DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

I always liked when Bobby Walker would show up because Dusty Rhodes would babble about hard work for the whole match.

Robbie Walker was supposed to be Ron Simmons' partner in the 2 versus 3 Ghetto Rules Match cause in the ghetto the odds are always against you.  Got replaced by Too Cold Scorpio and was never seen again.  Few years later here comes Bobby Walker.  Some Davey Andrews/Davey Richards shit there.

I know Wikipedia says they're the same guy but I'm pretty sure Robbie Walker was a Florida guy and Bobby Walker came out of the Power Plant.

My friend Mike has a great YouTube channel with TONS of great Worldwide matches. Just search 'MrMonsoonClassic'

Thank your friend severely. We've discovered this channel in the past view months and it's a goldmine.

Here's a WAR style 6 man tag with Rick Rude/Jake Roberts/Cactus Jack vs Barry Windham/Dustin Rhodes and Barry Windham from the Halloween 1992 edition of the Power Hour.

Clones of Barry Windham? Must watch...

Here's a WAR style 6 man tag with Rick Rude/Jake Roberts/Cactus Jack vs Barry Windham/Dustin Rhodes and Barry Windham from the Halloween 1992 edition of the Power Hour.

Clones of Barry Windham? Must watch...

Inside a steel Barry Windham, godDAMN I'm such a scamp!

I don't know how people feel about Johnny B. Badd, but I really enjoyed the hell out of his WCW stuff. He did lots of fun stuff with Austin, with DDP, etc. I am not saying he's amazing, but he is a whole lot of fun.

Anyway, here's a ridiculous tuxedo match between Badd and Austin on Worldwide just because.

(And thanks to the person that showed me how to embed!)

I remember this was the first time I'd ever seen Chris Jericho and I remember immediately liking him.  He's in full on "Come on baby!" babyface mode.  

Not much of a match but Jericho does get to bust out the Lionsault which Schiavone and Heenan completely no sell.  

However, Jericho does get to finish with a MISSILE DROPKICK and I feel like that merits mention on this board.

• Like 1

Wrestlingdata has 12 Gambler wins in 81 matches.

Unaired WCW wins over Chad Brock, Randy Starr, Hog Hoggins. Some wins from his stint in the USWA. A win over Mike Winner at Center Stage 1994. The Scott Studd Match we saw might be his only WCW televised win

The same site also claims his last name is "Gamble"

Wrestlingdata has 12 Gambler wins in 81 matches.

Unaired WCW wins over Chad Brock, Randy Starr, Hog Hoggins. Some wins from his stint in the USWA. A win over Mike Winner at Center Stage 1994. The Scott Studd Match we saw might be his only WCW televised win

The same site also claims his last name is "Gamble"

OWW says his name is Jeff Gann.

Apparently he also had a stint in USWA and even held the tag titles there for a time.

I love the way Dusty would always mark over the jobbers.  There was this one guy called Louis Astaya or something like that and Dusty was a particularly big fan of his.  He got in the ring with whomever they were working and Dusty goes "Louis, A-staya-away from him!".