DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-3-14

MGFanJay

Assuming they keep Miz face, I'd rather have seen him reunite with Alex Riley as a babyface team.

Why does every diva have to wrestle? Lana (the chick with Rusev) has the gimmick that Aksana should have had from the start. Evil eastern European woman with her own brute squad.

Agreed, really liked the Aksana/Cesaro pairing and thought that could've led to Aksana building a stable around him.

Finally got round to watching Bryan/Orton. Great match, I'd rate it as the best they've had. The two other Bryan/Orton matches worth seeing are the Night of Champions 2013 match they had which is underrated and the one on RAW in December 2013 ending in a DQ.

EDIT: Forgot to mention The Wyatt Family vs. Dolph Ziggler/R-Truth/Xavier Woods. I really liked that match.

What about the street fight where Bryan made Orton tap? I'd still say that's the best match they've had.

That's the biggie I'm missing and need to watch ASAP.

Ask and ye shall receive Natural.  WWE put their complete summer saga series on YouTube.

• Like 1

Finally got round to watching Bryan/Orton. Great match, I'd rate it as the best they've had. The two other Bryan/Orton matches worth seeing are the Night of Champions 2013 match they had which is underrated and the one on RAW in December 2013 ending in a DQ.

EDIT: Forgot to mention The Wyatt Family vs. Dolph Ziggler/R-Truth/Xavier Woods. I really liked that match.

What about the street fight where Bryan made Orton tap? I'd still say that's the best match they've had.

That's the biggie I'm missing and need to watch ASAP.

Ask and ye shall receive Natural. WWE put their complete summer saga series on YouTube.

Cheers, TheVileOne!

EDIT. Great match. I'd now say that's the best Bryan/Orton match.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I did not care for the Bryan/Orton street fight, mainly because I don't care for WWE street fights in general. They're not hate-filled grudge matches, they're showcases for contrived stunt spots. Perhaps my least favorite aspect of those matches is how when someone sets up a spot, it always, without exception, ends up backfiring on him. Like, the guy who gets put through a table is the one who introduced it in the first place. It makes things feel too choreographed.

So, how much crossover is there between the demographics of WWE Raw and TVLand's Hot in Cleveland? Feeling like its not much but then again you all watch Total Divas, so you'll watch anything.

Isn't Jane Leeves on that show? I've loved her since Throb in the mid 80s.

The Authority is teetering on being the worst authority figure angle in wrestling history. It's just so fucking unnecessary and confusing. Why did Triple H cheat to help Randy Orton win, then talk him up as the greatest thing since sliced bread for 3 months, only to, after he finally (cleanly) unifies the World Titles, throw him in the bushes and basically not give a shit about him anymore. Why did we sit through those 5 "coronation" ceremonies to celebrate Orton's title reign?

Does WWE think this is compelling storytelling? Do they think we are on the edge of our seats wondering where the tumultuous Triple H-Randy Orton relationship is going next? It's awful.

• Like 2

The Authority is teetering on being the worst authority figure angle in wrestling history. It's just so fucking unnecessary and confusing. Why did Triple H cheat to help Randy Orton win, then talk him up as the greatest thing since sliced bread for 3 months, only to, after he finally (cleanly) unifies the World Titles, throw him in the bushes and basically not give a shit about him anymore.

HHH anointed Orton as his non-Cena, non-Punk, non-Bryan champion more because he hates those three guys than because he loves Orton. Really, this angle needs some sort of turning point where HHH turns on Orton to anoint a new "face of the company". That could be HHH losing faith in Orton because he loses the title to Daniel Bryan and screwing Bryan to move the title over to someone like Sheamus or Batista.

Watch the WWE/HHH interview that's on the website this week. It adds to this. It's mostly about Kane but it's really good. HHH acts like a total d-bag towards Cole at the end.

It's really good, I actually wish they'd include these on the show.

The Authority is teetering on being the worst authority figure angle in wrestling history. It's just so fucking unnecessary and confusing. Why did Triple H cheat to help Randy Orton win, then talk him up as the greatest thing since sliced bread for 3 months, only to, after he finally (cleanly) unifies the World Titles, throw him in the bushes and basically not give a shit about him anymore. Why did we sit through those 5 "coronation" ceremonies to celebrate Orton's title reign?

Does WWE think this is compelling storytelling? Do they think we are on the edge of our seats wondering where the tumultuous Triple H-Randy Orton relationship is going next? It's awful.

Because apparently Trips/Steph segments draw, sadly. In fact, the Observer just did a list of how the top ratings draws average for 2013. The number after is how many new people turn into their segment.

1. The Rock: 335,698

2. Brock Lesnar: 330,068

3. John Cena: 328,401

4. Paul Heyman: 317,531

5. HHH: 259,420

6. C.M. Punk: 246,534

7. Stephanie McMahon: 242,841

8. Vickie Guerrero: 234,359

9. Vince McMahon: 203,475

10. Brad Maddox: 168,819

11. Seth Rollins: 167,388

12. Roman Reigns: 166,202

13. Big Show: 161,143

14. Daniel Bryan: 155,341

15. Dean Ambrose: 135,652

16. Ryback: 91,294

17. Curtis Axel: 59,699

18. Kane: 48,198

19. Sheamus: 40,064:

20. Randy Orton: 36,305

Some people will point that as a negative on Bryan, but really it just screams "Holy Shit why is Orton still champion?" Curtis Axel has been a better draw.

Ehh..  Axel's numbers are high because he spent a bunch of time being emotionless behind Paul Heyman. Orton and Bryan's numbers are low because they wrestle 20 minutes on every show.  Orton specifically seems to face the Kofi's of the world quite a bit.