DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

Tony Khan update on Bryan Danielson and Jamie Hayter:

"Well, those are two great talents to the top stars in AEW, Jamie Hayter, and of course the American Dragon, Bryan Danielson. They're different situations. I think there's a little more clarity as to when Bryan Danielson will be back from his injury. I am very excited to get Bryan back. I don't want to put a timetable because it's a challenging injury and a tough recovery, but I'm very confident Bryan will be back later this year. I'm still not sure when Jamie Hayter will be cleared and she doesn't know and we don't know, but hopefully sooner rather than later. Bryan, I am very confident you'll see in a matter of months though."

No way Bryan Danielson was going to be back for All In or All Out with his badly broken arm vs. Kazuchika Okada at Forbidden Door and probably other injuries too. Worrying there's no time line for Jamie Hayter. Get well soon to both xxx.

LuFisto just out here burning all sorts of bridges. Apparently Ruby Soho called her a French Canadian asshole, shit talked about her to Dustin Rhodes, and LuFisto then said Skye Blue is either void of a personality or isn’t allowed to talk backstage because she’s… quiet?

I don’t even know what’s going on but sans a fist fight, the drama with the women’s side of the locker room makes the Punk vs Elite stuff look weak in comparison. Good lord.

She’s right though, TK does not give a shit about the women’s division. The odd featured match does not make up for the absolute bare minimum effort put in most of the time. 3 matches a week, almost always at the same spots in the shows

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, elizium said:

She’s right though, TK does not give a shit about the women’s division. The odd featured match does not make up for the absolute bare minimum effort put in most of the time. 3 matches a week, almost always at the same spots in the shows

My advice is you always gotta put the women in different positions.

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, now I remember. Is this groundhog's day? If I know my pro wrestling, I find that bitching from the sidelines always is effective.

• Haha 1

It seems like Lufisto bigger issue is with how Britt Baker seems to run the women's division and backstage and especially how Thunder Rosa was handled.  It wouldn't be the first time Britt has been the issue with people inside and outside the company.  But while trying to do this she decided to hit a couple animals just lying on the road for no reason.  Not helping her argument.  Like Skye Blue being quiet has nothing to do with anything.  

The idea that Tony wants to make the women's division a "Diva" thing isn't necessary holding water either given who they have as champions now.  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, The Natural said:

Tony Khan update on Bryan Danielson and Jamie Hayter:

"Well, those are two great talents to the top stars in AEW, Jamie Hayter, and of course the American Dragon, Bryan Danielson. They're different situations. I think there's a little more clarity as to when Bryan Danielson will be back from his injury. I am very excited to get Bryan back. I don't want to put a timetable because it's a challenging injury and a tough recovery, but I'm very confident Bryan will be back later this year. I'm still not sure when Jamie Hayter will be cleared and she doesn't know and we don't know, but hopefully sooner rather than later. Bryan, I am very confident you'll see in a matter of months though."

No way Bryan Danielson was going to be back for All In or All Out with his badly broken arm vs. Kazuchika Okada at Forbidden Door and probably other injuries too. Worrying there's no time line for Jamie Hayter. Get well soon to both xxx.

Meltzer:

“Bryan Danielson got his surgery for his broken arm on 7/3 and that the time was told three months before he could return, although it’s possible he could beat that by a week or two. All In and All Out are out, Wrestle Grand Slam doesn’t look good but I don’t want to say impossible, but he should be back in October

-Dave Meltzer

---

It might be the first time Bryan Danielson misses Grand Slam Dynamite, the biggest Dynamite of the year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Meltzer:

“Bryan Danielson got his surgery for his broken arm on 7/3 and that the time was told three months before he could return, although it’s possible he could beat that by a week or two. All In and All Out are out, Wrestle Grand Slam doesn’t look good but I don’t want to say impossible, but he should be back in October

-Dave Meltzer

---

It might be the first time Bryan Danielson misses Grand Slam Dynamite, the biggest Dynamite of the year.

So out of curiosity what’s your ideal Grand Slam Dynamite match for him if he beats the time table? I’d love to see Orange Cassidy survive Mox at All Out with Bryan being the final boss character and have him be the one to finally unseat Orange as the International Champion. I get Bryan not wanting the main title, but after OCs run they really need someone to keep the prestige of that title and to me there’s no better choice than the American Dragon (even though I’d put Jay White as a good second option).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LF2 said:

So out of curiosity what’s your ideal Grand Slam Dynamite match for him if he beats the time table? I’d love to see Orange Cassidy survive Mox at All Out with Bryan being the final boss character and have him be the one to finally unseat Orange as the International Champion. I get Bryan not wanting the main title, but after OCs run they really need someone to keep the prestige of that title and to me there’s no better choice than the American Dragon (even though I’d put Jay White as a good second option).

