DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-3-14

MGFanJay

Them pointing out that Orton has been in 5 Elimination Chamber matches and never won one made me think that he's going over for some reason.

Also, while the intensity was great in the main event, it was the selling which really stood out. Bryan's received some complaints about his selling while hitting his stuff but I think he did a stellar job here. It felt like that really great Bockwinkel/Martel match where both wrestlers targeted different body parts.

He says it when he calls Billy Gunn "The Bad Ass"... he just doesn't do it in the intro, for whatever reason.

It's far easier to edit the intro than Billy Gunn's nickname. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room for editing "The Bad Ass". What would he be called? "The Bad A Double Crooked Letter", "The Bad Butt", "Bad" Billy Gunn?

I do remember Road Dogg saying, "that B to the A to the D to the A to the Double Crooked Letter" a few times.

Okay - I am not locking the thread but the problem was taken care of but still replying to his posts is really going to infuriate me and probably earn you a time out.

Because there is nothing I like more than fucking having to fucking ban people at fucking 4:30 in the god damn morning

Grr....

To stay on Topic...

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

• Like 2

I agree with everything said on Orton-Bryan in here. I think Orton has to win the EC, Bryan winning there wouldn't be the big moment it should be. I think HHH screws him somehow and they do that match at WM. That is the easiest way to get themselves out of this.

I just wanted to add, are we seriously getting Bad News Barrett wasted in a feud with Lawler? Lawler, whose one line was the equivalent of "Hey Barrett, the jerk store called and they're running out of you!" Of course this is leading Barrett to use George's other line and we get a bunch of stale Lawler's ex-wife jokes. Ugh.

He says it when he calls Billy Gunn "The Bad Ass"... he just doesn't do it in the intro, for whatever reason.

It's far easier to edit the intro than Billy Gunn's nickname. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room for editing "The Bad Ass". What would he be called? "The Bad A Double Crooked Letter", "The Bad Butt", "Bad" Billy Gunn?

I do remember Road Dogg saying, "that B to the A to the D to the A to the Double Crooked Letter" a few times.

That's part of it, right after spelling his own name, "mobbing once again with the..." But then during the "Ladies and gentlemen" part, he says it out.

I agree with everything said on Orton-Bryan in here. I think Orton has to win the EC, Bryan winning there wouldn't be the big moment it should be. I think HHH screws him somehow and they do that match at WM. That is the easiest way to get themselves out of this.

I just wanted to add, are we seriously getting Bad News Barrett wasted in a feud with Lawler? Lawler, whose one line was the equivalent of "Hey Barrett, the jerk store called and they're running out of you!" Of course this is leading Barrett to use George's other line and we get a bunch of stale Lawler's ex-wife jokes. Ugh.

Maybe they're going to do some topical jokes about Woody Allen towards Lawler. Vince is the type that would do that just for his own amusement.

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching Bryan/Orton. Great match, I'd rate it as the best they've had. The two other Bryan/Orton matches worth seeing are the Night of Champions 2013 match they had which is underrated and the one on RAW in December 2013 ending in a DQ.

EDIT: Forgot to mention The Wyatt Family vs. Dolph Ziggler/R-Truth/Xavier Woods. I really liked that match.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On the DX thing, he should just tweek it to Monday Night Raw or WWE presents....the DX thing makes me cringe whenever I hear it because yeah...it's dead. And it should STAY that way.

'The Authority presents' would be such a simple and effective confirmation that they are heels and that they are back in the game because of their pal Triple H.

• Like 1

We aren't supposed to completely know that. They're constantly denying it

Which I sort of hate, honestly. Let people boo someone for a clear reason.

These 'shades of gray' heels go no where fast. Maybe have one turncoat type guy on your show for people to puzzle over, but just let me clearly either cheer or boo everyone else. 

Imagine if Sgt. Slaughter's huge heel turn had been that 'he still loves America but he is pen pals with a guy in Iraq.' Every month he waves the flag and doesn't do anything remotely heelish and every now and then Mene Gene is like 'is it true that you have a pen pal in Bagdad?' and he's like 'yeah, but I also love freedom and this crowd. Ten hut!'

Just let the Outlaws be horrible Iraqi traitors. 

• Like 1

Also - in the WON update from yesterday there is a note about how the Miz and Ziggler are going to form sort of Angry Man Tag Team hence the Ziggler interview and Miz's weird... whatever that was.

-- Regarding the angles the last week or so, the idea is a DISGRUNTLED ANGRY MEN tag-team of Miz and Dolph Ziggler. Yes. Cannot wait.

Finally got round to watching Bryan/Orton. Great match, I'd rate it as the best they've had. The two other Bryan/Orton matches worth seeing are the Night of Champions 2013 match they had which is underrated and the one on RAW in December 2013 ending in a DQ.

EDIT: Forgot to mention The Wyatt Family vs. Dolph Ziggler/R-Truth/Xavier Woods. I really liked that match.

What about the street fight where Bryan made Orton tap? I'd still say that's the best match they've had.

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching Bryan/Orton. Great match, I'd rate it as the best they've had. The two other Bryan/Orton matches worth seeing are the Night of Champions 2013 match they had which is underrated and the one on RAW in December 2013 ending in a DQ.

What about the street fight where Bryan made Orton tap? I'd still say that's the best match they've had.

Bryan and Orton can definitely bring it when they want to. I don't know that this RAW match was their best, but it was damn sure a good one. Better than what we usually get on PPV.

That's the biggie I'm missing and need to watch ASAP.

Two thoughts on this......

--I remember even back during their heyday, Michael Cole always referred to him as "B.A." Billy Gunn, and he still does now.  Back then I thought maybe Cole had a moral thing against cursing or something.  (Which would have been really odd, keeping a job with the fed during the Attitude Era of you had any kind of strong moral stance.)  But after hearing Michael Cole off TV before (I don't remember where it was.....but he was going off on a fan), the guy isn't afraid to cuss a blue streak.  So I'm more puzzled by it that ever. 

Standards and Practices on UPN, perhaps?

Two thoughts on this......

--I remember even back during their heyday, Michael Cole always referred to him as "B.A." Billy Gunn, and he still does now.  Back then I thought maybe Cole had a moral thing against cursing or something.  (Which would have been really odd, keeping a job with the fed during the Attitude Era of you had any kind of strong moral stance.)  But after hearing Michael Cole off TV before (I don't remember where it was.....but he was going off on a fan), the guy isn't afraid to cuss a blue streak.  So I'm more puzzled by it that ever. 

Standards and Practices on UPN, perhaps?

05.jpg

But we only appeared on TBS/TNT, never UPN.

Yeah, that was a bad joke.

• Like 2