DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

I saw that Aaron Eckhart is doing a WWE Studios movie with Mark Henry. Plus, he's doing a movie about Vinny Pazienza with Miles Teller as Vinny Paz. Boy, talk about a career low. He must have pissed off the Joozians.

I saw that Aaron Eckhart is doing a WWE Studios movie with Mark Henry. Plus, he's doing a movie about Vinny Pazienza with Miles Teller as Vinny Paz. Boy, talk about a career low. He must have pissed off the Joozians.

The studios aren't giving him that great of roles after I, Frankenstein tanked so badly.  But WWE movies are usually easy paychecks for actors, the shooting schedules for those movies are never more then a month and change compared to other movies which are 3-4 month shooting schedules.

That was pretty much why Patricia Clarkson did Legendary, IIRC. The woman has like, 3 emmys and has been nominated for oscars, she doesn't need to be doing it. But they were filming it in New Orleans, she could help out the city's economy and it was a decent paycheck.

Of Jedi Mind Tricks? I can't imagine a film being released in this new millennium that would set "Scarface" records for the *other* f-word.

Of Jedi Mind Tricks? I can't imagine a film being released in this new millennium that would set "Scarface" records for the *other* f-word.

They would cast Nick Cannon as Jus Allah and one of those Teen Wolf kids as R.A. the Rugged Man.

They would cast Nick Cannon as Jus Allah and one of those Teen Wolf kids as R.A. the Rugged Man.

I'd be down for a Jedi Mind film only if there's even the most remote chance that my joke - "Vinnie Paz looks like a dude with horrible sleep apnea; I bet he has to use a C-PAPPAPPAPPAP!" - makes the final cut.

I'm really hoping that some clever fan takes Peter Jackson's tedious 9-hour trilogy of Hobbit films and edits it into one pretty good 2.5 hour movie. It would probably be something like: Gandalf/dwarves recruit Bilbo -> forest with the spiders -> Benedict Cumbersmaug -> whatever the best part of this last movie is, probably a severely edited battle. 

No fucking elves. At all.

I'm really hoping that some clever fan takes Peter Jackson's tedious 9-hour trilogy of Hobbit films and edits it into one pretty good 2.5 hour movie. It would probably be something like: Gandalf/dwarves recruit Bilbo -> forest with the spiders -> Benedict Cumbersmaug -> whatever the best part of this last movie is, probably a severely edited battle. 

No fucking elves. At all.

If someone did their level best to pare it down to just what's actually in the novel (which does include elves, but not nearly as much, and no Legolas by name, and certainly not a dwarve/elf romance) I would be ever so thankful.