DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 6/21 - 6/26/2023

Dolfan in NYC

FOUR BIG SHOWS!   OVER TEN HOURS OF AEW!   THAT'S A LOT! 

so..... for those who aren't in the monthly topic, we're starting weekly threads! 

For those with complaints about this... please see my secretary...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Thank you. 

Enjoy your week!

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

All hail weekly Elite. All hail weekly Elite. 

(until we get Quake by the Lake 2, then it will be a golden pinned separate thread and followed by a series of subsections commemorating its glory until Quake by the Lake 3)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Dolfan’s secretary just threw booze in my face, WTF. 

Waitaminute, that's the same asshole who flipped off my kid at an autograph session! The fuck, Dolfan?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Dolfan’s secretary just threw booze in my face, WTF. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Waitaminute, that's the same asshole who flipped off my kid at an autograph session! The fuck, Dolfan?

Maxwell, and I, facetiously apologize.  He was very busy and stressed.  To alleviate this, I have hired an assistant for him.

danhausen-mjf.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

(Hang on. Will append thoughts shortly. Need to switch browsers. Firefox for posting videos. Chrome for typing words).

OK. Here come the words:

Thought of posting a "Homer buying monkey paw/frogurt" gif here. Because, for me, this is a pretty f'n "That's bad/that's good" show. 

Ahead of Sunday's Forbidden Door, Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara and Minoru Suzuki team up to face Action Andretti & Darius Martin & AR Fox.  Arghh! So good! Minoru F. Suzuki in AEW!  O, How I love thee, Forbidden Door season! And Andretti to a certain extent and Fox abso-f'n-lutely prove that AEW is still able to take wrestlers fron "who?" to " hoo-ray! " in a,surprisingly short amount of time.  They are going to use speed and agility to avoid MiSu. Which will MAKE HIM ANGRY. I can hardly wait.

Concession Stand Brawl: Jeff Jarrett vs Mark Briscoe.

Maybe it's unkind of me to think this, buI hope Jarrett gets a glass jar of mustard busted on his ear, and it really stings.

Matt & Jeff Hardy vs Gunns 

Not everything on every show is going to be booked specifically to my particular tastes. And. That's O. K.

Orange Cassidy & Shibata vs Daniel Garcia & Zack Sabre Jr

Certain things on virtually every show are going to be booked exactly in accordance with my particular tastes. And, from where I am sitting, that is f'n spectacular!!!

Kris Statlander vs. Taya Valkyrie for the TBS Title

I am SO glad Stat is back. HOWEVER. There are very few women on the AEW roster I would less rather see Statlander fight than Taya. She does nothing for me, and I will always, unfairly, blame Taya for the way that the GREAT Nicole Matthews was treated as a joke to set up the VERY MEDIOCRE Taya's debut. 

Blind Eliminator Tournament for a shot at the AEW Tag Team Titles

NO idea. BUT Gordlow LOVES tournaments. 

- Adam Cole speaks

- No Jacksons, no Kenny, so maybe Punk shows up

- The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

One of the interesting lessons they seem to have taken from last year’s Forbidden Door is that they really don’t have to work hard to promote it on TV for it to be successful, so we see them continuing to focus the vast majority of their attention on their own ongoing stories that likely won’t feature at FD.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 6

I'm kind of hoping Jericho gets a little to bossy with Suzuki tonight and pisses him off. Some kind of tag or six-man with them on opposite sides would be fun at FD.

I'm also hoping that the OC/ZSJ tag leads to a singles match between them.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Log said:

I'm kind of hoping Jericho gets a little to bossy with Suzuki tonight and pisses him off. Some kind of tag or six-man with them on opposite sides would be fun at FD.

I'm also hoping that the OC/ZSJ tag leads to a singles match between them.

My brain is no good today - was that Suzuki who chopped Jericho so hard he busted his chest open either with his hand or on his cross somehow? I feel like it was either him or Ishii. I am bringing shame to my family rn, I know

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

My brain is no good today - was that Suzuki who chopped Jericho so hard he busted his chest open either with his hand or on his cross somehow? I feel like it was either him or Ishii. I am bringing shame to my family rn, I know

Pretty sure it was Ishii.

• Thanks 1

Murder Grandpa is a must for Forbidden Door. For a bit of fun, you can only pick six AEW talents and six NJPW talents to be on the show. Who do you choose?

