DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

My favorite part is probably the badass female lead (won't lie, even though I'm not Fowler or anything), but I really kind of love the way they play with the musical themes to make you know you're in the world but that this isn't business as usual.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I need this soundtrack NOW. Like NOW now. Like why isn't it out already?

Do you really want to spoil the movie by getting the soundtrack?

No I still won't forgive Phantom Menace... well for many things....

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No I still won't forgive Phantom Menace... well for many things....

I pretty much just watch this YouTube clip whenever I feel some idiotic craving to pull Phantom Menace off of the DVD rack at my crib.

I quickly figure out that all I really wanted to do was watch the lightsaber fight.

and... OH SHIT, SON~!  ROGUE ONE~!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I need this soundtrack NOW. Like NOW now. Like why isn't it out already?

What Rippa said.  

My friend, Don (No, not that Don), got the soundtrack for PM about a week before going to see it in theaters.  

He was quite pissed off to notice that the title of the last track was THE DEATH OF QUI-GON.  SPOILER ALERT~!

Stay away from any copy of the soundtrack until AFTER you see Rogue One.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

My favorite part is probably the badass female lead (won't lie, even though I'm not Fowler or anything), but I really kind of love the way they play with the musical themes to make you know you're in the world but that this isn't business as usual.

I love this concept because there is a tragic Halo Reach thing going on that makes it sad because we know how most of this is going to turn out.  That's what makes this idea so brilliant.

Hopefully it will do what the prequel was supposed to do, only without the wooden actors, stupid dialogue, and infuriating retcon.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I pretty much just watch this YouTube clip whenever I feel some idiotic craving to pull Phantom Menace off of the DVD rack at my crib.

I quickly figure out that all I really wanted to do was watch the lightsaber fight.

and... OH SHIT, SON~!  ROGUE ONE~!

That is some top notch editing. And ah, the start of my Ray Park Obsession Years. I've watched some pretty awful stuff to see his ridiculous stunt work.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the Battle Droid was 0-0-0 from the Marvel Darth Vader comics. Then I remembered that 0-0-0 looks like C3PO. It's definitely one of the battle droids from the comics, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Turner now has the TV cable rights to all the movies

Global media company Turner has announced today they’ve entered a multi-year licensing agreement with Walt Disney Studios and 20th Century Fox, granting them the basic cable rights to the entire Star Wars film series. The deal includes the network premiere for five of the six original Star Wars films, last year’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens, this year’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and the next three yet-to-be-released films, including Star Wars: Episode VIII, the Han Solo spin-off, and Star Wars: Episode IX.

This deal, coupled with a separate arrangement with 20th Century Fox, means TNT and TBS are the only home on basic cable for all 11 films in the Star Wars saga.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Turner now has the TV cable rights to all the movies

Holy shit.  They already have a lock on the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies..  IIRC they still have the cable rights to The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, but IFC bought the TV rights to show Batman Begins uncut.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I could have sworn they showed them at Christmas time

You would be correct.  Spike showed the SW trilogy all day long on Christmas Day in an implied programming counter to the 24 Hours of A Christmas Story marathon that is tradition on TBS and TNT.

Which is why it is totally hilarious that Turner would buy the rights to all of the SW movies.