DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Who could forget such classics as this?

underdog-07.JPG

Underdog, 2007

A Beagle must use his newly-bestowed superpowers to defend Capitol City from mad scientist Simon Barsinister.

And this?

18lqtuviphfjzjpg.jpg

Knights of Badassdom, 2013

Live-action role players conjure up a demon from Hell by mistake and they must deal with the consequences

And what looks like the most bizarre idea for a movie ever...

Except for the Kevin James as President part, this latest one doesn't sound as bad on paper as Blended, That's my boy or Jack and Jill. Not saying I want to see it, or that it will be anything other than the drizziling shits, but when its on FX in a few years I might give it ten minutes. Which is more than I can say for his last few movies, high praise I know. . . .

Hey guys, come on.  This movie has a built in dramatic core!

"Come on, man.  The world needs you to play arcade games again."

"I can't do it, man.  You know what happened last time.  It's too....it's too...painful."

"But you were the best man.  You have to get past the past and move forward."

south_park_s04e09c02_five_members_16x9.j

LEAVE ME ALONE!  I WON'T GO BACK!!!! JUST EVERYONE LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!

I'll give everyone here $100 if this scene is not in this stupid fucking movie.

• Like 2

Hey guys, come on.  This movie has a built in dramatic core!

"Come on, man.  The world needs you to play arcade games again."

"I can't do it, man.  You know what happened last time.  It's too....it's too...painful."

"But you were the best man.  You have to get past the past and move forward."

south_park_s04e09c02_five_members_16x9.j

LEAVE ME ALONE!  I WON'T GO BACK!!!! JUST EVERYONE LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!

I'll give everyone here $100 if this scene is not in this stupid fucking movie.

That's not fair Mr. Sandler I'd have to see the movie to know if the scene is or isn't in the movie I see what your doing.

For the record, Pixels was filming in downtown Toronto in early June and my facebook feed was littered with friends' pictures.  Apparently the Sandler-Gad-Dinklage-whoever else team drives around in appropriately colored Mini Coopers with license plates that say Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde.  So, I don't know, if there are a lot of old video game references, I could see myself enjoying it more than Grown Ups (which is the only Sandler movie I've seen in the last 10 years).

Pacino for all he's accomplished in his career still has Gigli and Jack & Jill listed on his filmography.

Well, it was because he did those other roles that he could do these late in life roles for (presumably) large money.

First batch of movies announced for the Toronto Film Festival.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/tiff-2014-lineup-includes-the-imitation-game-while-were-young-nightcrawler-men-women-children-more-20140722

I gotta look at these more closely later.  I've heard of Foxcatcher, This Is Where I Leave You, Wild, and The Imitation Game.  There's something called The Drop with Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace and James Gandolfini (Gandolfini's still showing up in movies?) that I would probably see just based on those three alone.

Apparently there's a Pasolini biopic directed by Abel Ferrara, with Willem Dafoe as Pasolini.  Yikes.

Manglehorn David Gordon Green, USA North American Premiere

Angelo Manglehorn is a small town locksmith who never got over the love of his life. Clara was a beautiful, idealized woman who left him heartbroken 40 years ago. He still writes her letters obsessively as he tries to find her and get back the woman of his dreams. Manglehorn is the journey of this magical man, his son, his cat and a beautiful new woman trying to help him put the pieces of his heart back together. Starring Al Pacino, Holly Hunter and Chris Messina

This sounds like the first Pacino movie in years that I'm excited to see.