DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-3-14

MGFanJay

Orton remains the Technically Sound Musician That Plays Shitty Music.

So he's Jeff Beck? So where's his hot inappropriately young bassist?

I know someone here knows what I'm talkin' bout.

I saw Beck open for Stevie Ray in 89. I know what ya mean. No bass player on that tour though.

Wait. His hot bassist would have been 3 in 1989.

Jesus, how many has he gone through?

Guitar Shop tour opening for Stevie Ray. Terry Bozzio on drums and a keyboard/ synth guy. No bass player. Technically great but boring as fuck. Especially since Stevie followed.

Emma is greatness, love the theme music. Cole trying to do the Emma dance after was hilarious, definitely need a gif of that. Aksana rules too, her and Alicia should be the top heel divas. Liked the cage match and really fantastic main event that got a ton of time. Orton/Bryan deliver some great matches on RAW for sure.

Where's the .gif of the look on JBL's face after AJ stated how many days she was champion? He was about to start rolling his eyes as he turned toward Michael Cole to shoot him a look about it, but on his way there he caught a glimpse of the monitor; realized he was on-camera, and immediately stopped mid-roll.

Didn't catch this but sounds hilarious, JBL rules.

This is the only reference to an American Football League Hall of Fame I could find:

http://www.remembertheafl.com/AFLHallOfFame.htm

Sure enough, Ernie Ladd is one of the inductees (as is Wahoo McDaniel).  I really hope this is what the WWE was referring to, and that their crackerjack research goons somehow missed this bit further down the page:

The American Football League Hall of Fame exists only in my mind

Still, if an imaginary hall of fame with AOL email and online guestbook wanted to induct me, I reckon I'd say yes.

• Like 1

Orton remains the Technically Sound Musician That Plays Shitty Music.

So he's Jeff Beck?  So where's his hot inappropriately young bassist?

I know someone here knows what I'm talkin' bout.

Indeed. I saw him play not long ago when he was on tour with Brian Wilson. Guy knows how to perfectly set up a floating bridge was really all I took from the performance. 

As for RAW I'm glad the Punk chants didn't catch on. It was basically the equivalent of Goldberg chants during a Ryback match. 

I've read several people on other forums noting that the C.M. Punk chants were "muted" on the television audio to drown them out some. I don't know a lot about production but that seems as if it would be somewhat difficult on a live show but the fuck do I know? Anyway, I think they're just conspiracy theorists at this point anyway. Still, found it semi-interesting.

The crowd was more lively than I initially anticipated, honestly.

Christian cracks me up though. All the dude ever does is clap. Clap to try to get the crowd going, clap for his comeback, etc. I joked "how long until he claps?" It was literally the very first thing he did after the bell rang! Too damn funny. That goober needs to hang it up.

I completely forgot about Lawler/BNB by the end of the show.

Also, folks defending that Emma segment need to rewatch it. Cheering crowd noise + No one in the crowd on camera evidencing any sort of reaction = Piped in, people. Emma is great, but that segment was a horrible debut to folks not familiar with her. Though I did love AJ's line about Summer and Emma having more talent and personality than anyone involved in the Aksana/Naomi match.

Like Punk or not, these three hour Raws are going to suffer from his absence, unless they just compensate by having Daniel Bryan go 30 minutes every night, in which case we're fine.

I could stand to watch a long Harper/Ziggler match.

I'm not really sure what anyone was expecting for that Emma dancing segment for it to have been considered good.  They introduced a relative unknown to RAW with the apparent gimmick of being an awkward dancer in a dance off against a heel who flaunts their dancing ability.  All things considered, quiet confusion from a crowd that isn't exactly located in a wrestling hotbed is about as likely an outcome as to which one could have aspired.

By my scale, shitting on something by the crowd = outright hostility/booing.  Like, for instance, Batista's Royal Rumble win.  This was a throwaway segment that fell a little flat.

Let's try to rein in the overreaction and extreme hyperbole, yeah?

Omaha can go screw

I still haven't figured out this whole amnesia thing that happens for the talent in regards to NXT. It's like they all forget it exists once they are called up. Obviously they beat the JBL is NXT commissioner but doesn't know anyone thing into the ground but Summer Rae seemingly acting like she had no idea who Emma was weird. It's like Michael Cole is the only one who can see the Ultimate Warrior in the mirror.

Oh and I guess they gave up on that whole "Make the IC title mean something again" thing. Poor poor Big E.

• Like 2

Oh and I guess they gave up on that whole "Make the IC title mean something again" thing. Poor poor Big E.

They buried both their secondary titles last night. Cole made some off-hand comment about Ambrose holding the US belt for 6 months or whatever and Lawler chimed in with something along the lines of, "Yeah, and when was the last time he had a title match? It's easy to be champ when you never defend it."

Gotta love that Lawler often can't remember what he saw two weeks ago but the one time does manage to pay attention it winds up being to someone's detriment.

What the hell is with the guy(and sorry, sixty percent of you people are still interchangeable to me after all these years; I still confuse Burgundy with Piranesi sometimes and that's as confused as one can get) hating on Christian being one of the few guys who actually knows how to engage the crowd in 2014. He's great at that, from the sign watching when he comes out to the claps. The whole point is that they clap along. If they didn't it would be different.

• Like 1

So is Emma the new 'fun' and 'funny' (but in reality just EXTREMELY annoying) girl replacing the fun' and 'funny' (but in reality just EXTREMELY annoying) Katilyn? No buys. I agree with what was posted earlier- Everything about the Emma presentation (even the last few weeks) just comes off as forced. Its the same problem I had with Katilyn. Katilyn was trying TOO HARD to be the funny girl and her whole schtick relied heavily on cliches and quoting lines from movies. Putting Emma in the ring with another girl who hasn't mastered her character at all and who comes off as someone PLAYING a character rather than actually BEING that character, made the segment that much sillier.

Seems like no one cares about Batista anymore. Glad Xavier shaved off the creepy uncle mustache. Hopefully Cody is over his imitation of Kurt Angle's craziness and will stick to what works. Angle is an idiot and should be the LAST GUY anyone tries to imitate in the right at this point.

They buried both their secondary titles last night. Cole made some off-hand comment about Ambrose holding the US belt for 6 months or whatever and Lawler chimed in with something along the lines of, "Yeah, and when was the last time he had a title match? It's easy to be champ when you never defend it."

Gotta love that Lawler often can't remember what he saw two weeks ago but the one time does manage to pay attention it winds up being to someone's detriment.

I think it was JBL who actually said that but yeah - I heard that was like "Boy - Vince must be pissed off about something tonight."

WWE Universe ‏@WWEUniverse  10h

"When has @TheDeanAmbrose defended that title? It's easy to hold a title for 14 years if you don't defend it!" - @JCLayfield #RAW