DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

I'm really hoping that some clever fan takes Peter Jackson's tedious 9-hour trilogy of Hobbit films and edits it into one pretty good 2.5 hour movie. It would probably be something like: Gandalf/dwarves recruit Bilbo -> forest with the spiders -> Benedict Cumbersmaug -> whatever the best part of this last movie is, probably a severely edited battle. 

No fucking elves. At all.

They could just use the Rankin/Bass version as a model.

Guest The Magnificent 7

That Mad Max preview is just incredible.  Such a relief.  So happy George Miller didn't pass it on to someone else, because he looks like's on top of his game with this. 

Though that Mad Max Fury Road thread I created a while ago got ZERO responses, and all of a sudden there's all these Mad Max fans coming out of the woodwork.  Where were you!?!?!  ;)

I'm really hoping that some clever fan takes Peter Jackson's tedious 9-hour trilogy of Hobbit films and edits it into one pretty good 2.5 hour movie. It would probably be something like: Gandalf/dwarves recruit Bilbo -> forest with the spiders -> Benedict Cumbersmaug -> whatever the best part of this last movie is, probably a severely edited battle. 

No fucking elves. At all.

See I'm the opposite. Three more hours in middle earth, even if NONE of it came from the original book. . . 

I thought I had posted the full trailer but I can't find it anywhere in the thread so yeah...

This movie is going to be fucking awesome.

If the end credits roll and Are You Experienced or Hey, Joe is playing, I will probably weep like a child.

I thought I had posted the full trailer but I can't find it anywhere in the thread so yeah...

This movie is going to be fucking awesome.

If the end credits roll and Are You Experienced or Hey, Joe is playing, I will probably weep like a child.

My understanding is they couldn't get the rights to any of Hendrix's music, so it's all generic Hedrixy-sounding music throughout the movie.

It was the same way when Wood Harris (yep that Wood Harris) played Jimi in that one awful biopic. No one is getting rights to that music so I dunno why people insist on making them. That was the whole problem with the new one with Andre from its inception.