DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Maybe I'm just tired of wrestling fans who constantly whine that wrestling needs the return of ECW, the NWO, and the Attitude Era and then everything will be great.

Personally I agree with this. But I don't mind folks talking about what happened during those eras, hell, lots of times I learn something I didn't previously know from the people here. It hasn't been bad on this particular board, but I've read others who are bad about wanting the good ole days back.

For example I had no idea Lita was in ECW

Why should anyone "just let ECW die already"?  Should we let the NWA "just die"?  Or Smokey Mountain, or WCW, or the glory days of AJPW?  I just don't get why there is the huge ECW backlash.  It was the best promotion going in the US for a while and people, like me, have very fond memories of the promotion.  Why should I let that "just die"?  The promotion is dead, but please.....LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALONE!!!!

If anyone here let WCW "just die", there would be next to no wrestling discussion on DVDVR. THEN WE COULDN'T TALK ABOUT BARRY WINDHAM!

• Like 2

Maybe I'm just tired of wrestling fans who constantly whine that wrestling needs the return of ECW, the NWO, and the Attitude Era and then everything will be great.

Personally I agree with this. But I don't mind folks talking about what happened during those eras, hell, lots of times I learn something I didn't previously know from the people here. It hasn't been bad on this particular board, but I've read others who are bad about wanting the good ole days back.

She was Miss Congeniality, a valet for Danny Doring. He proposed to her at a random PPV & used a condom instead of a ring on her finger. She wasn't around for long.

She was Miss Congeniality, a valet for Danny Doring. He proposed to her at a random PPV & used a condom instead of a ring on her finger. She wasn't around for long.

She also helped Dawn Marie paddle Tammy Sytch, which was probably the most-used (by ECW) clip ever involving Miss Congeniality.

• Like 1

Booking in 2000 ECW was largely done by Dreamer IIRC. Heyman was preoccupied with trying to save the company. The last 2 great ECW shows (debut at Hammerstein) were booked by Paul, which is one of the reasons they were great shows.

Has anyone ever had a match at Royal Rumble and then one the Royal Rumble match?

The first one that comes to mind is Bret Hart in '94. Bret & Owen vs. The Quebecers when Owen kicked Bret's leg out of his leg. Then, Bret & Luger were co-winners of the Royal Rumble.

Has anyone ever had a match at Royal Rumble and then one the Royal Rumble match?

The first one that comes to mind is Bret Hart in '94. Bret & Owen vs. The Quebecers when Owen kicked Bret's leg out of his leg. Then, Bret & Luger were co-winners of the Royal Rumble.

I sincerely don't try to be an asshole, per se, but my brain is about to explode; you know what I'm dying to ask, right?

• Like 1

I sincerely don't try to be an asshole, per se, but my brain is about to explode; you know what I'm dying to ask, right?
I was quoting Owen w/ that line. When asked by Todd Pettengill after the match why he did it, Owen said something then says "And that's why I kicked your leg out of your leg."

Brock Lesnar in 2003. Defeated the Big Show to get in the Rumble. Eliminated Undertaker to win it.

I remember Brock Lesnar having to grab The Undertaker from eliminating himself before the required time.

She also bit her toenails off on camera during a backstage segment.

Don't ask why I remember that.

Bossman, X PAC, Road Dogg, Ken Shamrock and Billy Gunn all had singles matches earlier and were in the Rumble main event in 1999.

The year of the 40 man Rumble Orton and Ziggler both worked both

And without looking - I am pretty sure it happened multiple times in the 90s when the roster was thinner