DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

Man, I miss Worldwide.  Actually, I miss that whole routine as a kid.  It came on the local NBC affiliate at an ungodly hour on Saturday night.  So I would watch SNL, SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO and Worldwide.  I miss being a kid.

• Like 2

Mean Mark Callous aka The Undertaker vs. Dave Reardon.  HEART PUNCH~!

MM + HP = WT, BITCHES~!

Dear God, how great is Paul E at selling matches in promos? 

MEAN MARK IS OUT TO WIN TITLES AND END CAREERS~!  HE WILL TAKE THE FOOD RIGHT OFF OF YOUR SUPPER TABLE~!

Abby as a face is always wrong

Aw, I loved the brief Abdullah The Butcher FRIEND OF ALL CHILDREN run if only for the showdown between Norman / Abby and Kevin Sullivan / Cactus Jack where they all just bled buckets of plasma out of their heads.

That and the spot where Abby puts guys in a headlock and just punches dudes in the face and the throat.

Here is Mean Mark destroying Max Miles. 

The elbow drop at the 2:55-ish mark is fucking epic!

HarleyRacesLeftHand has a YouTube channel with Mark's run to the US title.  A road littered with the broken bodies of his enemies.

Mike Sampson & Robbie Idol vs. Norman The Lunatic and Abdullah The Butcher:

The injury waiver for this match should have three lines, Yes, No, and FUCK, NO!

Holy Jesus, the sight of BOAT CAPTAIN MIKE ROTUNDA in wacky pants and his boating getup with Norman and Abby...WHY WOULD YOU WANT THEM ON YOUR BOAT CREW? Abby I can get for fish-catching purposes, but what the hell could Norman do? Also, Cornette's way way way too fat in this video. He was out of shape in SMW at points, but this is the fattest I can recall him ever looking.

Jayzeus, JT, I hope that Mean Mark squash and the Hansen squash are in the Squash thread now.  That toprope walking the ropes elbowdrop was fucking CHOICE. 

So the Hansen squash had Rippa and me confused by the appearance of Tommy Rich.

And then we found this!

Mmmm, Hansen.

Jesus Christ, that match is fucking awesome.  Even Randy Anderson takes an assbeating.

• Like 1

So the Hansen squash had Rippa and me confused by the appearance of Tommy Rich.

And then we found this!

Mmmm, Hansen.

That was one bladejob and a non-Watts era DQ away from being truly amazing. How long did Stan last in WCW? And wow, Nick Patrick sans mustache!

More NJ in WCW

Kanemoto/Ohtani v. the American Males

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN8AJM9UkGY

Watch as Bagwell takes a Tree of Woe in an interesting way! Watch Tony sell more Heenan jokes than usual! Watch the kinda random out-of-nowhere "Fuck you, we'll get our finish, stop crying" finish!

Kanemoto/Ohtani v. Todd Morton/Doug Becker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0dU1rJgx0o

I might be easily impressed, but the quick spinning toe hold from Kanemoto looked pretty impressive (even if the finish had one flaw with the moonsault)

Also, impending NJ in WCW Worldwide matches from 12/17 and 12/24!

Jushin Liger v. Skip Brown / Kanemoto v. JL

Ohtani v. Bart Sawyer / Sasaki v. JL

Name redacted v. Big Train Bart is on 12/10

Hey, it's Uncle Zeb.... I mean mother fucking Dutch Mantel!

If you are honest with yourself, you really know you wanted Dutch to kill Paul Drake.  Drake could make you look like a million bucks, though.