DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Someone should tell Sandler that he's a cancer diagnosis away from Funny People being a biopic.

Sandler's so down the shithole that he was the only act booed at Festival Supreme last year.

Reminds me of Election for some reason. Looks good, though.

It started off looking [potentially] kind of dumb.  Then got really [potentially] brilliant.  And by the end was just really complicated.

Succeed or fail, it's going to be a pretty big deal.

So THE RING 3 is apparently going to happen.

Not unhappy to hear this. The Ring movies were pretty much the best of the Asian horror remakes craze...which isn't saying much but still

I wonder how they're going to get past the whole "No one has VHS" issue anymore. Samara making the move to blu ray perhaps?

I hope it's people looking down at their goddamned cell phones. The video goes viral and only the people with the capacity to not click on the fake cat video that is actually the cursed video survive. Our hero gets caught in the curse when one of her friends forces her to watch it or else she'll unfollow her on Twitter. Directed by Cronenberg preferably.

• Like 2

I disagree with that. The Ring was pretty awesome and plenty creepy, I've owned the DVD for years. The sequel was terrible. Good point about the VHS issue. Maybe it'll be ridiculous giant headphones that get you into deep shit.

The chase scene in the well made it worth it, but, overall, I'd agree it wasn't great. 

I thought one of the advantages the first film had over the Japanese original was it fleshed out the story a bit more and made it more coherent.

I didn't even realize until today that apart from the Hercules movie from the beginning of the year and the Hercules movie starring The Rock, there's also this...

Sorry, if this has been posted before.

I didn't even realize until today that apart from the Hercules movie from the beginning of the year and the Hercules movie starring The Rock, there's also this...

Sorry, if this has been posted before.

I'll be bold and say that looks better than the Rock version. It's campy, filled with awful acting (Morrison makes Megan Fox look like Al Pacino) and has a so-bad-it's-good vibe to it. Rock's version seems kind of dull.

I also love how a woman in ancient Greece can have such an obvious dye job.

I'll be bold and say that looks better than the Rock version. It's campy, filled with awful acting (Morrison makes Megan Fox look like Al Pacino) and has a so-bad-it's-good vibe to it. Rock's version seems kind of dull.

I also love how a woman in ancient Greece can have such an obvious dye job.

The critics are actually not too harsh on Rock's version.  See also: the weeping and gnashing of teeth in the blockbuster pool thread.

All I came away with was that I NEED that new version of Beyonce's Crazy in Love.

It looks like a Skinemax knockoff of "Secretary".

I didn't know what exactly the plot was outside of the S&M stuff but yeah...this appears pretty spot on.

I could be wrong, but I don't see how that doesn't go the way of Showgirls.

Not the worst thing in the world..

No, but I assume 50 Shades is going for something fairly serious.  And this is going to be a joke.  It's Twilight for the middle-aged mom crowd.

You know what?  I revise my original statement.  Showgirls is watchably bad, based on the clips I've seen.  This?  Won't reach that mark.