DVDVR Message Board

April 2023 Wrestling Discussion

Vickie's response being not to deny it, shit on her child for being raped, and then threatening said child with a lawsuit is a choice. 

Truly some otherworldly scumbag shit. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, SirSmUgly said:

Vickie's response being not to deny it, shit on her child for being raped, and then threatening said child with a lawsuit is a choice. 

Truly some otherworldly scumbag shit. 

She makes it pretty clear that she doesn’t believe the girl and implies several times the the girl has previously made up stories and put the family through a lot.  How much stronger of a denial do you want?

I’m not saying I necessarily believe her.  I don’t know the first thing about Vickie, the girl, or the family situation.  I find it impossible to have a valid opinion without more information..  I’m usually inclined to believe accusers, but people lie (now more than ever) and I’m not a rush to judgement type, so I dunno.

Bringing up the cars is odd, since it doesn’t seem to have much to do with the accusation one way or the other.

In any case, the daughter has since deleted the tweet.

Decided to get WWE tickets for an event in Fairfax in July. I haven't been to a WWE event in at least seven years and haven't been a wrestling event since 2018 but the show met my two criteria - its not in DC (I hate the transportation part) and its not televised (televised shows are such a slog). So it should be fun, maybe Asuka will be there.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Mario said:

She makes it pretty clear that she doesn’t believe the girl and implies several times the the girl has previously made up stories and put the family through a lot.  How much stronger of a denial do you want?

I’m not saying I necessarily believe her.  I don’t know the first thing about Vickie, the girl, or the family situation.  I find it impossible to have a valid opinion without more information..  I’m usually inclined to believe accusers, but people lie (now more than ever) and I’m not a rush to judgement type, so I dunno.

Bringing up the cars is odd, since it doesn’t seem to have much to do with the accusation one way or the other.

In any case, the daughter has since deleted the tweet.

Well, I note that she never says, "My husband never sexually assaulted her." That is the strongest possible denial of the claim, no?

Instead, Vickie says NO U and distracts with stuff about cars and court.

I can't imagine that this didn't stick out to you? The complete lack of addressing the claim and muddying the waters with all sorts of irrelevant counter claims? You know, the thing that people (now more than ever) do to distract from legitimate accusations?

Edited by SirSmUgly
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DJ Hero Morganti said:

House shows are awesome.  I went to one last year when they were in Oakland CA.

I had such a great time at the last one I went to years ago (and we got a banger main event, too - Mox/Styles/Rollins for the title). I coincidentally got an email this morning about a spot show up in White Plains, and actually considered it even though I haven't watched WWE in years - perhaps this post was a sign.

Edit: Not that anyone needed my two cents on this, but I definitely believe Sherilyn. It might be bias from personal experience, but MAN does this story have all the trappings of a Mexican-Catholic family: lying, shame, guilt, slut-shaming a SA victim, 'what about everything we've done for you.' This is, of course, to say nothing of Chavo Jr. supporting her publicly (and God bless him for that). I hope everyone involved can find peace. 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

The house shows are great.  The 9 year old has gotten into wrestling and he ended up one of 5 people booing Rollins and cheering Theory in the Main.  They also work 80's as fuck in house shows so it's a ton of fun watching everyone stooge, play to the back row, do tons of crowd work and not overdo it on bumps.  Even I was throughly enjoyed.

• Like 7

On 4/3/2023 at 3:13 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Presumably people pitching a fit about the result of a single match in a vacuum. 

TK did the same thing with Eddie vs Claudio, yet isn't getting the heat.   I think a lot of it is level of trust in the company, AEW/ROH fans trust the booking to pay off in the end, WWE fans have been burned too much.

8 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I haven’t been to a live show since 2010 or thereabouts, but I may go to a WWE show this year if Vince doesn’t manage to steer the product into a crater.

I’m headed to the last Raw before King and Queen of The Ring, and the first Smackdown after that. So I’m feeling confident that unless the Saudis keep Vince hostage that the company will still be going when I attend those shows. 

3 hours ago, matt925 said:

I’m gonna bring my boys to the next wwe house show that comes through here. 

I've been taking my nephew and his friends to WWE house shows for awhile and they're always a blast. We just went to one in Denver a week and a half ago where 9000 people were there. It was awesome.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Even though I (like most people) am not happy about Vince seemingly taking back some control of creative, I do think a lot of the reports are way overblown as far as the roster reaction. I have no doubt some aren't happy about it, especially the ones Triple H re-hired. But seeing reports/arguments that Kevin Owens or Asuka or Becky or anyone else is unhappy just doesn't strike me as realistic. Most of the wrestlers signed when Vince was in charge. Owens, Sami, Styles, etc. all re-upped within the last two years when Vince had creative. I'm not judging them, everyone has their own priorities and their own relationship with Vince, but the fact is they had no issue before so why would they now?

I agree that it's over blown a bit, but it is certainly a real thing I believe. No matter how much Vince liked certain performers or they flourished under him, I can assure you NO ONE is happy the constant re-writes are back. No one is happy the stories that change on a whim are back.  Triple H & crew not having this gigantic leap in difference from Vince Raws is kind of a mis-nomer. On screen may have been pretty similar. But the way the talent & writing crew especially were treated under Vince sucks. No matter how much he pushed you.

