio. She is a trained dancer, afterall.

Selling.

Naomi and A.J. had a really good match toward the end of NXT Season 3...to the point where Cole actually stopped burying the show long enough to note that it was a really good match.

That NXT match even managed to win the crowd over.

I know you guys love the divas but does anyone have thoughts on the 6-man last night? Worth tracking down?

There was Ziggles promo before hand, which couldn't command the crowd's attention and probably killed their excitement for the match. Rather pedestrian, if not formulaic. Probably the first 6 man tag in a while that didn't have the crowd losing their shit at the end.

Fandago's talk to Layla was like an abusive husband going "I love you, baby. And I always will." Really, really creepy.

A.J. and Naomi were the main bright spots of NXT3 as everyone else on the show was green as grass; I don't think Kaitlyn had even wrestled in FCW before being brought up(she was a last-minute replacement for Isis The Amazon).  In particular, Kaitlyn and Maxine had one of the worst matches I'd ever seen on WWE programming.

NXT was guilty in a few cases of putting people on TV WAY before they were ready (Season 2 Titus O'Neil being a prime example).

• 2 weeks later...

The LMS match between Sheamus and ADR was competent as you would expect, but the only good reason to have a match like that on Main Event is that you avoid JBL talking about bringing out the toys.

Highlight Reel was pretty silly, though Sandow's getup was fun and Bret pasting him for talking about WCW was a fun touch.

Probably the most interesting thing about the show was them plugging the Wrestlemania Rewind: CM Punk + MITB, showing on the network afterwards.

Surprised Kof-E vs. Rybaxel got more time than the feature bout, but good match nonetheless.

Thought Naomi did okay for her first guest commentary spot...don't think she's had too much live mic time since NXT3.

• Like 1

Surprised Kof-E vs. Rybaxel got more time than the feature bout, but good match nonetheless.

Thought Naomi did okay for her first guest commentary spot...don't think she's had too much live mic time since NXT3.

Yea I thought Naomi did good on commentary too. It helped that she had announcers that we helping her sell the storyline too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Slater Gator has the makings of a good team. WWE has money with The PTP, but now Young is no where to be found and Titus is appearing (sporadically) on Main Event. The Ampathy the crowd has for Ryder is down right sad. WWE wanted to kill his push and not make any money off of him....well...they got it ten fold. The downside to having so much TV time is that a 4 time WHC and one of the hottest rising acts in WWE are relegated to Main Event. I know Main Event is a network exclusive show and WWE wants to entice people to get The Network by having top guys on Main Event, but surely there has to be another way. (?)

Seems like Main Event's a good place for quality guest commentary...thought Xavier Woods came off REALLY well in that role.

The commentators talked up Tyson Kidd as a star on Total Divas and NXT, in that order.  *sob*

Yeah, when you're teaming with Zack Ryder and you're still taking the fall, it might be time to hang it up.

Xavier Woods is REALLY good at this role. This is great stuff. I was never a huge fan of his on NXT. But he's doing such a great job explaining himself and his motivations -- the "distractions" he faced by working hard  and kissing babies kept them from having success. He has the right blend of anger and pretentiousness. I also liked stone-faced Big E. and hoodie wearing Kofi standing cross-armed at ringside. Great stuff. Also, that match was really solid, too. The Usos make it look easy at this point.

I love Slater and The Gator already. Great dynamic, with Titus thinking he's above Heath's dumb ass.