DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MARCH 2024

Shartnado

CMLL vs. AEW show spoiler:

Spoiler

The CMLL's Blue Panther/Ultimo Guerrero/Mistico/Volador Jr. defeated AEW's Bryan Danielson/Jon Moxley/Claudio Castagnoli/Matt Sydal at CMLL's Homenaje a Dos Leyendas. It was Bryan Danielson's Arena Mexico debut.

Afterwards Bryan Danielson issued a singles match challenge to Blue Panther for next Friday night's Arena Mexico show on April 5, which Panther accepted. Bryan Danielson had wanted this for many years. Nice one. What a bucket list of dream matches Bryan is ticking off.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, zendragon said:

they have been making a big deal about her being undefeated

May be an image of text that says 'FROM THE DESK OF "TMELESS" TONI STORM TO: Antony Khan Warner Bcc: Sam Muchnick Dearest Mr. Khan, I deem Below is a list of wrestlers my enemies list and shall never to be lowed to face me for my title. Deonna Purrazzo Thunder Rosa wendi Richter Penny Banner Marlene Dietrich Please ring me at your soones't convenience, ence, will if not answer it is because be giving some woman named Stella acting lessons. Kisses "Timeless" Toni Storm'

I told you she was in a blood feud with Marlene Dietrich!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

CMLL vs. AEW show spoiler:

Hide contents

The CMLL's Blue Panther/Ultimo Guerrero/Mistico/Volador Jr. defeated AEW's Bryan Danielson/Jon Moxley/Claudio Castagnoli/Matt Sydal at CMLL's Homenaje a Dos Leyendas. It was Bryan Danielson's Arena Mexico debut.

Afterwards Bryan Danielson issued a singles match challenge to Blue Panther for next Friday night's Arena Mexico show on April 5, which Panther accepted. Bryan Danielson had wanted this for many years. Nice one. What a bucket list of dream matches Bryan is ticking off.

i hope someone here links that spoilered match when it pops up online. 

14 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I told you she was in a blood feud with Marlene Dietrich!

Dig up the bones or have the spirit possess Mariah for a DEATH MATCH~~~

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

The logical next step for the whole Timeless saga is Jamie Hayter coming back as Bette Davis, and we have a What Ever Happened to Baby Jane angle.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

It was touched on in the weekly thread but as far as Adam Copeland goes, I hope he doesn't have a super long title reign as there are just too many younger wrestlers that could use the title as a stepping stone to move up the card/get a more regular schedule on TV. The whole reason he wanted the belt was to hurt Christian, and now he has, holding the belt for 6+ months just isn't necessary for the story. I know someone at his "legend" level you don't want losing on a random Collision, it'll probably have to be at least a mini-feud leading to a PPV match, but I hope they have a plan and didn't just plan everything up to the title win and now its just treading water while they figure out the next step.

I don't know if there was a plan past his initial feud, or maybe now he will pull a Bryan Danielson and the plan is just "have entertaining matches against wrestlers he always wanted to face on a weekly basis." Which isn't a bad idea, I enjoy his matches and I know he wants to stay active while his health allows it, it just doesn't need a belt long term.

• Like 4

Getting to see the title change hands in person was nice and all. But I think Copeland costing Christian the title by preventing The Patriarchy from cheating at the last PPV might have been the right call. They could still have had the same blowoff match and Garcia would benefit more from the title than Copeland.

• Like 1