DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

I'll say it

Everything in the Thrawn trilogy read like bad David Eddings in a Star Wars setting to me. Did Zahn base it off his West End Games Star Wars d6 campaign?

James

• Like 1

I remember liking it when I read it, but that was probably 15 years ago now. I think Splinter of the Minds eye or Truce at Bakkura are much better examples when it comes to bad star wars books.  . . 

• Like 1

Not enough discussion on the sizzle reel. I thought it was pretty awesome. It looked like they pretty much doubled down on the war epic stuff, people were worried they were messing with the tone. I think everything looks great.  Edwards has a good mind for visuals also

The Han Solo Adventures book was absolute greatness, but Zahn and Anderson's books were both a good time too.

That said, I will never again watch a movie or cartoon from the multi-generational all-holy and infallible toy commercial that Lucasfilm craps out every decade. To me it's like watching a 1980's hasbro G I Joe skystriker commercial on a loop for two hours.

14 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

The Han Solo Adventures book was absolute greatness, but Zahn and Anderson's books were both a good time too.

That said, I will never again watch a movie or cartoon from the multi-generational all-holy and infallible toy commercial that Lucasfilm craps out every decade. To me it's like watching a 1980's hasbro G I Joe skystriker commercial on a loop for two hours.

straight_a_student.gif

• Like 2

I kinda wish the would take the now cannon parts of The Lego Force Awakens game and and animated them in a non-wacky way (those who play the Lego games know what I mean)

That way they could be watched and fill in some gaps without playing the game (not that I don't enjoy the game)

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I hope they narrow down the time a bit.  

Well it is definitely during the Primetime broadcast - so technically anytime between 8 - 11 PM EST

Most likely it will be during the 9 PM hour

• Like 1