AEW:

• Bryan Danielson.
  • Kenny Omega.
  • CM Punk.
  • #FTR (counts as one!)
  • Samoa Joe.
  • MJF.

NJPW:

• Kazuchika Okada.
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi.
  • Tetsuya Naito.
  • Minoru Suzuki.
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Shingo Takagi.

Feel bad leaving Orange Cassidy out.

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Looking forward to seeing the new additions to Forbidden Door.

Also looking forward to seeing how they're announced. Are we getting another subtitled Japanese promo filmed in front of a corridor wall? Wrestler getting on the mic after a match trying to remember all eight names in the tag they have to announce? Survivor Series-style 'the card says we're enemies' run in? Flashing them up on screen like the 'No' from last Dynamite? Excalibur just info-dumping it all at the end because they already have our money?

They've got four days to let us know the other half of the show but to be honest I'll be ok with the last one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Murder Grandpa is a must for Forbidden Door. For a bit of fun, you can only pick six AEW talents and six NJPW talents to be on the show. Who do you choose?

AEW:

• Bryan Danielson.
  • Kenny Omega.
  • CM Punk.
  • #FTR (counts as one!)
  • Samoa Joe.
  • MJF.

NJPW:

• Kazuchika Okada.
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi.
  • Tetsuya Naito.
  • Minoru Suzuki.
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Shingo Takagi.

Feel bad leaving Orange Cassidy out.

AEW:  Hangman, FTR, Danielson, Omega, Joe(v Ishii please), Cassidy

NJPW: Okada, Ospreay, Sabre Jr, Tanahashi, Naito, Ishii

• Like 1

Years from now, someone will look at a recap of this show, see that there was a tag tournament where partners were drawn randomly, and say to themselves "Oh, that explains Orange and Shibata vs. ZSJ and Garcia, then."

• Haha 4

things I remember from this week's edition of Dynamite

I don't watch with a high volume and it had been a few weeks since I watched and I didn't know the lineup beforehand so I thought the Young Bucks beat the Hardys in the open until I checked and realized it was the Gunns and not the Bucks. Which would explain the heeling. When did the Hardys get so fucked up that they dropped doing backbumps for the Twist of Fate?. Huge schmozz postmatch, Hardys disappear, and CM Punk shows up

The Concession Stand Brawl ends in the ring, naturally. Some fun spots.

I had to doublecheck to see if/why Jericho's teaming with Minoru Suzuki. Sting and Jericho in the same ring

MJF and Cole are teaming up?

CM Punk just had his PPV match announced in a graphic?

Some fun spots in the OC tag match

Statlander/Tara had some fun spots to go with the one sloppy apron spot

MJF had never been on Rampage before? We're still doing special things for Rampage?

Our main event is Eddie Kingston addressing his enemies talking. Here comes Moxley through the crowd. Moxley/KIngston is the sort of fight you'd see in a shitty bar about the conduct in a pool game. We got a brawl with the BCC and Kingston and friends. Naturally a 10 man tag must be built up by having a brawl like it's Survivor Series season. Okada just towers over Danielson. Danielson accidentally takes out Yuta and the Bull of da woods Kaz Okada stands tall at the end of the night.

See ya on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday!

• Like 3

What a horribly timed show tonight, lol.

But nothing else matters because Swerve/Tanahashi, Punk/Kojima and Billie Starkz/Athena all got announced tonight for various shows (Collision, the PPV and the Zero Hour respectively) and holy shit that’s fantastic.

I’m still sick of Ishii and Suzuki, sorry.

Sting & Darby probably got Shingo again, right?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

MJF had never been on Rampage before? We're still doing special things for Rampage?

Between this and Forbidden Door and all the TV matches lately, it's clear Tony's decided to work him to death in a futile attempt to get the belt off of him before the Bidding War of 2024. Scumbag promotor stuff, really taking advantage of the generosity of the Salt of the Earth. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Between this and Forbidden Door and all the TV matches lately, it's clear Tony's decided to work him to death in a futile attempt to get the belt off of him before the Bidding War of 2024. Scumbag promotor stuff, really taking advantage of the generosity of the Salt of the Earth. 

maybe they're taking the 1991/92 Luger approach of "accidentally" exhausting MJF's dates before he leaves the company a year early

(yes I know they don't do contracts that way anymore)

• Like 2