DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

Some matches I found in the listing I linked to a couple pages back, but can't find clips of which I would love to see from 1998:

John Nord vs Lizmark Jr 1/17/98

Greg Valentine vs Pat Tanaka 2/21/98

Ultimo Dragon/Kaz Hayashi vs Steve & Scott Armstrong 4/11/98

Mike Enos vs Bull Pain 9/26/98

Wrestlingdata has 12 Gambler wins in 81 matches.

Unaired WCW wins over Chad Brock, Randy Starr, Hog Hoggins. Some wins from his stint in the USWA. A win over Mike Winner at Center Stage 1994. The Scott Studd Match we saw might be his only WCW televised win

The same site also claims his last name is "Gamble"

OWW says his name is Jeff Gann.

Apparently he also had a stint in USWA and even held the tag titles there for a time.

Well, who didn't?

Also, Robbie (Hurricane) Walker and Hard Work Bobby Walker were different guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR7JOqJfk_M

So trawling the youtube channel mentione above I stumbled accross this.

Pillman vs. Bagwell featuring Austin & Shane Douglas.  30 second match and then all hell breaks loose.  Completely random, Bagwell seemed super over, all 4 brought the fire during the mayhem at the end.

Great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR7JOqJfk_M

So trawling the youtube channel mentione above I stumbled accross this.

Pillman vs. Bagwell featuring Austin & Shane Douglas. 30 second match and then all hell breaks loose. Completely random, Bagwell seemed super over, all 4 brought the fire during the mayhem at the end.

Great stuff!

Damn, those were some vicious-looking Stun Guns Austin was dishing out.

all this favorite jobber talk had me wondering if my favorite jobber of my WWF-watching youth had ever worked WCW...

...and there's Dale "Dusty" Wolfe right there

I think he gets more offense in in this match than he did in the entirety of his WWF prelim career

Chick Donovan still wrestles now.

And I like The Gambler but he's no Bob Cook.

Great camera work as usual from TBS' top production crew as they completely miss Cook's attempt to mock Sting by jumping over the top rope at the beginning of the match.

Chick Donovan still wrestles now.

And I like The Gambler but he's no Bob Cook.

Great camera work as usual from TBS' top production crew as they completely miss Cook's attempt to mock Sting by jumping over the top rope at the beginning of the match.

You like Bob Cook eh? 

• Like 1

The lack of uploaded Road Block to the interwebs is distressing. So in lieu of that - here is Mark Starr vs. Regal

EDIT - God I just noticed that the uploader appeared to type with his feet.

I looked it up and the Benoit/Eddy match was Benoit's debut on Nitro. It's on Youtube if you want to see the most vicious powerbomb ever. EVER.

Foley is incredibly thin here, without the hair and outfit you wouldn't think it's the same person. Pillman with the worlds highest dropkick was great. He almost ends his career seven years early on the Cactus clothesline which leads to some good psychology from Foley in working the neck.

I'll watch these later but post them sight-unseen because there's no way they aren't good.

• Like 1

Malia Hosaka randomly appears on WCW Worldwide in 1998 to take on the future Molly Holly

I enjoy that this is the third time this match has been posted in this thread.

Dean approves