DVDVR Message Board

It would be legitimately hilarious if aliens only received wrestling from 97-00 and came here with a wrestling bucket list hoping to attend a show at the ECW Arena, a Steve Austin main event and a big time AJPW match with some combo of Kobashi/Kawada/Misawa but wind up being confused/disappointed and turn around and leave.

Oh, and they want to hold a tournament with a next-gen version of No Mercy but play WWE 2K14 and don't understand why it's not just an updated No Mercy.

• Like 2

Austin continues to amaze me. He's one of a few people I can think of that could literally pick any career or profession and be able to do it.

Also, does Steve have dentures? I swear, sometimes when he's talking it sounds like he's trying to stop them from coming out.

Steen should be interesting. I wonder how familiar Austin is with his ROH/PWG/other indy work. 

I hope he tells him to work on his look.

So, if Austin gets Vince on the show, it has got to crash the server on downloads right?

Will Vince "shoot?"

Will Austin ask questions based on his problems he has stated he has with WWE?

I personally want to know what Vince thinks of Dave Schultz slapping John Stossel, funny ribs, and tag team wrestling.

HOWEVER, I would trade an entire 2 hour long interview with Vince to just hear Vince do the T-Plus commercial.

• Like 2

I like to imagine Vince being as befuddled by modern day technology as Ichabod Crane is on Sleepy Hollow. Like, he probably still has some 10 year old flip phone that he refuses to part with because he knows how to use it and all his important numbers are programmed in it. Hunter and Steph give him an Ipad for christmas and it still sits in the box 8 months later unopened and collecting dust, etc.

• Like 1

I rarely listen to the podcast.  What problems does Austin have with the WWE?

Not a big fan of the scripting of interviews, think its overproduced, and it seems clear that he doesn't think a Stone Cold angle like he would want to do would work well in the PG-era. I mean, he's still pretty complimentary towards the company and points out he's a fan, but it's just so different from when he was on top.

I rarely listen to the podcast.  What problems does Austin have with the WWE?

Not a big fan of the scripting of interviews, think its overproduced, and it seems clear that he doesn't think a Stone Cold angle like he would want to do would work well in the PG-era. I mean, he's still pretty complimentary towards the company and points out he's a fan, but it's just so different from when he was on top.

He's also critical of the commentary.

Wonder how many times he's compared good commentary to salt and pepper on a steak.

I like to imagine Vince being as befuddled by modern day technology as Ichabod Crane is on Sleepy Hollow. Like, he probably still has some 10 year old flip phone that he refuses to part with because he knows how to use it and all his important numbers are programmed in it. Hunter and Steph give him an Ipad for christmas and it still sits in the box 8 months later unopened and collecting dust, etc.

Which would explain why Cole is constantly explaining how to download the app.  Trips and Steph keep hoping Vince will take the hint.

• Like 2

Which would explain why Cole is constantly explaining how to download the app.  Trips and Steph keep hoping Vince will take the hint.

Your signature is visual evidence of the single meanest thing anyone has ever done.  Why would they do that to that poor kid?  He probably broke his foot and possibly a couple of ribs.

• Like 1

Did anyone else think Austin wasnt really reading between the lines during the Generico / Sami Zayn chat?

Austin sounded really bummed "Jeez, he retired at 29??? Whats he doing now??? Raising Orphans???"

Steen was a brilliant interview, Austin seemed really pumped up about him, especialy after watching the 95 moves of Kevin Steen.

Steen keeping kayfabe even with Steve Austin was hilarious. I also loved the sarcasm in Austin's voice when he pretended to be surprised about Jacques Rougeau not washing his hands after using the bathroom.

• Like 1