DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-3-14

MGFanJay

The tag match was underwhelming, and the rest of the show wasn't much - but at least that had a major highlight, even if it was botched. Speaking of which, Aksana's knee on Naomi was scary. The main event ruled, and continued their trend of having better TV matches than PPV ones.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/02/raw-2-3-14.html

Screens -

1ad8c4305815256.jpg

9dfb64305812626.jpg

122e0e305812689.jpg

5c4f69305812449.jpg

8e0efc305813802.jpg

20d648305813808.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/y71z01ymwyunjxim9tyyy0l9zsbfdfrb

• Like 1

Batista Wardrobe Watch:  This week's entry:

The denim jacket your mom bought at Coldwater Creek so she could fit in better with those bitches at Michael's

Between him and Del Rio that looked like a fight you might see go down at Hobby Lobby.

Hey guys, the premise here is that there really are a lot of retail stores that cater to old ladies.

• Like 11

Bryan/Orton was very good, but Bryan winning here isn't really worth noting.

Orton is probably going to lose every single one of these matches he's going to have with his EC competitors, look even more weak and useless than he already does, and then somehow come out of the EC with the belt.

Those CM Punks sure did hijack the show...no wait, they didn't at all. They were all but forgotten by the time the main event rolled around.

Best match by Randy in quite a while. Bryan winning clean was a nice touch too.

And the ref basically refusing to count Aksana's pin right after she dropped that knee on Naomi's eye. Aksana should be the #1 contender right now, damnit.

That, plus Dolph being the one to eat a pin in a match with Xavier Woods and R-Truth allow me to give this show a thumbs up.

• Like 1

When are we getting the Undertaker Bong?  I was almost expecting it during the beatdown at the end, and that he would save and then challenge Bryan, since Bryan is clearly the best living man on earth right now and Taker exists only to test himself against the best of we mortals.

• Like 1

Matches like that main event are why I am a 36-year-old man who watches play fighting. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I missed the beginning of the show. The first thing I saw was Cody's moonsault. Loved how much fire Dolph showed before eating the pinfall in the Wyatt match. The Shield interview was friggin' golden. Ambrose making the ghost noise was so great. This is such a badass feud.  "I WELCOME YOUR WAR!" So friggin' great.

Thought AJ did yet another very good job as a prissy little snot on commentary.

I hope they redo the Santino/Emma vs Summer/Fandango tag match from NXT. That was one of the best comedy matches in a long, long, long time.

• Like 2

Man, I'm never one to come in here and just complain.  But other than a great main event and a tag team title match that was good (but felt kind of pointless), that was one of the most boring Raws I have seen in a long time. 

OK, I also liked the Wyatt promo and the reciprocated Shield promo.  But man, SO much filler on that show. 

Everything else bordered on dull or thrown together. 

• Like 2

Cody Rhodes is a fucking idiot.

I don't know about that but his moonsault really made me appreciate the aerial stylings of guys like RVD and Jeff Hardy. No matter where the guy was positioned in the ring, they had the uncanny ability to (usually) angle their jump so they landed somewhat on target.

Road Dogg was in a good position, Cody just came straight down like Wile E. Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon. He must have negative center of gravity.

• Like 1

I am so on board with an angle in which The Miz parodies Punk's bratty behavior and tantrums.

He needs to start dressing like someone from a trailer park and constantly name-dropping UFC stars to properly pull this off though.

• Like 1

Pretty good Raw with a killer main event, some fun stuff, and an all-time awful crowd. I'm more excited for the Wyatts and Shield than I have been for anything in wrestling in a really long time, great stuff tonight from all 6 of them. I loved the finishing sequence for Daniel/Orton with him outsmarting everyone. Dusty needs to sit Cody down and tell him to never fucking do that shit again, or at least only do it with Cesaro. Cody has all the grace of someone dropping a watermelon off a balcony. Del Rio during his segment with Batista was really good, even though I don't really want to see that match with Dave winning. Emma was awesome, the crowd was soulless for hating on her, seriously it can't be said enough how terrible Omaha was tonight, I can't imagine them getting another TV or PPV anytime soon.

Hopefully Foxsana take the belts from the Outlaws.

I'm pretty sure that "face of the WWE" is now my least favorite phrase ever. I mean, in storyline, what does it even mean? Are all these grown men really fighting each other so Steph and Hunter will like them? Why can't they just say "champion?" The WWE's weird buzzwords generally don't annoy me but now they're getting nebulous. Couldn't Stephanie have just said "and, if you lose, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but Hunter and I will be fully in support of Daniel Bryan being the next WWE World Heavyweight champion." 

Need to re-watch the main but your typically good DB match. Also, Bryan and Kane doing something makes a hell of a lot more sense than Punk and Kane. That's always been a loose end that needed to be tied up.

Continue to be excited for Shield and Wyatt's. I like the idea that after running roughshod over the world for 14 months, that The Shield are finally walking into a fight that they'll probably not win.

Emma is great.

Really, really shocked that the Punk and Cena's injury weren't addressed? I kind of thought this would be a bit of a reset show where they acknowledge that things have gone off the rails and do some big promise to right things. I imagine something like that is coming. 

I'm not sure that steady diet of Rey and Rey and Sin Cara got ADR equipped for Big Dave. Just sayin.'

• Like 1

So why didn't Road Dogg catch Cody?  He kind of just put a forearm out and let him eat shit on the landing.  I hate shit like that, that guy is putting his body on the line to make the match better, the least he could do was break his fall. 

Aksana is horrible, and that knee to the head was brutal.  Hopefully Summer Rae and Emma can keep her ass off TV after that shit.  AJ was great on commentary, and I want her to have my children.

Big E's hot tag run was great, if Cody is injured, which after that moonsault is a real possiblity, let Big E team with Goldust so we can get Goldust's face in peril hot-tagging Big E. 

Daniel Bryan is fucking awesome, and Randy can be really good when he is on like he was tonight.

• Like 1

Also, Batista is truly the worst. I think I've said it before but aside from that end run where he had the killer "kissing babies and hugging fat chicks" line that dude was awful. I hate everything about him. His jeans tonight were so friggin' awful. Also, his music seems like something every cross-fit enthusiast has on an iPod warm-up mix. Ugh. Can they redo that contract? Or at least have him heel?

• Like 2

Even though I knew Cena was hurt, I completely didn't even notice he wasn't on the show. 

I do like Emma, but man, that dance off segment felt like it was made up as they went along.  I can see them trying to shoehorn her into "quirky hot girl" role now that Kaitlyn is no longer around.  Which I'm OK with.