DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

THE BRIDGE is likely going to be canceled.

Wait what

The Bridge has been great this season.  The first few episodes were all over the place but it came into focus a few episodes ago and it's firing on all cylinders.

The Bridge has been awesome this season!  They can't cancel it!  I forbid it!

Wait what

The Bridge has been great this season.  The first few episodes were all over the place but it came into focus a few episodes ago and it's firing on all cylinders.

Sad Fausto just wants to go to a quincenera. 

• Like 2

Wait what

Sad Fausto just wants to go to a quincenera. 

I thought Eleanor was going to be season 2 MVP and then Fausto Galvan just runs away with it.

I wonder how frustrated the editors must be with Diane Kruger and her disappearing and reappearing German accent. Her non-regional American accent is pretty good and then she reverts back to how she sounds in real life. Must be the Asperger's, I guess.

Could not sleep at all last night over at my friend's house so I fired up the Netflix and ended up watching the ENTIRE new season of Trailer Park Boys by my lonesome. I love those random episodes in the middle of the seasons where there is almost nothing to do with the actual overall plotline and it's just the boys doing the dumbest shit possible/encountering some completely absurd situation. The best one this time involves Ricky and Julian deciding to get high all day long like back in the day while Bubbles is trying to clean genital crabs off of his cats, and they have to help him out. Which ends up in indecent exposure and arrest, of course. Needless to say it's a great season though I swear I didn't see Ray even once the entire time.

"Hurry up, I gotta go on tour with Ratt." - Sebastian Bach

Could not sleep at all last night over at my friend's house so I fired up the Netflix and ended up watching the ENTIRE new season of Trailer Park Boys by my lonesome. I love those random episodes in the middle of the seasons where there is almost nothing to do with the actual overall plotline and it's just the boys doing the dumbest shit possible/encountering some completely absurd situation. The best one this time involves Ricky and Julian deciding to get high all day long like back in the day while Bubbles is trying to clean genital crabs off of his cats, and they have to help him out. Which ends up in indecent exposure and arrest, of course. Needless to say it's a great season though I swear I didn't see Ray even once the entire time.

"Hurry up, I gotta go on tour with Ratt." - Sebastian Bach

Curt, the new movie gives you an explanation for Ray's absence.

And it's probably my favorite of all the films.

Just breezed through the first season of You're The Worst from Fx; it's only 10 episodes with each being about 30 mins.

It definitely gets a thumbs up.  The sidekick characters are fun and I usually like the dialogue between the characters in it. 

The season finale was good and delivered on most of the storylines.  I'm not sure if it can maintain it, but nice 1st series run.

We're three or four episodes behind but when Hell on Wheels hits, it really hits. 

Good to see another fan on here. I love that show. It's definitely clunky at times but like you said, when they get it right, they get it right.

We're three or four episodes behind but when Hell on Wheels hits, it really hits. 

Good to see another fan on here. I love that show. It's definitely clunky at times but like you said, when they get it right, they get it right.

I was worried the show was going to shit after the awful ending of the last season, but they've rebounded really nicely.  Elam's recent story arc has been gut wrenching.

As mentioned in another thread, now that I've finished the 8 seasons of Law & Order that are on Netflix, I've started binge-watching Parenthood.  Loved the movie back in the day but my impression of the show from ads and so on was that it sucked so never gave it a shot.  Have had multiple people tell me it was actually good so I've decided to give it a try.  Am about halfway through season one so far:

Thus far I'm enjoying the show a lot.  The good moments are really, really good.  But the show also includes pretty much one scene (or more) per show that is just cringe-inducing-awful and ridiculous.  The episode I just watched featured the entire freaking family going to Drew's baseball tryout.  That high-powered attorney who just a couple episodes earlier was working 500 hours a week?  Yeah, she was there.  And so on.  The show makes the mistake so many others make in that it basically forgets that the adults actually have jobs and go to work.  And so you see them with waaaaaaaaaay too much free time on their hands on weekdays.  And there's way too many forced "awwwww" scenes where something happens with the rest of the family watching and everybody just stops and stares in that "oh, isn't this so special/important/touching" kind of way as the camera pans from face to face.  Nauseating.  Ugh.  But...like I said, the good stuff is really, really good.  The stuff with Amber and Hattie screaming at each other because Amber slept with Hattie's ex-boyfriend, and then the parents screaming at each other as well?  Good stuff, that came across really good.  Felt like genuine anger and a real argument.  

Anyway, I'm in for the long haul on this one, I think :)

Such a perfect joke to have them end up calling Julian's bar that. "Push your boobs up girls, let's make some money tonight"

I'll go out to the video store and grab Don't Legalize It this week then. It boggles me that it isn't on Netflix. 

I just noticed that Netflix has "Trailer Park Boys: Live In Fucking Dublin" up right now. It's awesome.

I finished watching Battlestar Galactica. Overall it was a good series but it really fell off a cliff towards the end of the final season.  Especially once the humans and cylons started working together. Some of the characters were real good( both . Adama's, Roslin, Balatar, Tyrol, most of the Cylons). I couldn't stand Starbuck though. She had some moments but after the third season, she became unbearable. I grew to like Roslin. The finale was awful. It just left a lot of unanswered questions.

Such a perfect joke to have them end up calling Julian's bar that. "Push your boobs up girls, let's make some money tonight"

I'll go out to the video store and grab Don't Legalize It this week then. It boggles me that it isn't on Netflix. 

It's too new. Only came out earlier this year.

I just noticed that Netflix has "Trailer Park Boys: Live In Fucking Dublin" up right now. It's awesome.

I was lucky enough to see them on tour a few years ago, can't remember the name of the tour, and they were great live.

Figured I would never see them in Nashville again. And so far I've been right.

That show has the best chemistry of any show I've ever seen.

Been watching a lot of TV lately (out of work with an injury) heres some random thoughts;

Luther- think there was a bit of debate about this show a while back (FSW and a few others maybe?) Anyway I enjoyed it immensely. Id rank season 1 as one of my favourite seasons of TV ever, its full of plotholes but really enjoyable. Srason 2 was ok but Ripley being tortured and showing up next episode with nothing wrong was where it started to slide for me.

Idris Elba is fantastic in it but he's written like the WWE writers write Cena.

Fargo- Amazing. Great camerawork, great acting,great characters. Billy Bob Thornton is great, cant stand Colin Hanks. Martin Freemans character gets more and more deplorable as the season goes. Just an awful person. Bob Odenkirk is great in it too.

Bates Motel-gave up after 4 episodes, feels like they tried to cram too much in. Good acting by the 2 leads though.

My options for the next thing to watch are as follows;

Justified series 2-4

Boardwalk Empire 3&4

Friday Night Lights

Masters of Sex

Mad Men 3-6

House of Cards S2

All opinions are warmly welcomed thanks for reading my waffle.