DVDVR Message Board

August 2023 Wrestling Discussion

We begin August with SummerSlam!   We end with All In! 

But with his passing yesterday, I'll take a moment here to remember the best Raw host of all time (non-Muppet division):

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Is there a more punchable person in wrestling right now than Seth Rollins?

Oh wait, Logan Paul is back. Nevermind.

He always seemed punchable going back to Tyler Black and the Age of the Fall days. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Sammy Guevara did his best, but Seth wins on continued relevance.

Based on observed striking defense you have to mention Ronda Rousey and the other Horsewomen who trained at Glendale Fight Club. Marina Shafir might be the objective answer to the question.

Edited by John E. Dynamite

4 hours ago, Peck said:

Speaking of punchable, is Jordan Oliver still around?

Hell yeah he is, he fucking rules. Half of the GCW tag team champs with Nick Wayne, as the East West Express, and current JCW champion, which he won by winning the Jersey J-Cup tournament

Edited by elizium
  • Like 2

Was trying to come up with a different answer but I think Logan Paul takes it forever. How this dude wasn't just launched into the sun after the suicide forest thing completely escapes me. Fuck that guy with the business end of a weed whacker.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well ok then.

In case it doesn't embed, this is from today's WWE earnings report: "WWE's disclosure in 10-Q today: "On July 17, 2023, federal law enforcement agents executed a search warrant and served a federal grand jury subpoena on Mr. McMahon. No charges have been brought in these investigations." 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Well ok then.

In case it doesn't embed, this is from today's WWE earnings report: "WWE's disclosure in 10-Q today: "On July 17, 2023, federal law enforcement agents executed a search warrant and served a federal grand jury subpoena on Mr. McMahon. No charges have been brought in these investigations." 

Maybe they were looking for more of Vince's orange friend's stolen documents.

33 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Maybe they were looking for more of Vince's orange friend's stolen documents.

Occam Razor suggests that this probably has to do with him paying of his mistresses, but there's also a non-zero chance it's related to the financial side of the J6 stuff.

My sense is that the federal grand jury probe is going to tie in with the WWE having to restate its earnings to the general public because Vince used a WWE check for his hush money payments. That's the absolute biggest no-no a publicly traded company can do. Also, the Biden Administration is really, really, really cracking down on Wall Street abuses. Just my sense from writing about this stuff... 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Occam Razor suggests that this probably has to do with him paying of his mistresses, but there's also a non-zero chance it's related to the financial side of the J6 stuff.

I know, I'm just kidding.

Holy shit, @Cobra Commander, I never considered that.  Unreal.

I bet Vince has the best physical therapists working around the clock to he can get back to his favorite pastime of (checks notes)...using his corporate power to coerce women into sex.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I bet Vince has the best physical therapists working around the clock to he can get back to his favorite pastime of (checks notes)...using his corporate power to coerce women into sex.

you gotta have a healthy spine to lay on your back and fuck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1