DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-3-14

MGFanJay

Also, I cringed and changed the channel pretty fucking quickly during that Emma segment.  It works on NXT, but that gimmick just isn't going to translate.  Not with Cole, King and JBL doing that shitty thing they do ALL THE TIME.

I started watching the DVR recording with about an hour left on the actual broadcast so I'd have some fast forward room. Thank Crom I did. That was a miserable three hours of fake fighting and World Wrestling Wackiness. The best things about the show were Bryan's meaningless win over "the Omaha Nebraska of Wrestling," The Sheild/Wyatt's thing and the Ernie Ladd tribute. Past that, the show was a perfect example of of what will chase the casuals away. It's a show that makes you feel dumb for watching it.

Final thoughts: Omaha Nebraska is a terrible place to have any sort of event that requires a pulse and people who bag on Jeff Beck deserve to live in Omaha Nebraska and listen to nothing but the Decemberists and the National.

Strong words on Omaha coming from one who resides in IDAHO.

Go to a BSU football or basketball home game and then get back to me on that.

I will say that the Emma debut, in general, gives me very little faith that they will get the Bo Dallas debut right. Rushing right to Santino/Emma vs Fandango/Summer isn't a bad move though since that's one of the best things they did all of last year.

Also, I'm really happy they're going to do Cesaro vs Orton. That should be a ridiculous amount of fun.

The problem with Emma and Bo's gimmicks is that they evolved to where they are now, and the NXT fans got to see and appreciate that.  As evidenced by last night, and as speculated with Bo, they're just calling them up and basically saying, "Here, get it?!?"

Hopefully AJ will keep the title long enough to feud with Emma over it, because Emma's nonchalant reactions and dancing in response to AJ's "I'm a serious wrestler" bits will be amazing.

• Like 1

Bryan gets a half hour to kick the shit out of Orton, then outsmart Randy and the Authority AND pick up the huge clean win that sets him on-deck to be THE FACE OF THE WWE~!

...and we talk about Emma for 6 pages.  I fucking love all of you.

So, did Omaha have a worse night on Sunday or Monday?  Awful crowd. If that main event had happened in Cleveland, or any other city they've been in this year, it would have been molten lava.

My issue with the older retired guys coming back to wrestle is I find that the talent facing them give them way too much.

That's how I felt when Lawler was facing Miz (I know, sacrilege) and that's how I feel whenever the Outlaws are wrestling. 50/50 booking in these kinds of situations are ridiculous.

I don't have a problem with the Outlaws back but they should be cheating their way to cheap victories, not being presented as equals to Cody and Punk.

It doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

My issue with the older retired guys coming back to wrestle is I find that the talent facing them give them way too much.

That's how I felt when Lawler was facing Miz (I know, sacrilege) and that's how I feel whenever the Outlaws are wrestling. 50/50 booking in these kinds of situations are ridiculous.

I don't have a problem with the Outlaws back but they should be cheating their way to cheap victories, not being presented as equals to Cody and Punk.

It doesn't make sense.

Also, at least Cody gets rub from Goldust (not to mention that a guy like Rowan probably improved a lot and was made to look good working him week in and week out). Outlaws are still doing their shitty cool heel act and getting the fans to chant along with them. 

I'm pretty sure that "face of the WWE" is now my least favorite phrase ever. I mean, in storyline, what does it even mean? Are all these grown men really fighting each other so Steph and Hunter will like them? Why can't they just say "champion?" The WWE's weird buzzwords generally don't annoy me but now they're getting nebulous. Couldn't Stephanie have just said "and, if you lose, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but Hunter and I will be fully in support of Daniel Bryan being the next WWE World Heavyweight champion." 

The problem with the whole thing now is that the whole storyline was finding the replacement for John Cena because he was injured. But then he came back. And he never seemed to have any problem with The Authority since his return. And since Cena and Orton already fought AND united the titles, shouldn't that have settled the "face of the WWE" argument?

Bryan gets a half hour to kick the shit out of Orton, then outsmart Randy and the Authority AND pick up the huge clean win that sets him on-deck to be THE FACE OF THE WWE~!

...and we talk about Emma for 6 pages.  I fucking love all of you.

So, did Omaha have a worse night on Sunday or Monday?  Awful crowd. If that main event had happened in Cleveland, or any other city they've been in this year, it would have been molten lava.

It was a great match, but it was meaningless since it wasn't a title match.  I'm guessing the idea is that Orton loses to everybody he's facing in the Chamber so he can "defy the odds" and keep the title at the PPV.  The only real positive is that maybe now Cesaro will cleanly beat Randy too.

At least with Emma you've got the "She is perfect, everything she does is gold, fuck you" crowd vs the "Um, guys, that didn't go so well" crowd to argue back and forth.

• Like 1

One of the problems that Emma and Bo Dallas will have is one of the big differences between WWE and NXT (I know they are the same company).  NXT allows for patience to build an angle or character until they get it right because there is no worry about ratings or "buyrates" or shit like that.   It took a good year to get the Bo Dallas we have now in NXT.   If things don't look right for two weeks then it is time to change everything and bury the character to Superstars.  

Can only imagine the reaction Bayley gets when she debuts.  Who is equally awesome in NXT as well