DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, just drew said:

The preceding announcement, has been paid for by the Drew World Order…

The Drew World Order of DMng people and calling them names while I have a DM from a well liked member of the board telling me about how you have a therapist and admit to having mental health issues over Adam Cole and The Jackson’s? Don’t start stuff unless you want your own stuff revealed pal. 

And btw we all know you’re just Paint By Numbers on a new account and that’s why you fixate on Cole and Baker.

Screw it I’ll post the DMs @just drew sent me to prove he’s harassing me:

I don’t think I said you’re mentally unstable. I’m saying it now, but I didn’t say it then.

Fwiw, I live in a home I paid cash for. I’m guessing you’re about 16, so you’d have no frame of reference for that, and you never will, but it’s a good feeling when I tuck my son in bed at night.

You are, without question, the most gotten to little bitch on this site. Imagine being so gotten to that you call for someone to be banned for having an opinion you don’t like. 

Also, neither adam Cole nor Britt baker is going to fuck you, so there’s no reason for this much “pick me” energy.

Begone, mark.

Also, you’re a pussy, pussy. 

“He doesn’t like my favowite wrestlew!!!”

Bitch ass mark.

Edited by LF2

7 minutes ago, LF2 said:

The Drew World Order of DMng people and calling them names while I have a DM from a well liked member of the board telling me about how you have a therapist and admit to having mental health issues over Adam Cole and The Jackson’s? Don’t start stuff unless you want your own stuff revealed pal. 

And btw we all know you’re just Paint By Numbers on a new account and that’s why you fixate on Cole and Baker.

Just Drew has been here for QUITE awhile at the same time as PBN and Pedro, not that it truly proves anything, but I just drew that out there...

Edit. Meaning I doubt it is the same person...

Edited by Shartnado
clarification
  • Like 3

For the record...

PBN/Pedro was logging in from Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas.  Just Drew is not.   And to the board's knowledge never has. 

They are not the same person. 

On the other side...  Don't send someone a PM telling them they're whatever it is you guys are saying to each other. 

Use the Ignore User feature.  Both of y'all. 

aew-dynamite-adam-cole-2-1673550791.png?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Hi folks, it's been a while! I made an ignominious exit from the board a few years ago when it was clear that I wasn't a fan of AEW on the level that other posters here were and I figured why spend week after week shitting on everyone's parade, right? (especially since others were doing that in such antagonizing ways that it often made genuine discussion impossible, thankfully they're gone) I've been watching AEW on and off since then and not really digging anything enough to talk about including going to Forbidden Door 2 to see Danielson/Okada (the only real dream match left for me) but I'm enjoying Collision quite a bit so I'd like to give posting here another go. Cheers!

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'm proactive. I have half the board on ignore including people I like. You just never know.

Test 🤞

Spoiler

12-C30355-B067-4-FC1-9-FAF-E33476006839.

—-

EDIT: by the way, I had an A+ post there and people will now only remember this forum feud. The type of post where fellow posters hoist me on their shoulders and shout to the heavens various “rofl” and “lol” and “be my friend, David” but we will never see that now. My moment in the sun will never happen. I feel like Wardlow as MJF threatened to fly away. Diminishing any hopes I had of being a main event we. No, I will merely be a footnote. 
What could have been. ☹️

Edited by Octopus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Test 🤞

Reveal hidden contents

—-

EDIT: by the way, I had an A+ post there and people will now only remember this forum feud. The type of post where fellow posters hoist me on their shoulders and shout to the heavens various “rofl” and “lol” and “be my friend, David” but we will never see that now. My moment in the sun will never happen. I feel like Wardlow as MJF threatened to fly away. Diminishing any hopes I had of being a main event we. No, I will merely be a footnote. 
What could have been. ☹️

Is it really that good for octopi to be in the sun anyway? Maybe they're doing you a favor so you stay hydrated.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

Is it really that good for octopi to be in the sun anyway? Maybe they're doing you a favor so you stay hydrated.

So what you’re saying is that internet infighting and creating spectacular situations that keep me relegated to B-level poster is what’s protecting me from my own hubris of flying too close to the sun like Icarus. And in fact everyone loves me and is protecting me from me? No one hates each other, they just love me. They really love me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

So what you’re saying is that internet infighting and creating spectacular situations that keep me relegated to B-level poster is what’s protecting me from my own hubris of flying too close to the sun like Icarus. And in fact everyone loves me and is protecting me from me? No one hates each other, they just love me. They really love me.

I'm afraid to say anything other than "I guess so?" to this one...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Octopus said:

... sure! We'll work on another form of Octopus assurance aside from internet trolling though.

5 hours ago, Octopus said:

Test 🤞

Hide contents

—-

What could have been. ☹️

Side note: if anyone remember's Test's original theme, my friend swore up and down for years that in the first line ("Here we go, bring your name, we can hold peace") they were saying "Buttcheeks". He was quite disappointed when I finally proved to him it was "Hold peace"

The theme, for reference:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

We'll work on another form of Octopus assurance aside from internet trolling though.

Sitewide moratorium on discussion of the deliciousness of takoyaki. Can't have any octopi getting concerned for their safety.

Anyway...since I should say something relevant to AEW: I haven't been watching much of the promotion this year. However - last night I caught the hour-long Cole/MJF "bromance recap" video that AEW put up on their Youtube page. Amazing stuff. If anyone reading this is in my position of not having kept up with AEW, track that video down and give it a shot. 

Edited by Teflon Turtle
  • Like 1

LOOOL all I ever think of when I think of Test is how he got released because he wasn't that good, and then a little while later pics circulated of him where he appeared to have gotten on that special diet JR was urging Tony Jones to get on in Beyond the Mat and suddenly Test was rehired.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Side note: if anyone remember's Test's original theme, my friend swore up and down for years that in the first line ("Here we go, bring your name, we can hold peace") they were saying "Buttcheeks". He was quite disappointed when I finally proved to him it was "Hold peace"

I think literally everyone hears something different in that song. The lyrics you posted sound nothing like what I'm hearing, as well as not making any sense. I always assumed it was just random gibberish. It is a pretty banging theme though.

3 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Can I tell you a Test story?

Back in 99 he frequented a nightclub I hosted at and Kanyon was also in town filming the Jesse Ventura movie. I introduced them at the height of the Monday Night War.

Both were really nice dudes.

RIP to them both 🙏🏽

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

In case you don't have enough to watch between 5 hours of AEW and the G1, here's an hour and 25 minutes of highlights from 2019-2020 AEW, including title changes and debuts. Official video.

With this and the FTR compilation video, they have been doing some outstanding fan service on YouTube recently. Here's hoping we get more of these.

Edit: We are DEFINITELY getting more! The 2021 one is airing live on YT right now.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1