As a worker you lay out a match then find out 10 minutes before the show goes live you're no longer working the same person and you gotta scrap it all because now you're working someone else and you only have 20 minutes to call the new match? That is infuriating. You think the writers who were allowed to go home at 5PM & have a life beyond WWE in the Triple H led way are going to be happy they are now back to being on call at all times and expected to answer 2am calls to answer Vinces's questions are happy?

Behind the scenes is probably even worse off than is being reported. They just know there's no real course of action Vince is now The Number Two Exec in a 21 billion dollar company. He's worth $3 billion dollars. He as bulletproof bulletproof gets.But even if he likes you is SUCKS a million times worse to work under him.

• Like 2

the one NXT show I went to in April 2017 had a card where some of the names are still around today

• Ruby Riot/Aliyah over Billie Kay/Peyton Royce
  • Dylan Miley over Cezar Bononi
  • Killian Dane over No Way Jose
  • DIY over Sanity
  • intermission
  • Tye Dillinger over Patrick Clark
  • Asuka over Sonya Deville
  • Hideo Itami & Aleister Black over Bobby Roode and Andrade

the current status for that card:

• AEW/WWE over last seen in Impact
  • hasn't been in the business for years due to various scandals over AEW Dark guy
  • Working in Britain over last spotted in Tennessee
  • active WWE & inactive WWE over working in Germany and not working
  • working in AEW over notorious sex pervert
  • active WWE over active WWE
  • and the main event of New Japan/AEW over inactive WWE/AEW
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jenalysis said:

TK did the same thing with Eddie vs Claudio, yet isn't getting the heat.   I think a lot of it is level of trust in the company, AEW/ROH fans trust the booking to pay off in the end, WWE fans have been burned too much.

Plenty of people weren't happy with the booking of Supercard of Honor (myself included), but the stakes were considerably lower. It's not even Tony Khan's top promotion, and Eddie (while generally a people's champion type of guy the last couple of years) hasn't been steadily pushed as someone ready to take the lead for either AEW or ROH.

man, you guys all seem to have a way different experience with WWE house shows than i have. i've been to 2 of them. one back in the early 00s and the other mid/late 00s, and both sucked. All of the faces went over, and the matches were very pedestrian. it was the complete opposite of "great" or "awesome". 

i've had a blast at all of the tv and ppv events i've gone to, but sincerely doubt i'll ever go to another WWE house show.

• Like 1

I took the boys to a RAW in Denver last year and that was a blast, but there were more people at the house show.

I also took just my nephew to AEW Dynamite a few months ago.   He barely knows anything about it. He liked it just fine and had fun. His favorite act was Top Flight. The funniest thing was it was his first wrestling show where it wasn't mainly families and kids. At some point a chant with " Fuck" in it broke out and he was carefully kinda clapping along with a look on his face that said, " Am I allowed to do this?"

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 5

If you want to include NXT, my last WWE house show was NXT in Asbury Park in 2019. I had to look up the card because the only thing I actively remember was KUSHIDA defeating Drew Gulak in a submission match. 

The Street Profits def. Dan Matha & Riddick Moss (w/ Robert Strauss)

* Candice LeRae & Io Shirai def. Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir

* Punishment Martinez def. Keith Lee

* Undisputed ERA (Kyle O'Reilly & Roderick Strong) def. Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan

* Submission Match
KUSHIDA def. Drew Gulak

* NXT Women's Championship
Shayna Baszler (c) def. Kacy Catanzaro

* NXT North American Championship Triple Threat Match
Velveteen Dream (c) def. Matt Riddle and Adam Cole

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

17 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I had such a great time at the last one I went to years ago (and we got a banger main event, too - Mox/Styles/Rollins for the title). I coincidentally got an email this morning about a spot show up in White Plains, and actually considered it even though I haven't watched WWE in years - perhaps this post was a sign.

Edit: Not that anyone needed my two cents on this, but I definitely believe Sherilyn. It might be bias from personal experience, but MAN does this story have all the trappings of a Mexican-Catholic family: lying, shame, guilt, slut-shaming a SA victim, 'what about everything we've done for you.' This is, of course, to say nothing of Chavo Jr. supporting her publicly (and God bless him for that). I hope everyone involved can find peace. 

I was going to say something similar, but felt that definitely wasn't my place. However, as someone who grew up in a low income, deeply religious African-American family in the super rural Deep South, I see there is a tinge of the some of the same issues (spouses choosing their husband/wife over their child/children and gaslighting) going on in multiple walks of life.

Moreover, I think the telling part of Vickie's diatribe is the "I tried therapy...". Based on her reaction and some of the things she spewed in front of the entire world, maybe she should try going back on her own. Forget just the daughter part. She's got some stuff to work out clearly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've only attended house shows as I struggle travelling with the CP even to places close to where I am. Got lucky seeing Daniel Bryan at my first one, April 2015 as two days later he was pulled from the tour. My last in November 2021 was a true treat getting a legitimate dream match in WALTER vs. Cesaro, WALTER rarely did house shows back then. Ditto for Bron Breakker and Tommaso Ciampa.

• Like 4