DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2023

This is the definition of spiraling. Why is everyone jumping to such stark conclusions based on Punk's name being kept hush hush on all this stuff. Isn't that the AEW playbook for him? They booked a building and named a show without announcing him when he came in. When he got hurt and returned it was a surprise. I didn't expect his name to be on anything today. He was just going to show up on June 17th. This is all PR & cover up for his name being found on the initial press release before someone was like no wya guys his return is supposed to be a surprise.

Him posting videos being annoyed with the reporting of stuff doesn't make me feel like all of this has blown up. Just the contrary. He's being talked about more today than he has been in awhile. He's keeping himself relevant. He's drumming up interest in himself. Not exactly the same as drumming up interest for AEW, I can recognize that. But that's how draws become draws. They use their own drawing power to make themselves a bigger deal and rises the tide for the company (theoretically).

All I'm going to say is if this all happens to be true somehow, and Steel was supposed to come back but they decided against it... that's not on Punk. Dude has not wavered from that detail. And had AEW agreed to it, then reneged... that's on them for breaking their word. But again I think this is mostly something being made out of nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Are we at the point yet where grown-ass 40something year old men like Punk and Steele, guys with money and good jobs, acting like they live by some “punk ethos,” is more cringe than hedge fund managers gassing up their Harleys for the weekend?

So much this. Nothing sounds dumber to me than some middle aged asswad being like “I’m just a punk rock kid from wherever the fuck.”

No, asshole, you’re a middle aged taxpayer having a midlife crisis. Shut the fuck up, put your new balance runners on, and mow the fucking lawn. Asshole.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Imagine getting handed 2 more hours of TV, and decide to upend and reorganize your roster into a split, for that mother fucker to blow it up same day, and pretend you have any control over that locker room now, and if you still bring him back.

You have to keep in mind, we are talking about a guy who is so entirely "out of his goddamn mind" that he actually thought he could fill Wembley stadium. Ha ha! Remember that? Crazy.

Spoiler

Vfmf6zb.png

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Even if Punk is this toxic sociopath people think he is, he's not all that wrong about wrestling journalism and certain types of "fans." 

I also think it's funny that people said it's a show of MALCONTENTS while Orange Fuckin Cassidy is on the poster 🤣

16 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

You have to keep in mind, we are talking about a guy who is so entirely "out of his goddamn mind" that he actually thought he could fill Wembley stadium. Ha ha! Remember that? Crazy.

Reveal hidden contents

Vfmf6zb.png

Ooooh, recepited me on a totally different conversation, how Punk of you.

For the record, I was wrong about Wembly, but it wasn't ridiculous to think that a company in a new market running said market's 2nd biggest building and the biggest building the company itself has attempted was unwise, but they pulled it off without a card.

Now, there's a world of difference between running a 90k building and accomidating someone that already took a steaming dump on you and your execs in front of God and the world then started a scuffle in front of HR, and not only didn't get punished (he was injured anyway), but they were bending over backwards for him, for him to blow up again the second someone hurt his feelings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Ooooh, recepited me on a totally different conversation, how Punk of you.

Not at all. That post is from the last couple months. If he wanted to be Punky, he’d be showing you someone else’s direct message from a decade ago. That’s what the champ does. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Latest On CM Punk’s Conversations With AEW, How Ace Steel Is Involved

Fightful Select has posted a new report with additional details on the situation. According to the report, Chris Jericho mentioned during his meeting with Punk that there was a possibility of Steel returning in some capacity, with the belief being that everyone working together could relieve some of the tensions between the various sides and show everyone was willing to do business with each other. The site adds that during a meeting with AEW and Punk this week, AEW said to Punk that Steel would be able to return and work directly with Punk. However, it was made clear that Steel would not be able to be at TV tapings.

Punk disagreed with that decision, though the report stresses that there’s no word on how Punk specifically reacted other than the notion that he didn’t agree. There is not yet word on whether this is related to Punk not being revealed during the AEW Collision announcement, nor whether it has anything to do with the statement they made that Punk is not “affiliated with TNT’s AEW Collision.” It is also noted that Punk ideally did not want his return announced via the Warner Bros. Discovery press release. While he was obviously removed from the press release, Fightful has not received word as to why.

The report additionally notes that there were plans for an AEW crew to film content at Punk’s home today, but there’s no word on whether it happened.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Casey said:

The first episode is most likely happening at the United Center in Chicago, sooo…

Location TBD once he finds out whether that United Center deposit was refundable or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

55 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

You just knew Bix would try to jump in on this. That guy is a clout chasing buffoon.

Bix, getting mad at someone for a baseless accusation that someone is a sexual predator? 

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? A little?

• Like 5

Just now, AxB said:

Bix, getting mad at someone for a baseless accusation that someone is a sexual predator? 

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? A little?

It's like raiiiiiiinnnnnnnn

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, matt925 said:

Bix is on my good traders list from 23 years ago so I’ll vouch for him if you need a wrestling tape. 

Just because you mentioned this an old online friend of mine is still waiting for Bix to pay for some tapes he sent him probably a couple decades back now, so make sure to get your money upfront. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh yeah, the actual Punk stuff: I would have automatically assumed work... except this is upfronts day and I can almost guarantee it is the last day AEW would try something like that. It's the difference between getting into a fight with someone... and getting into a fight with someone at their wedding; same action but it'll be received much differently.

Don’t care at all that Punk doesn’t get along with the Elite or Cabana or whoever. Don’t care at all if he is holding them up over Ace Steel (lol). Absolutely don’t care if he is bullying Alvarez online (only a true poster would have that email saved). 100% don’t care whether he is good or bad for Tony Khan’s wallet in the grand scheme of things.

I can not wait for Collision. I absolutely want heel Punk pissing all of you off every week on TV or otherwise AND I NEED PUNK/JOE 4~!

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I also think it's funny that people said it's a show of MALCONTENTS while Orange Fuckin Cassidy is on the poster 🤣

With OC, it's just a matter him not giving a rats ass about what show he is on. He probably thinks it was just a photo-op for the next Episode of Rampage, or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2