DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Has anyone ever had a match at Royal Rumble and then one the Royal Rumble match?

Brock Lesnar in 2003. Defeated the Big Show to get in the Rumble. Eliminated Undertaker to win it.

I remember Brock Lesnar having to grab The Undertaker from eliminating himself before the required time.

Maybe I'm just tired of wrestling fans who constantly whine that wrestling needs the return of ECW, the NWO, and the Attitude Era and then everything will be great.

Personally I agree with this. But I don't mind folks talking about what happened during those eras, hell, lots of times I learn something I didn't previously know from the people here. It hasn't been bad on this particular board, but I've read others who are bad about wanting the good ole days back.

For example I had no idea Lita was in ECW

She was Miss Congeniality, a valet for Danny Doring. He proposed to her at a random PPV & used a condom instead of a ring on her finger. She wasn't around for long.

She also bit her toenails off on camera during a backstage segment.

Don't ask why I remember that.

Bossman, X PAC, Road Dogg, Ken Shamrock and Billy Gunn all had singles matches earlier and were in the Rumble main event in 1999.

The year of the 40 man Rumble Orton and Ziggler both worked both

And without looking - I am pretty sure it happened multiple times in the 90s when the roster was thinner

@WWEHOFerSunny

Great news! After a 3 1/2 hour wait at the docs today, my pathology report states that I AM CANCER FREE!!! NO RADIATION NEEDED!! Wooooooo!!

Similar "miraculous recovery" to Ian Rotten's.

How long until she starts selling copies of the pathology report and a pair of underwear she wore while ill for the low, low price of $99.99?

How long ago was she diagnosed?  This seems like a too quick turnaround, but I didn't pay much attention to the initial news, so maybe it's not as fast as it seems.

WCW's pay per view in December '94 was Starrcade that had Hogan/Butcher as the main event, Sting/Avalanche (ending in a DQ), Mr. T (!) vs. Kevin Sullivan, the 800th Nasty Boys vs. Harlem heat match, the dreadful Johnny B. Badd beating Arn and Vader vs. Jim Duggan.

Badd/Anderson was pretty good, and Vader vs. Duggan was the last good match of Duggan's career, and was shockingly excellent.  They just beat the living hell out of each other.

But, yeah, the rest of that show was garbage with a side of garbage.

Maybe I'm just tired of wrestling fans who constantly whine that wrestling needs the return of ECW, the NWO, and the Attitude Era and then everything will be great.

Personally I agree with this. But I don't mind folks talking about what happened during those eras, hell, lots of times I learn something I didn't previously know from the people here. It hasn't been bad on this particular board, but I've read others who are bad about wanting the good ole days back.

For example I had no idea Lita was in ECW

She was Miss Congeniality, a valet for Danny Doring. He proposed to her at a random PPV & used a condom instead of a ring on her finger. She wasn't around for long.

She also bit her toenails off on camera during a backstage segment.

Don't ask why I remember that.

I met her when she was working as Angelica/Angelina traveling with Christian York and Joey Matthews when they worked for MCW and other east coast indies.

WCW's pay per view in December '94 was Starrcade that had Hogan/Butcher as the main event, Sting/Avalanche (ending in a DQ), Mr. T (!) vs. Kevin Sullivan, the 800th Nasty Boys vs. Harlem heat match, the dreadful Johnny B. Badd beating Arn and Vader vs. Jim Duggan.

Badd/Anderson was pretty good, and Vader vs. Duggan was the last good match of Duggan's career, and was shockingly excellent.  They just beat the living hell out of each other.

Pretty much everything after Havoc 94, up to like, early 96 was buttcheeks.

• Like 1

I don't get why buttcheeks is a bad thing. Who doesn't like buttcheeks?

I don't get why buttcheeks is a bad thing. Who doesn't like buttcheeks?

It's what's in the middle.  (See, you can learn something on "Duck Dynasty.")

I can't remember the build-up to those matches at all. I assume they're terrible. I love Vader like everyone else but Hacksaw in that era was the pits. I'm sure the match was good but who cares? I'd rather watch Mikey Whipwreck and Foley.

I hate to sound stereotypical, but everything involving Hogan sucked. The rest of it was pretty entertaining.

Flair/Savage was definitely great overall, but whoever said Johnny B. Badd was dreadful is wrong. That dude was pretty good, and Badd/DDP was a really fun feud with a bunch of good matches. As for DDP, one of the pleasures of watching WCW in the mid-'90s is watching DDP get better with each match and start getting himself over with the crowd organically. 

Once Nitro hit in September of '95, they started working Malenko, Rey, Eddie, etc. into the shows so that the undercard gets really fun in a hurry, too. Lots more good matches than bad. 

It's just that the bad was comically bad (Hogan vs. Dungeon of Doom being the prime example).