DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MARCH 2024

Shartnado

16 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Never heard of that. So it was legit and not an angle, he shot on the kids? (Be funny to know who the kids are, btw... hint hint)

I think it was an angle but maybe people were irritated? 

9 hours ago, sabremike said:

Or Tony could look in the mirror and realize his refusal to do something when the issues with Punk and The Elite started and deciding to ignore it and hope it went away is what led to everything going to shit. Punk doing what he did wasn't a matter of "If" but "When", if it wasn't Perry who set him off it would've been something else.

I think you are projecting. And if Tony Khan really believes that, why has Perry remained persona non grata in AEW?

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Never heard of that. So it was legit and not an angle, he shot on the kids? (Be funny to know who the kids are, btw... hint hint)

Death Match Kings (Necro & Mad Man Pondo) vs Anthony Franco & Matt Turner, Chikara Tag World Grand Prix night two. 19th February 2005. It's,not on YouTube, but it is on IWTV. So if you had a friend who had an IWTV, they could potentially watch it on the Discord).

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1

Seeing some people on Bluesky advocating for AEW to sign Motor City Machine Guns. I’ve liked their work that I’ve seen over the years (hate their theme song though). But also I feel like the fact I’ve been seeing their work since the early 2000s is a big point against them, especially with the style they wrestle. Then again, they’re both in their very early 40s. Given the already very full roster, I’m not sure if I’d sign them.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Seeing some people on Bluesky advocating for AEW to sign Motor City Machine Guns. I’ve liked their work that I’ve seen over the years (hate their theme song though). But also I feel like the fact I’ve been seeing their work since the early 2000s is a big point against them, especially with the style they wrestle. Then again, they’re both in their very early 40s. Given the already very full roster, I’m not sure if I’d sign them.

Exactly!  They’d be a great get 10-15 years ago.

• Like 1

So, clearly none of you have actually watched any MCMG matches recently. Neither of them has lost a step at all. If anything, Shelley is in better shape now than he was 10 years ago. They'd be a good get now. They absolutely still have it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

So, clearly none of you have actually watched any MCMG matches recently. Neither of them has lost a step at all. If anything, Shelley is in better shape now than he was 10 years ago. They'd be a good get now. They absolutely still have it.

Yeah, I'm on the side of absolutely sign the Motor City Machine Guns! I've loved everything I've seen from them over the past year or so. To my tastes they're every bit as valuable to the tag divsion as Okada to the Mens and Mercedes to the Womens.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

MCMG could also potentially help out the younger teams in AEW and ROH. I would think there's a place for them on almost any roster right now. Veterans who can still tear it up in the ring. 

That’s a good point, although at some point they need to actually push the youngsters instead of giving them hope matches.

22 minutes ago, zendragon said:

They would have been a great addition to a larger tag tournament, I did like what I saw of Shelly title run. You know what bring them in with the walking weapon as a trio

I really want to see Josh Alexander on a bigger stage. I was really disappointed TNA picked up his option. 

• Like 1

I did watch the Necro/Pondo vs ROH trainees Chikara match. It's not a shoot. It's stiff, but it's a rookie discipline match. It's like watching 2003 Bob Holly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

You've got to factor in ROH usage as well. Their names carry weight there too. Singles or Tag action.

• Like 1

I'd sign the MCMG in a heartbeat. If I were TK, I'd have them show up at Dynasty to confront whomever wins the tag titles, most likely FTR or the Bucks. I enjoyed their match with Jay Lethal against Wardlow & FTR. I think working with the MCMG could do wonders for teams like Private Party or Top Flight. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Octopus said:

Sammy G.... Is Mercedes cool with him after he made SA jokes about her? 

that thought popped into my head at work today and i came to post something similar. 

re: MCMGs. i'm fully aboard the "sign them" train. they can both still go. still hoping we get MCMGs/FTR somewhere at some point.

11 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Are the newest "Real Class" Jack Perry comments a surprise? He joined House of Torture after all. 

They are now the Jungle of Torture

20-AB73-F9-3-BCD-4040-A939-92-E05-F10267

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

MCMG would be an upgrade over the Hardys.

And it's not even close. It's sad and painful to watch the Hardy's anymore. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Sad 1

It’s certainly a better investment than shelling out again to only use “The Final Countdown” twice.  Not that I had any expectation of that.  

But the novelties of Bryan’s last run vs. the frugality of the day to day cost of running a major wrestling promotion.  I’m honestly stunned the MCMGs haven’t really been in my orbit of conversation.  What an oversight!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

MCMG would be an upgrade over the Hardys.

Actual motors would be an improvement over the Hardy's at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

MCMG could also potentially help out the younger teams in AEW and ROH. I would think there's a place for them on almost any roster right now. Veterans who can still tear it up in the ring. 

To this point: they're also guys who haven't appeared regularly on any TV outside of TNA, so their 'TV age' is a lot lower than one would assume, given their longevity.

You're 100% correct on everything, but I want MCMG themselves to have a nice run before settling into that opener/vet role kind of currently filled by guys like Sydal and Daniels

In a perfect world, MCMG is presented in AEW similarly to AJ Styles when he first arrived on WWE TV

• Like 2