Good question. I like your suggestion of Orange Cassidy vs. Bryan Danielson. Pains me the greatest wrestler of all time is so selfless he won't hold the AEW World Championship. Bryan Danielson vs. Jay White would be a dream match.

• Like 1

Meltzer:

Regarding Jamie Hayter, she isn't expected back until February. The former AEW Women's World Champion hasn't wrestled since Double or Nothing 2023 in May. 

"The current estimated return time for Jamie Hayter is February, due to various injuries, although that’s at best a rough estimate," Meltzer wrote.

Thunder Rosa has been training for an in-ring return but is not expected back in time for All In. 

"As of this week, add Thunder Rosa to the list of those who are not expected back in time for Wembley although she is training for her return," Meltzer wrote. 

Sucks Jamie Hayter's out so long. It's coming up to an entire year for Thunder Rosa this month, 10th of August.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I am at work so I don't have time to watch yet, but going by what's been posting here, is she basing all her information on just doing one shot with AEW and some anecdotal evidence? At least with Swole, she had been working there since the beginning or close to the beginning.

• Like 1

Phew. That all sounds... real, real bad. It's no wonder we don't have any matches to ponder over in the Wembley thread too, reading that. As far as it only being based off a one-shot, well it seems bad enough that she didn't need a longer stint to get a grasp of things. 

I'm betting Nyla Rose is one of the unnamed women and someone I'd like to get an opinion from. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Good question. I like your suggestion of Orange Cassidy vs. Bryan Danielson. Pains me the greatest wrestler of all time is so selfless he won't hold the AEW World Championship. Bryan Danielson vs. Jay White would be a dream match.

Now see the discussions I get to have (and greatly enjoy) with you are a big part of why I stay here. I love that Danielson is clearly your guy, but you frame your opinions in ways that allow for fun talks. Plus you end up pointing out a match that both of us would consider a dream match (Danielson vs White). 

I hope at some point Bryan does decide to be champion even if it’s for a month or so, and he builds up the next mega heel when he drops it (Jay White would be a perfect fit for that scenario).

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I am at work so I don't have time to watch yet, but going by what's been posting here, is she basing all her information on just doing one shot with AEW and some anecdotal evidence? At least with Swole, she had been working there since the beginning or close to the beginning.

It’s off of one-event and a very awkward backstage experience. Worth a read if you get into the behind the scenes drama but quite a lot to scroll through. 
To quick sum it up:

- QT and LuFisto bump into each other and QT asks if she’d be interested in coaching.

- she travels out to whatever state the episode is being shot. A lot of medical tests were asked but waived due to short notice. (Blood, COVID, etc)

- Backstage seems disorganized. She was hoping to talk to Tony but he’s said to be busy and she never does

- Bunny keeps asking her “what are you doing here?” 

-Claims to be mean mugged by Ruby, Bunny, and Sky Blue. Sky Blue seemed quiet and being told what to do which was a weird thing to include. 

- locker room Factions shit talking and gossiping about each other.

- Previous awkward moment with Ruby a few years ago, I guess. Maybe they hurt each other or something? Idk

- she thought Ruby talked to Dustin behind her back and he joined in on the mean mugging. Cold and awkward to her. Said all French Canadians were assholes and then Dustin teased Evil Uno or something.

- Jade seemed cool. Mentioned Jade working out with Danielson.

- Unnamed worker told her it was always confusing and they were told last minute what the Gameplan is.

- Thunder Rosa was chilling by herself

- claims Bunny or Ruby (I forget which) told her to do certain things in the match that made her look bad. Dustin then said she was bad.

- she said she asked multiple people about her match and was given a “I’ll watch later” or “it wasn’t too bad” type answers.

- she makes a vague passive aggressive tweet recently.

- a few workers she doesn’t want to reveal said it’s always like that. There was even a meeting about Thunder Rosa and something something Thunder’s defenders were sent home.

- she clarifies that her tweet wasn’t about Brit. 

I read this all late last night when I was tuckered. So I recommend reading it yourself in case I’m unreliable. I’m m at work and casually irritated. So I’m on here talking about HOT GOSS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Now see the discussions I get to have (and greatly enjoy) with you are a big part of why I stay here. I love that Danielson is clearly your guy, but you frame your opinions in ways that allow for fun talks. Plus you end up pointing out a match that both of us would consider a dream match (Danielson vs White). 

I hope at some point Bryan does decide to be champion even if it’s for a month or so, and he builds up the next mega heel when he drops it (Jay White would be a perfect fit for that scenario).

Thank you. I enjoy conversing with you too. Truly.

• Thanks 1