DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

This feels the same as his half-assed explanation of why R2-D2 woke up. Again, take anything JJ says in public while the project is still going with a grain of salt. Someone else mentioned what reason would he have to do that and there's plenty of reasons why, not the least of which is that he habitually does this. Even after the Star Trek apology he continues to say this shit that isn't remotely transparent.

He would be better off not saying anything. At a certain point, people may not take kindly to how he seemingly trolls his own audience.

You've taken your first steps into a much larger world where we know JJ isn't as great as he thinks he is.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Vyvyan is in Star Wars VIII.

Vyvyan.

I am having trouble wrapping my head around what kind of role he could be playing.

Darling First Order Bully Boy. Give me some more lightsabers. You bastard. May the seed of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woman.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

You've taken your first steps into a much larger world where we know JJ isn't as great as he thinks he is.

I think JJ is plenty awesome and too many people give him shit for stuff he's not responsible for. On this though, it's the same as the R2 thing and the Khan thing.

I see him as a guy that REALLY wants to geek out on these super awesome properties, but he has to keep his lips shut, which leads to this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2016 at 1:55 PM, Craig H said:

This feels the same as his half-assed explanation of why R2-D2 woke up. Again, take anything JJ says in public while the project is still going with a grain of salt. Someone else mentioned what reason would he have to do that and there's plenty of reasons why, not the least of which is that he habitually does this. Even after the Star Trek apology he continues to say this shit that isn't remotely transparent.

He would be better off not saying anything. At a certain point, people may not take kindly to how he seemingly trolls his own audience.

Hey I cried when R2 came back to life like when Elizabeth reunited with the Macho Man!!!

• Like 1

I'll start getting kinda pissy if it ends up being a beat for beat remake of Empire.

I expect that shit out of JJ, not anyone else helming the rest of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

The light hearted fun with jokes crowd wins.

Rogue One headed for reshoots because execs thought it was too dark for a Star Wars movie.

Edwards said in a recent interview that this is supposed to be Star WARS..  and wanted a wartime feel to it which probably sounded cool on paper but then Disney got cold feet and said "wait a second, that could fuck up our family money" 

Shame because I really liked the trailer.

Not a big fan of the Star Wars prequels but Bryan Young’s spirited defense of them in How Star Wars Conquered the Universe (by Chris Taylor) is rather impressive.

Taylor: “Isn’t it inconsistent that in the prequels we see all this amazing new technology but by the time A New Hope comes around (in the future) it’s all kinda old-fashioned-looking and grimy and minimalist?”              

Young: “It simply shows how incompetent and corrupt The Empire is: They’ve let everything to go shit in the time they’ve been in power.” 

Me: “Wow…that is actually a great explanation for that.” 

• Like 1

The original trilogy and the prequels didn't feature the same planets outside of Tatooine, which was a dump in both, and in the sticks to boot.  So its hard to tell how far the galaxy had fallen Given the size of the death stars, and Imperial fleet, it wouldn't be a huge stretch to see that expenditure collapse an economy. As for the Alliance, rebel groups tend to be underfunded and have less than prime stuff any way. . . 

On 6/5/2016 at 4:43 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I don't know, twenty years is a pretty short amount of time for everything to fall apart that badly.

The subtle implication about the Empire/First Order during the movies.

Yeah, they're scary. Yeah, they're genocidal. But they couldn't ever competently rule anything.  Not properly. 

Hence why they keep pouring all their resources into building these planet-destroying lasers that keep getting blown up. This has happened three times now, by the way.  

Yeah, I can buy they were so selfish and lazy they let everything go to shit in those years.  

That's what happens in a dictatorship. 

Isn't it implied that the people building Death Star 2 were half-assing it for ages before Vader showed up and told them Palpatine is coming, look busy.

Also, the Rebel Alliance? Is that like Newcastle United, where it used to be a bunch of little rebellions that somehow all coalesced into one big one?